Trance is my favorite genre of music for headphone listening, but I also listen to a lot of classic/progressive rock. I don't need a lot of bass to enjoy my trance though, so dont make that the main priority. Overall clarity and soundstage are more important imo. I'm willing to spend maybe a little over 100. Thanks!
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- What does everyone want for christmas? Last post on 12/31/12 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)? Last post on 5/29/12 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
Best Trance cans Under $100?post #1 of 136/27/11 at 7:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/27/11 at 7:45pm
Clarity and Soundstage under $100 is almost a joke.
There is Grado Sr60i or Sr80i, with great Clarity, but then fail at soundstage.
Fostex T50RP, have amazing clarity and soundstage, amazing sound, but need an amp like a fish for water.
Read my review:
Sony MDR-V6, good balance, clarity somewhat, ok soundstage.post #3 of 136/27/11 at 7:50pmpost #4 of 136/27/11 at 7:54pmQuote:
They are more balanced then all the others, so to a untrained ear, they sound mediocre. But give them some time and you won't be able to stand the others.
Also, why did you buy 4 pairs of headphones at the same time? It's all about buying one and moving on to the next.post #5 of 136/27/11 at 7:59pmQuote:
I didn't buy all 4 at the same time.
I bought panasonic first then beats. then just ordered the akgs and denons last week cuz I wanted to try a semi open set as well as an unactive noise cancelling closed setpost #6 of 136/27/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
oops, posted question in wrong thread. It was weird how you posted so fast! Now I understand
AKG are good btw, OP, but they do need water like a headphone. Or is that amped like a fish..... what?post #7 of 136/27/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I waited a little over a year to go from my M50 to my DT880.... at your pace you'll be up to HD800 next Thursday. Say bye to your wallet and hello to top ramen 3 times a day foreverpost #8 of 136/27/11 at 11:34pmpost #9 of 136/28/11 at 12:30am
Shure 840/740 DJ worth looking at, and the Sennheiser 598 is a gem, although it's kinda pricy right now since they are new, you might be able to get a good deal on used market. The down side of 598 is that they a bit bass shypost #10 of 136/28/11 at 1:17ampost #11 of 136/28/11 at 1:18ampost #12 of 136/28/11 at 2:58ampost #13 of 136/28/11 at 4:07am
SRH440 if it has to be 100 or lower. They're very good headphones :).
But... Ultrasone's if you really want excellent headphones for electronica. DJ1, HFI-580 or Pro 550 (not sure how much each of those models go for, but they seem to the best Ultrasone's for those on a bit of a tight budget).
- Best Trance cans Under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 4 minutes ago
- › Magnat LZR series 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › FS: PS Audio P5 AC Regenerator - Mint Condition 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...