Trance is my favorite genre of music for headphone listening, but I also listen to a lot of classic/progressive rock. I don't need a lot of bass to enjoy my trance though, so dont make that the main priority. Overall clarity and soundstage are more important imo. I'm willing to spend maybe a little over 100. Thanks!
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- What does everyone want for christmas? Last post on 12/31/12 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)? Last post on 5/29/12 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
Best Trance cans Under $100?post #1 of 136/27/11 at 7:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/27/11 at 7:45pm
Clarity and Soundstage under $100 is almost a joke.
There is Grado Sr60i or Sr80i, with great Clarity, but then fail at soundstage.
Fostex T50RP, have amazing clarity and soundstage, amazing sound, but need an amp like a fish for water.
Read my review:
Sony MDR-V6, good balance, clarity somewhat, ok soundstage.post #3 of 136/27/11 at 7:50pmpost #4 of 136/27/11 at 7:54pmQuote:
They are more balanced then all the others, so to a untrained ear, they sound mediocre. But give them some time and you won't be able to stand the others.
Also, why did you buy 4 pairs of headphones at the same time? It's all about buying one and moving on to the next.post #5 of 136/27/11 at 7:59pmQuote:
I didn't buy all 4 at the same time.
I bought panasonic first then beats. then just ordered the akgs and denons last week cuz I wanted to try a semi open set as well as an unactive noise cancelling closed setpost #6 of 136/27/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
oops, posted question in wrong thread. It was weird how you posted so fast! Now I understand
AKG are good btw, OP, but they do need water like a headphone. Or is that amped like a fish..... what?post #7 of 136/27/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I waited a little over a year to go from my M50 to my DT880.... at your pace you'll be up to HD800 next Thursday. Say bye to your wallet and hello to top ramen 3 times a day foreverpost #8 of 136/27/11 at 11:34pmpost #9 of 136/28/11 at 12:30am
Shure 840/740 DJ worth looking at, and the Sennheiser 598 is a gem, although it's kinda pricy right now since they are new, you might be able to get a good deal on used market. The down side of 598 is that they a bit bass shypost #10 of 136/28/11 at 1:17ampost #11 of 136/28/11 at 1:18ampost #12 of 136/28/11 at 2:58ampost #13 of 136/28/11 at 4:07am
SRH440 if it has to be 100 or lower. They're very good headphones :).
But... Ultrasone's if you really want excellent headphones for electronica. DJ1, HFI-580 or Pro 550 (not sure how much each of those models go for, but they seem to the best Ultrasone's for those on a bit of a tight budget).
- Best Trance cans Under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 21 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 30 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Galaxy S5 impedance... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2