Trance is my favorite genre of music for headphone listening, but I also listen to a lot of classic/progressive rock. I don't need a lot of bass to enjoy my trance though, so dont make that the main priority. Overall clarity and soundstage are more important imo. I'm willing to spend maybe a little over 100. Thanks!
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- What does everyone want for christmas? Last post on 12/31/12 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)? Last post on 5/29/12 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Best Trance cans Under $100?post #1 of 136/27/11 at 7:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/27/11 at 7:45pm
Clarity and Soundstage under $100 is almost a joke.
There is Grado Sr60i or Sr80i, with great Clarity, but then fail at soundstage.
Fostex T50RP, have amazing clarity and soundstage, amazing sound, but need an amp like a fish for water.
Read my review:
Sony MDR-V6, good balance, clarity somewhat, ok soundstage.post #3 of 136/27/11 at 7:50pmpost #4 of 136/27/11 at 7:54pmQuote:
They are more balanced then all the others, so to a untrained ear, they sound mediocre. But give them some time and you won't be able to stand the others.
Also, why did you buy 4 pairs of headphones at the same time? It's all about buying one and moving on to the next.post #5 of 136/27/11 at 7:59pmQuote:
I didn't buy all 4 at the same time.
I bought panasonic first then beats. then just ordered the akgs and denons last week cuz I wanted to try a semi open set as well as an unactive noise cancelling closed setpost #6 of 136/27/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
oops, posted question in wrong thread. It was weird how you posted so fast! Now I understand
AKG are good btw, OP, but they do need water like a headphone. Or is that amped like a fish..... what?post #7 of 136/27/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I waited a little over a year to go from my M50 to my DT880.... at your pace you'll be up to HD800 next Thursday. Say bye to your wallet and hello to top ramen 3 times a day foreverpost #8 of 136/27/11 at 11:34pmpost #9 of 136/28/11 at 12:30am
Shure 840/740 DJ worth looking at, and the Sennheiser 598 is a gem, although it's kinda pricy right now since they are new, you might be able to get a good deal on used market. The down side of 598 is that they a bit bass shypost #10 of 136/28/11 at 1:17ampost #11 of 136/28/11 at 1:18ampost #12 of 136/28/11 at 2:58ampost #13 of 136/28/11 at 4:07am
SRH440 if it has to be 100 or lower. They're very good headphones :).
But... Ultrasone's if you really want excellent headphones for electronica. DJ1, HFI-580 or Pro 550 (not sure how much each of those models go for, but they seem to the best Ultrasone's for those on a bit of a tight budget).
- Best Trance cans Under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Hugo 7 seconds ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 59 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist;... 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing a pair of bass-heavy iems 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Design a custom IEM faceplate for the Head-Fi community 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 2 minutes ago
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)