Trance is my favorite genre of music for headphone listening, but I also listen to a lot of classic/progressive rock. I don't need a lot of bass to enjoy my trance though, so dont make that the main priority. Overall clarity and soundstage are more important imo. I'm willing to spend maybe a little over 100. Thanks!
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- What does everyone want for christmas? Last post on 12/31/12 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)? Last post on 5/29/12 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Xduoo X3 review : After two months of daily use, the Xduoo X3 give me already enough pleasure to make me want to share my enthusiast impressions about him to headfiers around the...
Coming from Sennheiser HD-600, 580s, Ety ER-4s, Fiio X1s, AKG 701s, Momentum 2.0s, etc. I didn't know exactly what to expect out of this headphones. They are, after all, Sonys. And Sony can build...
Review: Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone Touch Panel Control activated Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is...
The Z2016. A strange beast that did have some potential Introduction Zhiyin is a name that has recently caused quite a stir here on Head-Fi after releasing their flagship model the QT5. Some...
Best Trance cans Under $100?post #1 of 136/27/11 at 7:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/27/11 at 7:45pm
Clarity and Soundstage under $100 is almost a joke.
There is Grado Sr60i or Sr80i, with great Clarity, but then fail at soundstage.
Fostex T50RP, have amazing clarity and soundstage, amazing sound, but need an amp like a fish for water.
Read my review:
Sony MDR-V6, good balance, clarity somewhat, ok soundstage.post #3 of 136/27/11 at 7:50pmpost #4 of 136/27/11 at 7:54pmQuote:
They are more balanced then all the others, so to a untrained ear, they sound mediocre. But give them some time and you won't be able to stand the others.
Also, why did you buy 4 pairs of headphones at the same time? It's all about buying one and moving on to the next.post #5 of 136/27/11 at 7:59pmQuote:
I didn't buy all 4 at the same time.
I bought panasonic first then beats. then just ordered the akgs and denons last week cuz I wanted to try a semi open set as well as an unactive noise cancelling closed setpost #6 of 136/27/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
oops, posted question in wrong thread. It was weird how you posted so fast! Now I understand
AKG are good btw, OP, but they do need water like a headphone. Or is that amped like a fish..... what?post #7 of 136/27/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I waited a little over a year to go from my M50 to my DT880.... at your pace you'll be up to HD800 next Thursday. Say bye to your wallet and hello to top ramen 3 times a day foreverpost #8 of 136/27/11 at 11:34pmpost #9 of 136/28/11 at 12:30am
Shure 840/740 DJ worth looking at, and the Sennheiser 598 is a gem, although it's kinda pricy right now since they are new, you might be able to get a good deal on used market. The down side of 598 is that they a bit bass shypost #10 of 136/28/11 at 1:17ampost #11 of 136/28/11 at 1:18ampost #12 of 136/28/11 at 2:58ampost #13 of 136/28/11 at 4:07am
SRH440 if it has to be 100 or lower. They're very good headphones :).
But... Ultrasone's if you really want excellent headphones for electronica. DJ1, HFI-580 or Pro 550 (not sure how much each of those models go for, but they seem to the best Ultrasone's for those on a bit of a tight budget).
- Best Trance cans Under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 24 seconds ago
- › choose monitoring headphone for rap mixing & master between... 35 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos,... 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...