Trance is my favorite genre of music for headphone listening, but I also listen to a lot of classic/progressive rock. I don't need a lot of bass to enjoy my trance though, so dont make that the main priority. Overall clarity and soundstage are more important imo. I'm willing to spend maybe a little over 100. Thanks!
- productAKG Acoustics K240 Monitoring Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR60i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- What does everyone want for christmas? Last post on 12/31/12 at 10:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good Alternative To My M50's???? Last post on 1/19/11 at 11:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've been told this is the place to go to ask about headphones; looking to get my first... Last post on 12/18/10 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Perfect headphones for me (in a budget of about $100)? Last post on 5/29/12 at 5:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to get headphones - Novice in Head-Fi land.... Last post on 2/19/12 at 1:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Best Trance cans Under $100?post #1 of 136/27/11 at 7:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/27/11 at 7:45pm
Clarity and Soundstage under $100 is almost a joke.
There is Grado Sr60i or Sr80i, with great Clarity, but then fail at soundstage.
Fostex T50RP, have amazing clarity and soundstage, amazing sound, but need an amp like a fish for water.
Read my review:
Sony MDR-V6, good balance, clarity somewhat, ok soundstage.post #3 of 136/27/11 at 7:50pmpost #4 of 136/27/11 at 7:54pmQuote:
They are more balanced then all the others, so to a untrained ear, they sound mediocre. But give them some time and you won't be able to stand the others.
Also, why did you buy 4 pairs of headphones at the same time? It's all about buying one and moving on to the next.post #5 of 136/27/11 at 7:59pmQuote:
I didn't buy all 4 at the same time.
I bought panasonic first then beats. then just ordered the akgs and denons last week cuz I wanted to try a semi open set as well as an unactive noise cancelling closed setpost #6 of 136/27/11 at 8:01pmQuote:
oops, posted question in wrong thread. It was weird how you posted so fast! Now I understand
AKG are good btw, OP, but they do need water like a headphone. Or is that amped like a fish..... what?post #7 of 136/27/11 at 8:04pmQuote:
I waited a little over a year to go from my M50 to my DT880.... at your pace you'll be up to HD800 next Thursday. Say bye to your wallet and hello to top ramen 3 times a day foreverpost #8 of 136/27/11 at 11:34pmpost #9 of 136/28/11 at 12:30am
Shure 840/740 DJ worth looking at, and the Sennheiser 598 is a gem, although it's kinda pricy right now since they are new, you might be able to get a good deal on used market. The down side of 598 is that they a bit bass shypost #10 of 136/28/11 at 1:17ampost #11 of 136/28/11 at 1:18ampost #12 of 136/28/11 at 2:58ampost #13 of 136/28/11 at 4:07am
SRH440 if it has to be 100 or lower. They're very good headphones :).
But... Ultrasone's if you really want excellent headphones for electronica. DJ1, HFI-580 or Pro 550 (not sure how much each of those models go for, but they seem to the best Ultrasone's for those on a bit of a tight budget).
- Best Trance cans Under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Stax Thread III 19 seconds ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 28 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 4 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe