Is it worth it? Currently rocking (and loving) the M50 with the E7/E9 combo and looking for something a little different.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600 with FiiO e7 + e9 combo. Last post on 9/6/11 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- pre-owned Beyerdynamics DT880 comfort, old cushion? Last post on 11/10/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone upgrade or amp? Last post on 9/13/11 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazonpost #1 of 76/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 76/25/11 at 9:22pmpost #3 of 76/25/11 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/25/11 at 9:29pmQuote:
That's a good price
If you want something different, then I would go for them, but know that they are more laid back, open and are probably the opposite of what the m50's are.
If you want a good change, but not a drastic one, go for the HD598. these can be bought for $180 if you call up JR and are more upfront and have a good all around sound. They are the opposite of your m50's with more of a friendly welcome. they are well worth it to save up and wait for them. But the build quality will not impress you at first and the sound also, just give them some time.
If you can't wait, the best sound like Senn if you want a different sound signature, and you don't have the money, get some Koss Dj100 for about $80. They will give you the sound that is opposite of your m50's in a good build and the same type of heapdhones, more Dj like.post #5 of 76/25/11 at 9:39pmThread Starterpost #6 of 76/25/11 at 10:15pm
- HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazon
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Genesis 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear