Is it worth it? Currently rocking (and loving) the M50 with the E7/E9 combo and looking for something a little different.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600 with FiiO e7 + e9 combo. Last post on 9/6/11 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- pre-owned Beyerdynamics DT880 comfort, old cushion? Last post on 11/10/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone upgrade or amp? Last post on 9/13/11 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After owning the PS Audio PWD II for six months, most recently running firmware version 2.4.6 (which is the best I tried), I wanted to move to a dac/preamp solution that would include analog inputs...
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazonpost #1 of 76/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 76/25/11 at 9:22pmpost #3 of 76/25/11 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/25/11 at 9:29pmQuote:
That's a good price
If you want something different, then I would go for them, but know that they are more laid back, open and are probably the opposite of what the m50's are.
If you want a good change, but not a drastic one, go for the HD598. these can be bought for $180 if you call up JR and are more upfront and have a good all around sound. They are the opposite of your m50's with more of a friendly welcome. they are well worth it to save up and wait for them. But the build quality will not impress you at first and the sound also, just give them some time.
If you can't wait, the best sound like Senn if you want a different sound signature, and you don't have the money, get some Koss Dj100 for about $80. They will give you the sound that is opposite of your m50's in a good build and the same type of heapdhones, more Dj like.post #5 of 76/25/11 at 9:39pmThread Starterpost #6 of 76/25/11 at 10:15pm
- HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazon
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 23 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Budget noise cancelling headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design m920 by boatheelmusic
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)