Is it worth it? Currently rocking (and loving) the M50 with the E7/E9 combo and looking for something a little different.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600 with FiiO e7 + e9 combo. Last post on 9/6/11 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- pre-owned Beyerdynamics DT880 comfort, old cushion? Last post on 11/10/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone upgrade or amp? Last post on 9/13/11 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazonpost #1 of 76/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 76/25/11 at 9:22pmpost #3 of 76/25/11 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/25/11 at 9:29pmQuote:
That's a good price
If you want something different, then I would go for them, but know that they are more laid back, open and are probably the opposite of what the m50's are.
If you want a good change, but not a drastic one, go for the HD598. these can be bought for $180 if you call up JR and are more upfront and have a good all around sound. They are the opposite of your m50's with more of a friendly welcome. they are well worth it to save up and wait for them. But the build quality will not impress you at first and the sound also, just give them some time.
If you can't wait, the best sound like Senn if you want a different sound signature, and you don't have the money, get some Koss Dj100 for about $80. They will give you the sound that is opposite of your m50's in a good build and the same type of heapdhones, more Dj like.post #5 of 76/25/11 at 9:39pmThread Starterpost #6 of 76/25/11 at 10:15pm
- HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazon
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 3 minutes ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome one and all! Please introduce yourselves! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Aluminum Gimbals and Rodblocks. Finally found a place to buy... 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...