Is it worth it? Currently rocking (and loving) the M50 with the E7/E9 combo and looking for something a little different.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600 with FiiO e7 + e9 combo. Last post on 9/6/11 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- pre-owned Beyerdynamics DT880 comfort, old cushion? Last post on 11/10/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone upgrade or amp? Last post on 9/13/11 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazonpost #1 of 76/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 76/25/11 at 9:22pmpost #3 of 76/25/11 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/25/11 at 9:29pmQuote:
That's a good price
If you want something different, then I would go for them, but know that they are more laid back, open and are probably the opposite of what the m50's are.
If you want a good change, but not a drastic one, go for the HD598. these can be bought for $180 if you call up JR and are more upfront and have a good all around sound. They are the opposite of your m50's with more of a friendly welcome. they are well worth it to save up and wait for them. But the build quality will not impress you at first and the sound also, just give them some time.
If you can't wait, the best sound like Senn if you want a different sound signature, and you don't have the money, get some Koss Dj100 for about $80. They will give you the sound that is opposite of your m50's in a good build and the same type of heapdhones, more Dj like.post #5 of 76/25/11 at 9:39pmThread Starterpost #6 of 76/25/11 at 10:15pm
DT880 600ohm.... Ive had mine for a month I dont think Ill ever buy another set of cans. Only upgrade I see myself getting is some custom IEMs maybe next year or when the tf10 break.
- HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazon
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 35 seconds ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › Herbies Audio Lab Iso-Cup w/SuperSonic Hardball 2 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 9 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 14 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)