Is it worth it? Currently rocking (and loving) the M50 with the E7/E9 combo and looking for something a little different.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/28/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 6/28/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/28/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 6/28/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600 with FiiO e7 + e9 combo. Last post on 9/6/11 at 10:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon D2000 Amping help please Last post on 5/11/12 at 5:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- pre-owned Beyerdynamics DT880 comfort, old cushion? Last post on 11/10/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone upgrade or amp? Last post on 9/13/11 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazonpost #1 of 76/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 76/25/11 at 9:22pmpost #3 of 76/25/11 at 9:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 76/25/11 at 9:29pmQuote:
That's a good price
If you want something different, then I would go for them, but know that they are more laid back, open and are probably the opposite of what the m50's are.
If you want a good change, but not a drastic one, go for the HD598. these can be bought for $180 if you call up JR and are more upfront and have a good all around sound. They are the opposite of your m50's with more of a friendly welcome. they are well worth it to save up and wait for them. But the build quality will not impress you at first and the sound also, just give them some time.
If you can't wait, the best sound like Senn if you want a different sound signature, and you don't have the money, get some Koss Dj100 for about $80. They will give you the sound that is opposite of your m50's in a good build and the same type of heapdhones, more Dj like.post #5 of 76/25/11 at 9:39pmThread Starterpost #6 of 76/25/11 at 10:15pm
- HD555 for $100 popped on my special deals at Amazon
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 11 seconds ago
- › Symphones Magnum V1 Drivers 12 seconds ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 48 seconds ago
- › Budget Dac/amp discussion fiio e10k,nuforce udac 3, centrance... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › advice/help setting up IEM measurement rig 4 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Daccord 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2