or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Gratitude live music IEMs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monster Gratitude live music IEMs - Page 6

post #76 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post

Just got the Gratitudes.  I think they are a steal for $57.  Most of the stock tips didn't seal for me.  The only ones that sealed were the largest and second largest soft tips.


 



If you're having sealing issues, Sony Hybrids and the gel tips from the MH1/MH!c both work well.
post #77 of 148

hpw ypu compare gratitude and tenore and re-400 ?

which one do you prefer more?

post #78 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

Just got the Gratitudes.  I think they are a steal for $57.  Most of the stock tips didn't seal for me.  The only ones that sealed were the largest and second largest soft tips.


how your compare gratitude to tenore and re-400 ?

post #79 of 148

+1 on the re-400 comparison i'm confused on which to get between these 2. I was leaning towards the re-400 on my search for best bang for buck 100$ budget iem and then I came across these on amazon and saw it go for 60$ which is btw a 74 PERCENT DISCOUNT. For additional info I listen to mostly pop rock, acoustic rock, rnb, pop, soft rock. And can anybody suggest what tips i should buy for these because most are saying they did not get a good seal with the stock ones.

post #80 of 148

Sorry to bump this but i really can't find any head-fi reviews of these earphones! The packaging and the accessories shown in youtube videos and pictures are really pulling me in!

post #81 of 148
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sound22 View Post
 

+1 on the re-400 comparison i'm confused on which to get between these 2. I was leaning towards the re-400 on my search for best bang for buck 100$ budget iem and then I came across these on amazon and saw it go for 60$ which is btw a 74 PERCENT DISCOUNT. For additional info I listen to mostly pop rock, acoustic rock, rnb, pop, soft rock. And can anybody suggest what tips i should buy for these because most are saying they did not get a good seal with the stock ones.

 

 

Most people?  I haven't really seen many say that.  There are 12 different pairs of stock tips included (5x standard, 2x triple flange, 5x gel-filled isolation).  You should be able to get a good seal with one of them.  If you can't, Sony Hybrids have the same length and bore size.

 

They really are excellent earphones.  I have both the Gratitudes and the Yao Solars (original model, rebranded as the Gratitudes) and they're excellent.  Very smooth, enjoyable sound with a small high-mid, low-treble bump to keep them from sounding too dark.  The best word I can use to describe them is "lyrical".  A good, quick review can be found in the Summer Buying Guide here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/2013-head-fi-summer-buying-guide-introduction 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezane222 View Post
 


how your compare gratitude to tenore and re-400 ?

 

The RE-400s are a touch smoother in the treble, the Gratitudes have better bass.  Detail levels are quite similar though a slight edge goes to the RE-400s.

 

The Tenores can't even be considered here.  Both the Gratitude and RE-400 are better headphones by miles and miles and miles.  Like, it's not even remotely close.

post #82 of 148

Because of my small ear canals I only found one included tip that was close to comfortable (the smallest tri-flange). The others small enough didn't give me a good seal, and the rest were uncomfortable. But with such a large included variety it seems something ought to work.

 

I'm more of a headphone than an earphone guy so have few comparisons, but they sounded very nice.

post #83 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekostas View Post
 

 

Most people?  I haven't really seen many say that.  There are 12 different pairs of stock tips included (5x standard, 2x triple flange, 5x gel-filled isolation).  You should be able to get a good seal with one of them.  If you can't, Sony Hybrids have the same length and bore size.

 

They really are excellent earphones.  I have both the Gratitudes and the Yao Solars (original model, rebranded as the Gratitudes) and they're excellent.  Very smooth, enjoyable sound with a small high-mid, low-treble bump to keep them from sounding too dark.  The best word I can use to describe them is "lyrical".  A good, quick review can be found in the Summer Buying Guide here: http://www.head-fi.org/a/2013-head-fi-summer-buying-guide-introduction 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezane222 View Post
 


how your compare gratitude to tenore and re-400 ?

 

The RE-400s are a touch smoother in the treble, the Gratitudes have better bass.  Detail levels are quite similar though a slight edge goes to the RE-400s.

 

The Tenores can't even be considered here.  Both the Gratitude and RE-400 are better headphones by miles and miles and miles.  Like, it's not even remotely close.

 

 

Hey dude thanks this really helps. But another question, how come there are so few reviews for these phones? Is it because it's monster?

post #84 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound22 View Post
 

 

Hey dude thanks this really helps. But another question, how come there are so few reviews for these phones? Is it because it's monster?

 

More or less because of the stigma left by Monster around here.  There are successful Monster 'phones, Turbine series is well respected, the Gratitude has gotten good reviews as well.  The Gratitude isn't as popular though, the Turbines did have a FOTM moment at one point, no such thing happened with the Gratitude.  Another thing is that it is endorsed by an artist...  Those tend to not be too popular around here too.  

post #85 of 148
Yo tinyman, any word on the longetivity/durability? I believe you've had them for at least a year. So are they still in good shape?
post #86 of 148
Quote:

Originally Posted by jekostas View Post

 

The RE-400s are a touch smoother in the treble, the Gratitudes have better bass.  Detail levels are quite similar though a slight edge goes to the RE-400s.

 

The Tenores can't even be considered here.  Both the Gratitude and RE-400 are better headphones by miles and miles and miles.  Like, it's not even remotely close.

between gratitude and re-400, which has more clarity / clean sound?

how about presentation aspect. soundstage width and depth, imaging or 3D comparison?

it's tempting. coz i almost buy the tenore.

post #87 of 148

I'm still comparing the Tenore and Gratitude.  Right now, I think the Tenore has better vocal, but Gratitude is better in all areas, so I'd give the edge to the gratitude.  Others think the gratitude blows away the tenore:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-brainwavz-delta-r3-dual-dynamic-pg948-onkyo-phones-pg-904-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/14985#post_9854729

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-brainwavz-delta-r3-dual-dynamic-pg948-onkyo-phones-pg-904-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/15015#post_9856259

post #88 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound22 View Post

Yo tinyman, any word on the longetivity/durability? I believe you've had them for at least a year. So are they still in good shape?

 

The Gratitude aren't my everyday, go-to headphones, so they don't get torn up :p  They do still work though.  Cabling does seem a little thinner than I'd like on the upper half, otherwise, the build seems fine.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezane222 View Post
 

between gratitude and re-400, which has more clarity / clean sound?

how about presentation aspect. soundstage width and depth, imaging or 3D comparison?

it's tempting. coz i almost buy the tenore.

 

This is from memory, but I would say that the RE-400 offers a cleaner sound, while both offer about the same amount in terms of clarity.  As for sound stage, they both offer a nice presentation in this area.  THe 400 is more natural while the Gratitude is larger.  

 

No comparisons to the Tenore.  

post #89 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

The Gratitude aren't my everyday, go-to headphones, so they don't get torn up tongue.gif  They do still work though.  Cabling does seem a little thinner than I'd like on the upper half, otherwise, the build seems fine.  

Ive read so much complaints about monster's quality control in general but not much of the gratitudes. And i also read about their customer support, BTW is it fixed? ive seen the posts but their from 2011 and 2010. Thanks for your response.
post #90 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound22 View Post


Ive read so much complaints about monster's quality control in general but not much of the gratitudes. And i also read about their customer support, BTW is it fixed? ive seen the posts but their from 2011 and 2010. Thanks for your response.

 

Build quality is fine.  Customer Service is fine.  At the rate you're asking questions you're never ever going to actually buy something.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73 View Post
 

I'm still comparing the Tenore and Gratitude.  Right now, I think the Tenore has better vocal, but Gratitude is better in all areas, so I'd give the edge to the gratitude.  Others think the gratitude blows away the tenore:

 

 

Sound quality and sound signature are completely different things.  Be sure you know what you're comparing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Monster Gratitude live music IEMs