Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard - Page 6

post #76 of 258

I have yet to hear a Beyer that sounds bad, except the new gen in ears, which sounds metallic and lifeless comparing to the older gen's dark and rich voice.

 

The DT660 is great, have played it several times and was always impressed.. I only got the DT770 and T1 just to save money.

post #77 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredWong View Post

I have yet to hear a Beyer that sounds bad, except the new gen in ears, which sounds metallic and lifeless comparing to the older gen's dark and rich voice.

 

The DT660 is great, have played it several times and was always impressed.. I only got the DT770 and T1 just to save money.

 

wish i could get a dt770 and t1 "just to save money" :D

post #78 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post

 

wish i could get a dt770 and t1 "just to save money" :D

It's true. You gotta upgrade to the best someday, I somehow regret getting the DT1350 and now I need to get the T5p.

 

This place is a curse.

post #79 of 258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post

better than the k701 and 501? high praise indeed.

 

def need to check these out

I think as I've lived with them, I've come to realize that the DT660 excels over the K701 and K501 in the sense that it is closed back with superior isolation.  In an ideal setup with a really good source and a powerful amp, I would still take the AKG except in certain orchestral passages.

post #80 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

I think as I've lived with them, I've come to realize that the DT660 excels over the K701 and K501 in the sense that it is closed back with superior isolation.  In an ideal setup with a really good source and a powerful amp, I would still take the AKG except in certain orchestral passages.


sounds good. How does the dt fare straight from a dap?
post #81 of 258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2625 View Post


sounds good. How does the dt fare straight from a dap?

 

extremely well, and thats one of its strengths!!
post #82 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

 

extremely well, and thats one of its strengths!!

 

dang. very tempted. and less than $200... could be my dream come true.

post #83 of 258

how are these compared to the ad700 btw for classical? thanks

post #84 of 258

Yeah, David.

Have you heard the K550?

How would you compare them to say DT660, or K701?

How do you rate them in general?

post #85 of 258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehow View Post

Yeah, David.

Have you heard the K550?

How would you compare them to say DT660, or K701?

How do you rate them in general?


I haven't heard the K550 sadly. I have confidence they are good!

post #86 of 258

"Best classical music headphones in the world"

 

picture of closed back headphones.

 

 

Not sure if trolling.....
 

post #87 of 258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodhifi View Post

"Best classical music headphones in the world"

 

picture of closed back headphones.

 

 

Not sure if trolling.....
 

Not trolling . I don't see where I call them the best classical music headphones in the world.  

 

Here, you can read more about how I feel they compete in this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12#user_DT660

post #88 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodhifi View Post

"Best classical music headphones in the world"

 

picture of closed back headphones.

 

 

Not sure if trolling.....
 

 

Not sure if trolling......

post #89 of 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMahler View Post

Not trolling . I don't see where I call them the best classical music headphones in the world.  

 

Here, you can read more about how I feel they compete in this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-57-headphones-compared-update-hifiman-he-400-added-12-24-12#user_DT660


The title "one of the best classical music headphones I've ever heard" was construed to mean that. My apologies if I misread your statement.

 

And not trolling, just snarky.

 

The resonances and soundstage issues most closed backs have would seem in my opinion to make them a poor choice for classical. My 880's are semi open and still leave room for improvement in that category.


Edited by Kodhifi - 1/8/13 at 7:00pm
post #90 of 258

I bought the the T5p, after David's recommendation, with the intention of using them for classical from the HP-P1. After a few seconds on Bach's solo violin sonata No.1 it's awesome! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard