- 45 Posts. Joined 12/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandTTVJtagged by System, 8/30/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Disapointed with Ultrasone pro 900 midrange, suggestions on mods or other cans that are better? Last post on 1/7/12 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/20/15 at 1:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- T5P for non-portable/isolation use...does it have a purpose with a T1 in this world Last post on 12/24/11 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard - Page 24post #346 of 3498/20/15 at 6:29amThe 660s get even better with continued use, even developing a decent tight bass. The level of detail is amazing, great soundstage for closed back cans, I would say they are a fun version of the AKG702 without the need for an expensive amp! Give them a couple of days for your ears to attune and you will find them superb for orchestral and all other classical music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 3498/20/15 at 10:30am
I'm new to the forum and I am currently looking to purchase my first set of good headphones. Would you say these 660s would be the best bet for me? My budget is around $500 and I'm a big fan of alternative, blues, etc. I'm a big fan of John Mayer sounds, to give some context. I have a big emphasis on vocals and realistic sounding instrumentals and less emphasis on bass. Thanks for all of your help :)post #348 of 3498/22/15 at 10:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by boochoo
I'm new to the forum and I am currently looking to purchase my first set of good headphones. Would you say these 660s would be the best bet for me? My budget is around $500 and I'm a big fan of alternative, blues, etc. I'm a big fan of John Mayer sounds, to give some context. I have a big emphasis on vocals and realistic sounding instrumentals and less emphasis on bass. Thanks for all of your help :)
Hi, boochoo -
Welcome to Head-Fi!
I don't own the DT660, but my impression is that they're not the best with the genre of music you mention.
My preferences are similar to yours: I like headphones that are neutral, accurate, and uncolored, yet with clarity and "fullness" of sound. My own headphone is the Shure SRH840 (~$200), a popular studio monitor 'phone that's easy to drive and sounds wonderful.
Brianpost #349 of 3498/23/15 at 1:21am
I've just found the best set of cans for classical music that I've heard. The Flare R2A iems do a brilliant job in all departments. What I really like about them is the way that they present soundstage. Even in big orchestral tracks you can easily pick out where the different sections of the orchestra are playing from and soloists come from a specific point on the stage. The sound stage is wide and deep. Chamber music is even better. Add to that the natural way that these iems reproduce timbre and tone and these make listening to classical music an enjoyable experience. The one caveat of course is how well the music was recorded and mastered in the first place.
- I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › RMAF Show Special Discount ALO Audio 55 seconds ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 56 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 - Must sell. Will take the best offer 1 minute ago
- › Help with headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2