- 45 Posts. Joined 12/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandTTVJtagged by System, 8/30/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Disapointed with Ultrasone pro 900 midrange, suggestions on mods or other cans that are better? Last post on 1/7/12 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 8/20/15 at 1:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- T5P for non-portable/isolation use...does it have a purpose with a T1 in this world Last post on 12/24/11 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard - Page 24post #346 of 3498/20/15 at 6:29amThe 660s get even better with continued use, even developing a decent tight bass. The level of detail is amazing, great soundstage for closed back cans, I would say they are a fun version of the AKG702 without the need for an expensive amp! Give them a couple of days for your ears to attune and you will find them superb for orchestral and all other classical music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 3498/20/15 at 10:30am
I'm new to the forum and I am currently looking to purchase my first set of good headphones. Would you say these 660s would be the best bet for me? My budget is around $500 and I'm a big fan of alternative, blues, etc. I'm a big fan of John Mayer sounds, to give some context. I have a big emphasis on vocals and realistic sounding instrumentals and less emphasis on bass. Thanks for all of your help :)post #348 of 3498/22/15 at 10:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by boochoo
I'm new to the forum and I am currently looking to purchase my first set of good headphones. Would you say these 660s would be the best bet for me? My budget is around $500 and I'm a big fan of alternative, blues, etc. I'm a big fan of John Mayer sounds, to give some context. I have a big emphasis on vocals and realistic sounding instrumentals and less emphasis on bass. Thanks for all of your help :)
Hi, boochoo -
Welcome to Head-Fi!
I don't own the DT660, but my impression is that they're not the best with the genre of music you mention.
My preferences are similar to yours: I like headphones that are neutral, accurate, and uncolored, yet with clarity and "fullness" of sound. My own headphone is the Shure SRH840 (~$200), a popular studio monitor 'phone that's easy to drive and sounds wonderful.
Brianpost #349 of 3498/23/15 at 1:21am
I've just found the best set of cans for classical music that I've heard. The Flare R2A iems do a brilliant job in all departments. What I really like about them is the way that they present soundstage. Even in big orchestral tracks you can easily pick out where the different sections of the orchestra are playing from and soloists come from a specific point on the stage. The sound stage is wide and deep. Chamber music is even better. Add to that the natural way that these iems reproduce timbre and tone and these make listening to classical music an enjoyable experience. The one caveat of course is how well the music was recorded and mastered in the first place.
- I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 26 seconds ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM available? 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 4 minutes ago
- › Greetings! 4 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 5 minutes ago
- › How old are these headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2