No, I won't be at my US home for a while... And the country I'm in doesn't deliver through amazon. Ebay works, but the shipping is ridiculously expensive.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 660 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandTTVJtagged by System, 8/30/11
- productTTVJ Millet Portable Hybridtagged by System, 8/30/11
Related Forum Threads
- Disapointed with Ultrasone pro 900 midrange, suggestions on mods or other cans that are better? Last post on 1/7/12 at 12:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p Last post on 7/24/14 at 8:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- T5P for non-portable/isolation use...does it have a purpose with a T1 in this world Last post on 12/24/11 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard - Page 20
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #287 of 29012/22/14 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by MorrisL
Just how bright is DT660? For example, I have 990 Pro and simply can't stand the harshness that seems to be the result of its bright signature. With this in mind, is it possible that I will be OK with the 660? I only listen to classical music, and I have absolutely no way of auditioning them before buying, so I have to rely on the good people here to give me some prospective.
I was hesitant to reply because I don't have a vast experience with headphones. In my opinion, they are slightly bright. They rarely feel aggressive to me. If I listen to music with lots of highs, like organ music, for 30-45 min I tend to feel fatigued. If I listen to music with more mids, like orchestral music, I tend to get fatigued after an hour or maybe a little more time. It is noticeable, but not aggressive in my opinion. I can't listen to them for very long periods of time if it is "bright music."post #288 of 29012/22/14 at 11:41amQuote:Originally Posted by AlexZanderZee
I was hesitant to reply because I don't have a vast experience with headphones. In my opinion, they are slightly bright. They rarely feel aggressive to me. If I listen to music with lots of highs, like organ music, for 30-45 min I tend to feel fatigued. If I listen to music with more mids, like orchestral music, I tend to get fatigued after an hour or maybe a little more time. It is noticeable, but not aggressive in my opinion. I can't listen to them for very long periods of time if it is "bright music."
Thank for replying. Now, that's a big problem, since most symphonies are actually over 30 minutes, so are a great number of classical pieces. This means one should expect fatigue from these headphones pretty much with each long use.
Looks like I need to search elsewhere for a warm closed heaphone that is as good with classical music. Such a shame! I was fascinated by DavidMaher's comment that, for classical, these are "on par" with the T1. What a great way to enjoy music to the fullest and still save a grand not buying something like the T1!post #289 of 29012/22/14 at 11:45ampost #290 of 29012/22/14 at 11:55am
They do. It's called the Momentum but it is shamelessly advertised as an over-ear headphone, whereas your ears will feel like their in a death trap (that's if you're lucky enough to fit them inside).
Such a shame too! They're dark and can be used without an amp, which is a requirement I have for my future closed pair. Some people have mentioned they're like the closed version of HD650.
If the DT660s were dark and not bright, I'd be partying like Charlie Sheen.
- I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music headphones I've ever heard
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 52 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)