it seems they are no longer liked very much. i remember when they were like the ultimate fotm. people could not wait to get them. i wonder what happened to zanth. if you are around zanth, do you still love them? i still love mine. for more reasons then the sound even. i am proud of what grado has done as a small american company. my current pair have maybe tens of thousands of hours on them and have had no porblems. please, no bashing them here! i just want to know if anyone still really digs them. oh, and i'd like to hear from anyone that has a lot of posts. obviously someone that went from sr80's probably thinks they are great but what do the rest of you think? again, please do not bash them in this thread!
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- electrostats or a reference model Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
does anyone still love their ps1000?post #1 of 2926/21/11 at 5:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2926/21/11 at 6:32pmpost #3 of 2926/21/11 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2926/21/11 at 10:21pmpost #5 of 2926/22/11 at 6:13am
GS1000 marked the end of Grado for me. The PS1000 and HF2 confirmed that Grado has nothing new to offer except for producing headphones with average sound and poor build quality.post #6 of 2926/22/11 at 6:25ampost #7 of 2926/22/11 at 6:47amQuote:
Do you believe that $500-$800 is a good price for an average headphone?post #8 of 2926/22/11 at 6:53ampost #9 of 2926/22/11 at 7:06ampost #10 of 2926/22/11 at 7:13ampost #11 of 2926/22/11 at 7:24am
A few reasons come to mind as to why PS1000 owners choose not to make our presence felt here. Fear of persecution might be one. There's so few of us could be another. Maybe we have nothing to prove and are just quietly content with what we have, even if it is regarded by many here (including those who haven't heard it) as overpriced, unfashionable, unworthy and not an orthodynamic.
Edited by bumblingbooby - 6/22/11 at 7:26ampost #12 of 2926/22/11 at 7:43am
I personally would love to get my hands on one to give them a chance. I think the closest I'm going to get will be my upcoming Jaben AluMod'ed Grado's I'm going to make when I get home with several mods as well. I don't however think I could pay what they sell for, for a pair even if they were absolutely astounding.post #13 of 2926/22/11 at 8:42ampost #14 of 2926/22/11 at 8:51ampost #15 of 2926/22/11 at 12:22pmQuote:
No, it doesn't matter.
Your point is IYO. You have no proof that they are overpriced or if that is the reason few people buy them.
- does anyone still love their ps1000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: SmartPower. Please feed the... 18 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › I need a 2nd pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations on Bravo Audio V2 Class A 12AU7 Tube Multi-Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Please Recommend Excellent 2.0 Channel Small Desktop Speakers 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH-840 vs Denon AH-D2000 3 minutes ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)