it seems they are no longer liked very much. i remember when they were like the ultimate fotm. people could not wait to get them. i wonder what happened to zanth. if you are around zanth, do you still love them? i still love mine. for more reasons then the sound even. i am proud of what grado has done as a small american company. my current pair have maybe tens of thousands of hours on them and have had no porblems. please, no bashing them here! i just want to know if anyone still really digs them. oh, and i'd like to hear from anyone that has a lot of posts. obviously someone that went from sr80's probably thinks they are great but what do the rest of you think? again, please do not bash them in this thread!
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- electrostats or a reference model Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
does anyone still love their ps1000?post #1 of 2926/21/11 at 5:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2926/21/11 at 6:32pmpost #3 of 2926/21/11 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2926/21/11 at 10:21pmpost #5 of 2926/22/11 at 6:13am
GS1000 marked the end of Grado for me. The PS1000 and HF2 confirmed that Grado has nothing new to offer except for producing headphones with average sound and poor build quality.post #6 of 2926/22/11 at 6:25ampost #7 of 2926/22/11 at 6:47amQuote:
Do you believe that $500-$800 is a good price for an average headphone?post #8 of 2926/22/11 at 6:53ampost #9 of 2926/22/11 at 7:06ampost #10 of 2926/22/11 at 7:13ampost #11 of 2926/22/11 at 7:24am
A few reasons come to mind as to why PS1000 owners choose not to make our presence felt here. Fear of persecution might be one. There's so few of us could be another. Maybe we have nothing to prove and are just quietly content with what we have, even if it is regarded by many here (including those who haven't heard it) as overpriced, unfashionable, unworthy and not an orthodynamic.
Edited by bumblingbooby - 6/22/11 at 7:26ampost #12 of 2926/22/11 at 7:43am
I personally would love to get my hands on one to give them a chance. I think the closest I'm going to get will be my upcoming Jaben AluMod'ed Grado's I'm going to make when I get home with several mods as well. I don't however think I could pay what they sell for, for a pair even if they were absolutely astounding.post #13 of 2926/22/11 at 8:42ampost #14 of 2926/22/11 at 8:51ampost #15 of 2926/22/11 at 12:22pmQuote:
No, it doesn't matter.
Your point is IYO. You have no proof that they are overpriced or if that is the reason few people buy them.
- does anyone still love their ps1000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Music Game IX 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 43 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 57 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › HD 558 vs HD 598 Soundstage 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › Newbie here. 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear