it seems they are no longer liked very much. i remember when they were like the ultimate fotm. people could not wait to get them. i wonder what happened to zanth. if you are around zanth, do you still love them? i still love mine. for more reasons then the sound even. i am proud of what grado has done as a small american company. my current pair have maybe tens of thousands of hours on them and have had no porblems. please, no bashing them here! i just want to know if anyone still really digs them. oh, and i'd like to hear from anyone that has a lot of posts. obviously someone that went from sr80's probably thinks they are great but what do the rest of you think? again, please do not bash them in this thread!
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- electrostats or a reference model Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
does anyone still love their ps1000?post #1 of 2926/21/11 at 5:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2926/21/11 at 6:32pmpost #3 of 2926/21/11 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2926/21/11 at 10:21pmpost #5 of 2926/22/11 at 6:13am
GS1000 marked the end of Grado for me. The PS1000 and HF2 confirmed that Grado has nothing new to offer except for producing headphones with average sound and poor build quality.post #6 of 2926/22/11 at 6:25ampost #7 of 2926/22/11 at 6:47amQuote:
Do you believe that $500-$800 is a good price for an average headphone?post #8 of 2926/22/11 at 6:53ampost #9 of 2926/22/11 at 7:06ampost #10 of 2926/22/11 at 7:13ampost #11 of 2926/22/11 at 7:24am
A few reasons come to mind as to why PS1000 owners choose not to make our presence felt here. Fear of persecution might be one. There's so few of us could be another. Maybe we have nothing to prove and are just quietly content with what we have, even if it is regarded by many here (including those who haven't heard it) as overpriced, unfashionable, unworthy and not an orthodynamic.
Edited by bumblingbooby - 6/22/11 at 7:26ampost #12 of 2926/22/11 at 7:43am
I personally would love to get my hands on one to give them a chance. I think the closest I'm going to get will be my upcoming Jaben AluMod'ed Grado's I'm going to make when I get home with several mods as well. I don't however think I could pay what they sell for, for a pair even if they were absolutely astounding.post #13 of 2926/22/11 at 8:42ampost #14 of 2926/22/11 at 8:51ampost #15 of 2926/22/11 at 12:22pmQuote:
No, it doesn't matter.
Your point is IYO. You have no proof that they are overpriced or if that is the reason few people buy them.
- does anyone still love their ps1000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex TH-900 W/ Lawton Dampening *Final Price Drop* 1 minute ago
- › Transparent 20 foot pr. Music Wave+ BiCables speaker cable 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...