it seems they are no longer liked very much. i remember when they were like the ultimate fotm. people could not wait to get them. i wonder what happened to zanth. if you are around zanth, do you still love them? i still love mine. for more reasons then the sound even. i am proud of what grado has done as a small american company. my current pair have maybe tens of thousands of hours on them and have had no porblems. please, no bashing them here! i just want to know if anyone still really digs them. oh, and i'd like to hear from anyone that has a lot of posts. obviously someone that went from sr80's probably thinks they are great but what do the rest of you think? again, please do not bash them in this thread!
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- electrostats or a reference model Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/20/13 at 5:59am in High-end Audio Forum
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
does anyone still love their ps1000?post #1 of 2876/21/11 at 5:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2876/21/11 at 6:32pmpost #3 of 2876/21/11 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2876/21/11 at 10:21pmpost #5 of 2876/22/11 at 6:13am
GS1000 marked the end of Grado for me. The PS1000 and HF2 confirmed that Grado has nothing new to offer except for producing headphones with average sound and poor build quality.post #6 of 2876/22/11 at 6:25ampost #7 of 2876/22/11 at 6:47amQuote:
Do you believe that $500-$800 is a good price for an average headphone?post #8 of 2876/22/11 at 6:53ampost #9 of 2876/22/11 at 7:06ampost #10 of 2876/22/11 at 7:13ampost #11 of 2876/22/11 at 7:24am
A few reasons come to mind as to why PS1000 owners choose not to make our presence felt here. Fear of persecution might be one. There's so few of us could be another. Maybe we have nothing to prove and are just quietly content with what we have, even if it is regarded by many here (including those who haven't heard it) as overpriced, unfashionable, unworthy and not an orthodynamic.
Edited by bumblingbooby - 6/22/11 at 7:26ampost #12 of 2876/22/11 at 7:43am
I personally would love to get my hands on one to give them a chance. I think the closest I'm going to get will be my upcoming Jaben AluMod'ed Grado's I'm going to make when I get home with several mods as well. I don't however think I could pay what they sell for, for a pair even if they were absolutely astounding.post #13 of 2876/22/11 at 8:42ampost #14 of 2876/22/11 at 8:51ampost #15 of 2876/22/11 at 12:22pmQuote:
No, it doesn't matter.
Your point is IYO. You have no proof that they are overpriced or if that is the reason few people buy them.
- does anyone still love their ps1000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › RJM Audio Sapphire Headphone Amplifier / Preamp Prototype Boards... 36 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser RS220 headphones question 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SRD7 pro 2 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › Vali vs O2 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 9 minutes ago
- › Modi + Magni for sale 9 minutes ago
- › V MODA CROSSDADE LP $70 AMAZON.COM TODAY ONLY 10 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi