it seems they are no longer liked very much. i remember when they were like the ultimate fotm. people could not wait to get them. i wonder what happened to zanth. if you are around zanth, do you still love them? i still love mine. for more reasons then the sound even. i am proud of what grado has done as a small american company. my current pair have maybe tens of thousands of hours on them and have had no porblems. please, no bashing them here! i just want to know if anyone still really digs them. oh, and i'd like to hear from anyone that has a lot of posts. obviously someone that went from sr80's probably thinks they are great but what do the rest of you think? again, please do not bash them in this thread!
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado GS1000tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado PS1000 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Cost-no-object cans Last post on 1/28/11 at 4:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Summit-Fi headphones? Last post on 8/14/13 at 11:13am in High-end Audio Forum
- electrostats or a reference model Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/13/14 at 3:20pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Comfortable headband for Grado PS1000 Last post on 9/5/11 at 12:48am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
does anyone still love their ps1000?post #1 of 2926/21/11 at 5:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2926/21/11 at 6:32pmpost #3 of 2926/21/11 at 8:43pmThread Starterpost #4 of 2926/21/11 at 10:21pmpost #5 of 2926/22/11 at 6:13am
GS1000 marked the end of Grado for me. The PS1000 and HF2 confirmed that Grado has nothing new to offer except for producing headphones with average sound and poor build quality.post #6 of 2926/22/11 at 6:25ampost #7 of 2926/22/11 at 6:47amQuote:
Do you believe that $500-$800 is a good price for an average headphone?post #8 of 2926/22/11 at 6:53ampost #9 of 2926/22/11 at 7:06ampost #10 of 2926/22/11 at 7:13ampost #11 of 2926/22/11 at 7:24am
A few reasons come to mind as to why PS1000 owners choose not to make our presence felt here. Fear of persecution might be one. There's so few of us could be another. Maybe we have nothing to prove and are just quietly content with what we have, even if it is regarded by many here (including those who haven't heard it) as overpriced, unfashionable, unworthy and not an orthodynamic.
Edited by bumblingbooby - 6/22/11 at 7:26ampost #12 of 2926/22/11 at 7:43am
I personally would love to get my hands on one to give them a chance. I think the closest I'm going to get will be my upcoming Jaben AluMod'ed Grado's I'm going to make when I get home with several mods as well. I don't however think I could pay what they sell for, for a pair even if they were absolutely astounding.post #13 of 2926/22/11 at 8:42ampost #14 of 2926/22/11 at 8:51ampost #15 of 2926/22/11 at 12:22pmQuote:
No, it doesn't matter.
Your point is IYO. You have no proof that they are overpriced or if that is the reason few people buy them.
- does anyone still love their ps1000?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › IHIFI 760 + NEW 770 (lucky pg#13) : From makers of the 812V2 / 960 2 seconds ago
- › Are the B&O H6 headphonesworth it? 49 seconds ago
- › Fiio E11 For sennhiser hd 600 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › DT 770's 250 ohm, am I missing out? (Fiio E07K + 250ohm or 80ohm) 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Portable/Battery powered amps with 1/4 inch jack 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)