Positional audio in FPS games is most important to me.
Second most important is making sure I get the best bass I can, while still getting the absolute best phones for soundwhoring online.
I have narrowed it down to these three for a few reasons, which I won't go into.
Just have a few concerns before selecting:
- I hear that the D700/D900s don't really require an external amp in addition to the soundcard (I have a Creative Sound Blaster Titanium Professional Fatal1ty with the Dolby Virtual Surround)
- I also hear that these two phones have some of the best positional audio for games
- I would like to go for the D1000s just because I think the sound quality will be better (bass especially) but ONLY if none of the positional audio is sacrificed. They also look sexier to me.
- If the D1000s need an amp to be driven, No problem! Please recommend me one (as I have no clue) -_____-
- I don't want to go up to the D2000 level, out of my budget. The D1000s for under $300 are very attractive to me though, as price is not too dissimilar from the 900s, even if the performance increase is minimal.
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!