Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550 - Page 36

post #526 of 541

Just bought a pair of these off amazon. 

Does anyone know if these will have a problem fitting smaller ears? I tend to have a problem trying to fit IEMs in my ear canal. My previous set of RE262 were barely comfortable. 

 
post #527 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by noktekniq View Post
 

Just bought a pair of these off amazon.

Does anyone know if these will have a problem fitting smaller ears? I tend to have a problem trying to fit IEMs in my ear canal. My previous set of RE262 were barely comfortable.

 

you need to buy some smaller ear buds if the supplied one's don't fit, the phones comes with 3 size.

post #528 of 541

These headphones are far better then the GR07's.

Had a few months to get use to them and compared them today. The soundstage of these is so much better it's kind of funny. They also seem more balanced. 

post #529 of 541

I am loving these IEM's. Much more fun than anything I've ever owned - and the bass is the BEST I've heard yet. I will be using these for a loooong time. 

 

And as everyone seems to be saying, sony MDR-7550's super underrated 

post #530 of 541

I think with these 7550s/EX800STs (or pretty much other hi-end IEMs in general)... instead of discovering the limits of my IEM I end up discovering the limits of my source instead.  I wonder how 7550 will sound like if connected to pro-grade source.  My source so far is an iphone4, a laptop and a kindle HD tablet.

post #531 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
 

I think with these 7550s/EX800STs (or pretty much other hi-end IEMs in general)... instead of discovering the limits of my IEM I end up discovering the limits of my source instead.  I wonder how 7550 will sound like if connected to pro-grade source.  My source so far is an iphone4, a laptop and a kindle HD tablet.

With AK100, there's definite upgrade, but not too much.

post #532 of 541

Has anyone tried other eartips that lower the mid-bass?

 

To my ears the mid-bass is a bit excessive on stock tips.  I know I can purchase Monster ear tips any time... but what are other cheaper ear tip alternatives that will slighly lower mid bass?

post #533 of 541

can someone help me compare the 7550 to the xba h3 ? is it comparable ? thanks !

post #534 of 541

As pointed out, these IEM's are ******* awesome!

I find them far better then my GR07's as the soundstage is just so much better. The bass is also really great. 

post #535 of 541

Delete.


Edited by boyang1724 - 6/10/14 at 8:52pm
post #536 of 541
Which are better? These or ex600?

I want one of these three (600, 7550, 1000), the 1000 has the most premium build, the 600 is the cheapest price wise, the 7550 seems like the middle ground.

I am leaning towards the 600 because of the price, I am wondering though because the fit seems annoying and I wonder how much better they are than my xba3?

I really want the xb90 for that huge bass and soundstage but this series has been bugging me for the longest, they interest me so much.
post #537 of 541

ex1000 has premium build indeed, but are you willing to shell out ~$500 ?

 

Sony 7550 is only $229 on BHphoto

OR you can get the bigger XBA H3 triple hybrid driver for just $20 more on amzn (for a limited time)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post

Which are better? These or ex600?

I want one of these three (600, 7550, 1000), the 1000 has the most premium build, the 600 is the cheapest price wise, the 7550 seems like the middle ground.

I am leaning towards the 600 because of the price, I am wondering though because the fit seems annoying and I wonder how much better they are than my xba3?

I really want the xb90 for that huge bass and soundstage but this series has been bugging me for the longest, they interest me so much.
post #538 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

ex1000 has premium build indeed, but are you willing to shell out ~$500 ?

Sony 7550 is only $229 on BHphoto
OR you can get the bigger XBA H3 triple hybrid driver for just $20 more on amzn (for a limited time)
I think i'll get the xb90 for now, in the future I might get the ex600.
post #539 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevms89 View Post


I think i'll get the xb90 for now, in the future I might get the ex600.

 

Base and mids quality of MDR 7550 is really worth another 2 weeks waiting for the paycheck.

post #540 of 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

Base and mids quality of MDR 7550 is really worth another 2 weeks waiting for the paycheck.
Too late lol, ordered the 90's today, I am sure I will like them a lot though, with that being said I can always try the ex600 or 7550 later on and get them.

Are the ex600 and 7550 THAT different.

Regardless my eye is still on this series for sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Quick Impression: Sony MDR-7550