Past Beyer Fan drooling here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 6/20/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11More
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D Last post on Yesterday at 7:23 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- how to upgrade Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/26/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p - Page 2post #16 of 1986/22/11 at 7:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1986/23/11 at 3:59am
Thanks for the first impressions. I am looking forward to try these. I am going to order the T70 though and I hope it will sound close to what you describe.
Have you had any chance to listen to both models or only T70p?post #18 of 1986/23/11 at 5:13ampost #19 of 1986/23/11 at 6:35amThread Starter
I guess we can all agree to disagree on some things:) I'm A OK with that. I have no desire to get into a heated debate about it. I post my negative reviews straight to the manufacturer.
I will take some pictures of the new driver platform once I get back form Axpona Show in NY this wknd.
I have not compared to the 250 version yet, but hope to have a demo pair soon.
The T5p leather pads are not cheap to say the least. $205/pair.....post #20 of 1986/23/11 at 8:47ampost #21 of 1986/23/11 at 2:05pmpost #22 of 1986/24/11 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the review, Drew!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hear the T5p, which you used a lot as a point of comparison for your review. Would you mind sharing some impressions of how the tonality of the T70p compares with the DT880 or DT990 (i.e. bass, mids, treble)?
Thanks!post #23 of 1986/26/11 at 2:43am
I am looking forward to hear your judgement on the differences between the two models.post #24 of 1986/26/11 at 5:01ampost #25 of 1986/26/11 at 9:30amQuote:
Can I ask which ones do you own Drew? :)post #26 of 1987/2/11 at 9:43am
Thanks for the review, Drew. I'm actually in the market for my first truly high end cans and the DTs were interesting to me because I love me some bass (some might even call me a basshead), but I'm pretty sensitive to HF and I literally enjoy every genre of music, from dubstep to motown to metal. I like a nice, warm, musical signature, with enough bass to rattle my teeth when I listen to dubstep but musical enough to deal with double-bass drums. From the reviews, I felt like the DTs would be a little harsh and the recessed mids put me off.
Considering I'm planning to spend around 500 on the cans alone, and I don't have any way of demo'ing them, I'm forced to base my decisions on reviews exactly like this one. That said...what's the sound signature on these like? Given what I just said, do you think it's worth me waiting for? Have I finally found my perfect set of 'phones?post #27 of 1987/5/11 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the great review. These cans sound like something right up my alley. I have the DT770s currently, and would love to hear a more premium, Tesla version of them. For someone who dreams of eventually being able to afford the T1s, the T70/70p is making me drool a little bit...post #28 of 1987/7/11 at 4:53amQuote:
Cool Drew. Looking forward to that.
Yowza!!!post #29 of 1987/7/11 at 9:22am
I was all lined up to buy the DT770 this weekend... Then I read this thread...
Gonna have to save another week or two.
Anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between the 32ohm and 250ohm?
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headphone Sightings 2 16 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 16 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 40 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 59 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › FS GoldRing DR150 BRAND NEW,SEALED 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob