Past Beyer Fan drooling here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 6/20/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11More
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D Last post on Today at 1:18 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p - Page 2post #16 of 2316/22/11 at 7:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2316/23/11 at 3:59am
Thanks for the first impressions. I am looking forward to try these. I am going to order the T70 though and I hope it will sound close to what you describe.
Have you had any chance to listen to both models or only T70p?post #18 of 2316/23/11 at 5:13ampost #19 of 2316/23/11 at 6:35amThread Starter
I guess we can all agree to disagree on some things:) I'm A OK with that. I have no desire to get into a heated debate about it. I post my negative reviews straight to the manufacturer.
I will take some pictures of the new driver platform once I get back form Axpona Show in NY this wknd.
I have not compared to the 250 version yet, but hope to have a demo pair soon.
The T5p leather pads are not cheap to say the least. $205/pair.....post #20 of 2316/23/11 at 8:47ampost #21 of 2316/23/11 at 2:05pmpost #22 of 2316/24/11 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the review, Drew!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hear the T5p, which you used a lot as a point of comparison for your review. Would you mind sharing some impressions of how the tonality of the T70p compares with the DT880 or DT990 (i.e. bass, mids, treble)?
Thanks!post #23 of 2316/26/11 at 2:43am
I am looking forward to hear your judgement on the differences between the two models.post #24 of 2316/26/11 at 5:01ampost #25 of 2316/26/11 at 9:30amQuote:
Can I ask which ones do you own Drew? :)post #26 of 2317/2/11 at 9:43am
Thanks for the review, Drew. I'm actually in the market for my first truly high end cans and the DTs were interesting to me because I love me some bass (some might even call me a basshead), but I'm pretty sensitive to HF and I literally enjoy every genre of music, from dubstep to motown to metal. I like a nice, warm, musical signature, with enough bass to rattle my teeth when I listen to dubstep but musical enough to deal with double-bass drums. From the reviews, I felt like the DTs would be a little harsh and the recessed mids put me off.
Considering I'm planning to spend around 500 on the cans alone, and I don't have any way of demo'ing them, I'm forced to base my decisions on reviews exactly like this one. That said...what's the sound signature on these like? Given what I just said, do you think it's worth me waiting for? Have I finally found my perfect set of 'phones?post #27 of 2317/5/11 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the great review. These cans sound like something right up my alley. I have the DT770s currently, and would love to hear a more premium, Tesla version of them. For someone who dreams of eventually being able to afford the T1s, the T70/70p is making me drool a little bit...post #28 of 2317/7/11 at 4:53amQuote:
Cool Drew. Looking forward to that.
Yowza!!!post #29 of 2317/7/11 at 9:22am
I was all lined up to buy the DT770 this weekend... Then I read this thread...
Gonna have to save another week or two.
Anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between the 32ohm and 250ohm?
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 9 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 14 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE6 or STAX SR-507...which to choose, and why? 36 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 56 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › K712 owners HELP MEEEE 1 minute ago
- › Download Single Hi-Res Tracks? 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2