Past Beyer Fan drooling here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 6/20/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11More
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D Last post on Today at 8:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p - Page 2post #16 of 2126/22/11 at 7:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2126/23/11 at 3:59am
Thanks for the first impressions. I am looking forward to try these. I am going to order the T70 though and I hope it will sound close to what you describe.
Have you had any chance to listen to both models or only T70p?post #18 of 2126/23/11 at 5:13ampost #19 of 2126/23/11 at 6:35amThread Starter
I guess we can all agree to disagree on some things:) I'm A OK with that. I have no desire to get into a heated debate about it. I post my negative reviews straight to the manufacturer.
I will take some pictures of the new driver platform once I get back form Axpona Show in NY this wknd.
I have not compared to the 250 version yet, but hope to have a demo pair soon.
The T5p leather pads are not cheap to say the least. $205/pair.....post #20 of 2126/23/11 at 8:47ampost #21 of 2126/23/11 at 2:05pmpost #22 of 2126/24/11 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the review, Drew!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hear the T5p, which you used a lot as a point of comparison for your review. Would you mind sharing some impressions of how the tonality of the T70p compares with the DT880 or DT990 (i.e. bass, mids, treble)?
Thanks!post #23 of 2126/26/11 at 2:43am
I am looking forward to hear your judgement on the differences between the two models.post #24 of 2126/26/11 at 5:01ampost #25 of 2126/26/11 at 9:30amQuote:
Can I ask which ones do you own Drew? :)post #26 of 2127/2/11 at 9:43am
Thanks for the review, Drew. I'm actually in the market for my first truly high end cans and the DTs were interesting to me because I love me some bass (some might even call me a basshead), but I'm pretty sensitive to HF and I literally enjoy every genre of music, from dubstep to motown to metal. I like a nice, warm, musical signature, with enough bass to rattle my teeth when I listen to dubstep but musical enough to deal with double-bass drums. From the reviews, I felt like the DTs would be a little harsh and the recessed mids put me off.
Considering I'm planning to spend around 500 on the cans alone, and I don't have any way of demo'ing them, I'm forced to base my decisions on reviews exactly like this one. That said...what's the sound signature on these like? Given what I just said, do you think it's worth me waiting for? Have I finally found my perfect set of 'phones?post #27 of 2127/5/11 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the great review. These cans sound like something right up my alley. I have the DT770s currently, and would love to hear a more premium, Tesla version of them. For someone who dreams of eventually being able to afford the T1s, the T70/70p is making me drool a little bit...post #28 of 2127/7/11 at 4:53amQuote:
Cool Drew. Looking forward to that.
Yowza!!!post #29 of 2127/7/11 at 9:22am
I was all lined up to buy the DT770 this weekend... Then I read this thread...
Gonna have to save another week or two.
Anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between the 32ohm and 250ohm?
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) just now
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 48 seconds ago
- › Consonance "Suzanne" 32-384 DSD128 Portable Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Destiny 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 6 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2