Past Beyer Fan drooling here.
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 6/20/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11More
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D Last post on 12/9/13 at 5:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 10/2/11 at 1:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- how to upgrade Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/26/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p - Page 2post #16 of 1866/22/11 at 7:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1866/23/11 at 3:59am
Thanks for the first impressions. I am looking forward to try these. I am going to order the T70 though and I hope it will sound close to what you describe.
Have you had any chance to listen to both models or only T70p?post #18 of 1866/23/11 at 5:13ampost #19 of 1866/23/11 at 6:35amThread Starter
I guess we can all agree to disagree on some things:) I'm A OK with that. I have no desire to get into a heated debate about it. I post my negative reviews straight to the manufacturer.
I will take some pictures of the new driver platform once I get back form Axpona Show in NY this wknd.
I have not compared to the 250 version yet, but hope to have a demo pair soon.
The T5p leather pads are not cheap to say the least. $205/pair.....post #20 of 1866/23/11 at 8:47ampost #21 of 1866/23/11 at 2:05pmpost #22 of 1866/24/11 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the review, Drew!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hear the T5p, which you used a lot as a point of comparison for your review. Would you mind sharing some impressions of how the tonality of the T70p compares with the DT880 or DT990 (i.e. bass, mids, treble)?
Thanks!post #23 of 1866/26/11 at 2:43am
I am looking forward to hear your judgement on the differences between the two models.post #24 of 1866/26/11 at 5:01ampost #25 of 1866/26/11 at 9:30amQuote:
Can I ask which ones do you own Drew? :)post #26 of 1867/2/11 at 9:43am
Thanks for the review, Drew. I'm actually in the market for my first truly high end cans and the DTs were interesting to me because I love me some bass (some might even call me a basshead), but I'm pretty sensitive to HF and I literally enjoy every genre of music, from dubstep to motown to metal. I like a nice, warm, musical signature, with enough bass to rattle my teeth when I listen to dubstep but musical enough to deal with double-bass drums. From the reviews, I felt like the DTs would be a little harsh and the recessed mids put me off.
Considering I'm planning to spend around 500 on the cans alone, and I don't have any way of demo'ing them, I'm forced to base my decisions on reviews exactly like this one. That said...what's the sound signature on these like? Given what I just said, do you think it's worth me waiting for? Have I finally found my perfect set of 'phones?post #27 of 1867/5/11 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the great review. These cans sound like something right up my alley. I have the DT770s currently, and would love to hear a more premium, Tesla version of them. For someone who dreams of eventually being able to afford the T1s, the T70/70p is making me drool a little bit...post #28 of 1867/7/11 at 4:53amQuote:
Cool Drew. Looking forward to that.
Yowza!!!post #29 of 1867/7/11 at 9:22am
I was all lined up to buy the DT770 this weekend... Then I read this thread...
Gonna have to save another week or two.
Anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between the 32ohm and 250ohm?
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 6 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison 20 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 37 seconds ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 2 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › AMB a20 Balanced Pre Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe