Past Beyer Fan drooling here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productbeyerdynamic T50ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T5ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic T70ptagged by System, 6/22/11
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- brandMoon Audiotagged by System, 6/20/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11More
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic T70 & T70p: Any Impressions? Last post on 7/15/11 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic T90 :D Last post on Today at 1:57 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- how to upgrade Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p - Page 2post #16 of 2126/22/11 at 7:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2126/23/11 at 3:59am
Thanks for the first impressions. I am looking forward to try these. I am going to order the T70 though and I hope it will sound close to what you describe.
Have you had any chance to listen to both models or only T70p?post #18 of 2126/23/11 at 5:13ampost #19 of 2126/23/11 at 6:35amThread Starter
I guess we can all agree to disagree on some things:) I'm A OK with that. I have no desire to get into a heated debate about it. I post my negative reviews straight to the manufacturer.
I will take some pictures of the new driver platform once I get back form Axpona Show in NY this wknd.
I have not compared to the 250 version yet, but hope to have a demo pair soon.
The T5p leather pads are not cheap to say the least. $205/pair.....post #20 of 2126/23/11 at 8:47ampost #21 of 2126/23/11 at 2:05pmpost #22 of 2126/24/11 at 1:12pm
Thanks for the review, Drew!
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to hear the T5p, which you used a lot as a point of comparison for your review. Would you mind sharing some impressions of how the tonality of the T70p compares with the DT880 or DT990 (i.e. bass, mids, treble)?
Thanks!post #23 of 2126/26/11 at 2:43am
I am looking forward to hear your judgement on the differences between the two models.post #24 of 2126/26/11 at 5:01ampost #25 of 2126/26/11 at 9:30amQuote:
Can I ask which ones do you own Drew? :)post #26 of 2127/2/11 at 9:43am
Thanks for the review, Drew. I'm actually in the market for my first truly high end cans and the DTs were interesting to me because I love me some bass (some might even call me a basshead), but I'm pretty sensitive to HF and I literally enjoy every genre of music, from dubstep to motown to metal. I like a nice, warm, musical signature, with enough bass to rattle my teeth when I listen to dubstep but musical enough to deal with double-bass drums. From the reviews, I felt like the DTs would be a little harsh and the recessed mids put me off.
Considering I'm planning to spend around 500 on the cans alone, and I don't have any way of demo'ing them, I'm forced to base my decisions on reviews exactly like this one. That said...what's the sound signature on these like? Given what I just said, do you think it's worth me waiting for? Have I finally found my perfect set of 'phones?post #27 of 2127/5/11 at 11:08pm
Thanks for the great review. These cans sound like something right up my alley. I have the DT770s currently, and would love to hear a more premium, Tesla version of them. For someone who dreams of eventually being able to afford the T1s, the T70/70p is making me drool a little bit...post #28 of 2127/7/11 at 4:53amQuote:
Cool Drew. Looking forward to that.
Yowza!!!post #29 of 2127/7/11 at 9:22am
I was all lined up to buy the DT770 this weekend... Then I read this thread...
Gonna have to save another week or two.
Anyone know if there is a difference in SQ between the 32ohm and 250ohm?
- First Impressions of the new Beyerdynamic T70p
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 9 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 56 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 2 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Questions about XB700s 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum for classical music 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)