Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headstage Arrow 12 HE 4G Last post on 4/6/13 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 9/3/14 at 4:06am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Firestone Fubar IV or Styleaudio Carat Ruby 2 or Headstage Arrow 12HE Last post on 7/18/11 at 3:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ad2000 and a portable amp Last post on 3/27/11 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
Has anyone's Arrow 4G order gone past "Oder Processing" yet? - Page 2post #16 of 308/28/11 at 8:20am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 308/28/11 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #18 of 309/27/11 at 6:43amThread Starterpost #19 of 3010/25/11 at 6:20pmThread Starterpost #20 of 3012/29/11 at 10:08amThread Starterpost #21 of 3012/29/11 at 9:10pmpost #22 of 3012/29/11 at 9:15pm
Got an email today from Robert:Quote:Hello,
you ordered the Arrow headphone amplifier...I'm sorry for all the
delay and bad communication. We are now assembling the amps and we
will ship the first batch in 2 weeks from California.
The whole production stuck because of the aluminium enclosures. They
are difficult to produce due to the small thickness and my request for
high quality. After several suppliers failed to make them correctly I
went to China to attend the production by my self and to found out the
problems. I wanted to stay max. 2 month but now I am here for 7 month
(getting a new visa every month in Hong Kong!) I had to set up the
production by my own as no supplier was able to make it according to
my requests. Unfortunately this was the most time-consuming way as
getting around in China is "challenging" and the business rules are
different. I wasn't able to tell shipping dates as many of you asked.
Even the simple things got very complicated.
I offer a voucher of $25 for every month you are waiting. For example,
if you placed your order in May you get a voucher of $200 for any new
purchase. (If you don't need two Arrow amps or the DAC cable I am sure
you will also like my upcoming designs. My next project is the "Stick
USB DAC" which I am working on for 2 years now.)
If you don't need the amp anymore just let me know. Of course, you can
test it and send it back within one month after receipt and get a
Please reply to this email if you have any questions. I will check my
emails more frequently from now on-promised!
A Happy New Year!
As frustrating as the wait has been, I'm still happy to wait until the amp arrives. I've had the XM5 to keep me interested for the last 6 months so the Arrow will be a welcome (and more pocket portable!) addition.post #23 of 3012/29/11 at 9:26pm
I ordered the XM5 about a month ago and I loved it. But the volume knob fell off after 2 days and it wouldn't go back on properly. Rather than resort to adjusting the volume sans knob I decided to return it for a refund and spring for the XM6. I shipped it back and now I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks for a refund. They're really terrible about replying to emails. I'm thinking of taking it up with PayPal if I don't hear from them soon...post #24 of 3012/29/11 at 9:44pmpost #25 of 3012/30/11 at 6:28amThread Starterpost #26 of 301/16/12 at 7:13pmpost #27 of 301/17/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
Nothing here yet on a June 6th order. But status did change from "order processing" to "Arrow 4G"
This is third week since the e-mail saying two weeks to ship. I am hoping to see an e-mail this week saying it has shipped.post #28 of 302/6/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #29 of 302/9/12 at 12:34pmpost #30 of 302/10/12 at 10:45amThread Starter
Yea I have been checking it out. I plug it into my J3. Some say without a LO it makes no sense to amp a J3, but I really like it. The sound and size work perfectly for me (it replaced the ibasso D4).
These paired with the RE 262 sound great and the details are present for me. I find all the settings are subtle but noticeable. Being that I am using the headphone out of a J3 that has a good equalizer, I tend to leave the amp neutral where the Arrow is very transparent and clean as can be yet it adds power to drive the RE 262's properly.
- Has anyone's Arrow 4G order gone past "Oder Processing" yet?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 16 seconds ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 31 seconds ago
- › Need new headphones/ How to listen to music 45 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › ath m50x or beats solo2 ? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)