Related Forum Threads
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headstage Arrow 12 HE 4G Last post on 4/6/13 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on Today at 8:04 am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Firestone Fubar IV or Styleaudio Carat Ruby 2 or Headstage Arrow 12HE Last post on 7/18/11 at 3:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ad2000 and a portable amp Last post on 3/27/11 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
Has anyone's Arrow 4G order gone past "Oder Processing" yet? - Page 2post #16 of 308/28/11 at 8:20am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 308/28/11 at 5:18pmThread Starterpost #18 of 309/27/11 at 6:43amThread Starterpost #19 of 3010/25/11 at 6:20pmThread Starterpost #20 of 3012/29/11 at 10:08amThread Starterpost #21 of 3012/29/11 at 9:10pmpost #22 of 3012/29/11 at 9:15pm
Got an email today from Robert:Quote:Hello,
you ordered the Arrow headphone amplifier...I'm sorry for all the
delay and bad communication. We are now assembling the amps and we
will ship the first batch in 2 weeks from California.
The whole production stuck because of the aluminium enclosures. They
are difficult to produce due to the small thickness and my request for
high quality. After several suppliers failed to make them correctly I
went to China to attend the production by my self and to found out the
problems. I wanted to stay max. 2 month but now I am here for 7 month
(getting a new visa every month in Hong Kong!) I had to set up the
production by my own as no supplier was able to make it according to
my requests. Unfortunately this was the most time-consuming way as
getting around in China is "challenging" and the business rules are
different. I wasn't able to tell shipping dates as many of you asked.
Even the simple things got very complicated.
I offer a voucher of $25 for every month you are waiting. For example,
if you placed your order in May you get a voucher of $200 for any new
purchase. (If you don't need two Arrow amps or the DAC cable I am sure
you will also like my upcoming designs. My next project is the "Stick
USB DAC" which I am working on for 2 years now.)
If you don't need the amp anymore just let me know. Of course, you can
test it and send it back within one month after receipt and get a
Please reply to this email if you have any questions. I will check my
emails more frequently from now on-promised!
A Happy New Year!
As frustrating as the wait has been, I'm still happy to wait until the amp arrives. I've had the XM5 to keep me interested for the last 6 months so the Arrow will be a welcome (and more pocket portable!) addition.post #23 of 3012/29/11 at 9:26pm
I ordered the XM5 about a month ago and I loved it. But the volume knob fell off after 2 days and it wouldn't go back on properly. Rather than resort to adjusting the volume sans knob I decided to return it for a refund and spring for the XM6. I shipped it back and now I've been waiting nearly 3 weeks for a refund. They're really terrible about replying to emails. I'm thinking of taking it up with PayPal if I don't hear from them soon...post #24 of 3012/29/11 at 9:44pmpost #25 of 3012/30/11 at 6:28amThread Starterpost #26 of 301/16/12 at 7:13pmpost #27 of 301/17/12 at 6:56amThread Starter
Nothing here yet on a June 6th order. But status did change from "order processing" to "Arrow 4G"
This is third week since the e-mail saying two weeks to ship. I am hoping to see an e-mail this week saying it has shipped.post #28 of 302/6/12 at 6:01pmThread Starterpost #29 of 302/9/12 at 12:34pmpost #30 of 302/10/12 at 10:45amThread Starter
Yea I have been checking it out. I plug it into my J3. Some say without a LO it makes no sense to amp a J3, but I really like it. The sound and size work perfectly for me (it replaced the ibasso D4).
These paired with the RE 262 sound great and the details are present for me. I find all the settings are subtle but noticeable. Being that I am using the headphone out of a J3 that has a good equalizer, I tend to leave the amp neutral where the Arrow is very transparent and clean as can be yet it adds power to drive the RE 262's properly.
- Has anyone's Arrow 4G order gone past "Oder Processing" yet?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 11 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 12 seconds ago
- › sharing worst experience in audio-gd! Be careful everyone.. 21 seconds ago
- › LCD-2 Bamboo - New! 1 minute ago
- › Best albums of 2013! A different take on this! 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › Do you think audiophiles have a much deeper appreciation of music... 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Future Sonics MG6PRO 6 minutes ago
- › If you had $5000 to spend on a DAC what would you buy? 8 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe