I recently stepped on and broke the cord on my Audio Technica ATH M50, and instead of repairing it I decided to make a change. I had the ATH M50 for about a year, and these are the primary things I would like to improve on with my next cans. My budget is no more than $120 USD. Also, ill be driving these headphones with a Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium - 192 Khz.
1. More bass. I listen to a lot of dubstep, hip hop, rock, and metal. The M50 was barely acceptable, and id like this to be the biggest improvement. However, I would not settle on a muddy sound for amazing bass.
2. Coiled or replaceable cord.
3. 50MM drivers.
Now for the things I cannot stand in headphones:
1. A cord coming out of both drivers.
2. Cheap plastic. Durability is important to me.
3. Tightness. I like to have a little bit of breathing room.
You guys helped me find the ATH M50s and I hope you can lead me in the right direction once again. Thanks all!