As above , do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Delivery times, BHSE, Cavalli LL Mk2, EC Electra, Woo WES and "customer service". Last post on 7/13/14 at 7:06pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Best used amp for STAX 009s - SRM-006t vs SRM-323s Last post on 5/11/14 at 7:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Margin of diminishing returns?? Do $200 headphones sound "the same" as >$500, or... Last post on 5/21/14 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Survey - how much money would you pay for a headphone setup that is guaranteed to be the best out... Last post on 4/21/14 at 3:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009,boxed MINT Condition..USA Only Last post on 4/16/14 at 4:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/14/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
SR009: need to burn in?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even if you believe in cable burn in the answer is still no.
My HE90s did benefit from about a 100 hrs of burn-in. I can't speak to the SR-009s from personal experience since my pre-order is still pending delivery. But unless there is a wireless version, I would expect some from a silver coated 6N OFC cable, more, in fact than the previous pure copper version.
From the Master, no less. and absolutely true. I could see some very stiff speakers - pleated surrounds for instance - needing a little use to loosen up. Possibly. Anything else, including tubes, caps, resistors, wire, headphones, speakers - how could anyone ever believe that pseudoscience? I'll leave all that to the crowd who claim they can hear jitter.
All such talk should be segregated to a separate forum area where the rest of us never have to run into it. Please.
Yeah, really relevant analogy comparing a mechanical instrument to a cable.
my cat could jump higher after 3 years of life - proof that the cat burned in ==> cables burn in too
Oryginal question was: “do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?”
Your answer is: Stax headphone is a cable, so not need.
Well, what to say…Have you ever heard about such thing like diaphragm, driver or coil? There are strings and chassis in grand piano, and diaphragm with moving coil in headphone. Both are mechanical-acoustic elements, and both need to be “burn in”.
- SR009: need to burn in?
- › iPod "Video" 5th Gen Mod 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › Nooby here needing help. ATH M50's, DAC and Mixer questions.. 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › best one for hd 800? 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)