As above , do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?
Related Forum Threads
- Brand new STAX SR-009 [Price Drop] Last post on 6/5/13 at 7:29am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- STAX SR-009 - Mint Condition Last post on 5/10/13 at 12:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE Last post on 4/30/13 at 7:45am in High-end Audio Forum
- SR-009's and the BHA-1 Last post on 4/22/13 at 7:38am in High-end Audio Forum
- Looking for Stax SR-009 in Northern California Last post on 5/17/13 at 12:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
SR009: need to burn in?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even if you believe in cable burn in the answer is still no.
My HE90s did benefit from about a 100 hrs of burn-in. I can't speak to the SR-009s from personal experience since my pre-order is still pending delivery. But unless there is a wireless version, I would expect some from a silver coated 6N OFC cable, more, in fact than the previous pure copper version.
From the Master, no less. and absolutely true. I could see some very stiff speakers - pleated surrounds for instance - needing a little use to loosen up. Possibly. Anything else, including tubes, caps, resistors, wire, headphones, speakers - how could anyone ever believe that pseudoscience? I'll leave all that to the crowd who claim they can hear jitter.
All such talk should be segregated to a separate forum area where the rest of us never have to run into it. Please.
Yeah, really relevant analogy comparing a mechanical instrument to a cable.
my cat could jump higher after 3 years of life - proof that the cat burned in ==> cables burn in too
Oryginal question was: “do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?”
Your answer is: Stax headphone is a cable, so not need.
Well, what to say…Have you ever heard about such thing like diaphragm, driver or coil? There are strings and chassis in grand piano, and diaphragm with moving coil in headphone. Both are mechanical-acoustic elements, and both need to be “burn in”.
- SR009: need to burn in?
- › Montreal GT meet 7 seconds ago
- › Album art game 13 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 2 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › Official Los Angeles Regional Summer Meet - Saturday, July 20, 2013... 2 minutes ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe