As above , do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
SR009: need to burn in?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even if you believe in cable burn in the answer is still no.
My HE90s did benefit from about a 100 hrs of burn-in. I can't speak to the SR-009s from personal experience since my pre-order is still pending delivery. But unless there is a wireless version, I would expect some from a silver coated 6N OFC cable, more, in fact than the previous pure copper version.
From the Master, no less. and absolutely true. I could see some very stiff speakers - pleated surrounds for instance - needing a little use to loosen up. Possibly. Anything else, including tubes, caps, resistors, wire, headphones, speakers - how could anyone ever believe that pseudoscience? I'll leave all that to the crowd who claim they can hear jitter.
All such talk should be segregated to a separate forum area where the rest of us never have to run into it. Please.
Yeah, really relevant analogy comparing a mechanical instrument to a cable.
my cat could jump higher after 3 years of life - proof that the cat burned in ==> cables burn in too
Oryginal question was: “do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?”
Your answer is: Stax headphone is a cable, so not need.
Well, what to say…Have you ever heard about such thing like diaphragm, driver or coil? There are strings and chassis in grand piano, and diaphragm with moving coil in headphone. Both are mechanical-acoustic elements, and both need to be “burn in”.
- SR009: need to burn in?
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 58 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 or Beyerdynamic dt880?($200ish open back decision) 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2