As above , do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 3/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Stax protection Last post on 2/5/15 at 5:04am in High-end Audio Forum
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009 Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax 009: Advice on Buying used Last post on 11/15/14 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
SR009: need to burn in?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even if you believe in cable burn in the answer is still no.
My HE90s did benefit from about a 100 hrs of burn-in. I can't speak to the SR-009s from personal experience since my pre-order is still pending delivery. But unless there is a wireless version, I would expect some from a silver coated 6N OFC cable, more, in fact than the previous pure copper version.
From the Master, no less. and absolutely true. I could see some very stiff speakers - pleated surrounds for instance - needing a little use to loosen up. Possibly. Anything else, including tubes, caps, resistors, wire, headphones, speakers - how could anyone ever believe that pseudoscience? I'll leave all that to the crowd who claim they can hear jitter.
All such talk should be segregated to a separate forum area where the rest of us never have to run into it. Please.
Yeah, really relevant analogy comparing a mechanical instrument to a cable.
my cat could jump higher after 3 years of life - proof that the cat burned in ==> cables burn in too
Oryginal question was: “do all stax headphones including the sr009 need to burn in?”
Your answer is: Stax headphone is a cable, so not need.
Well, what to say…Have you ever heard about such thing like diaphragm, driver or coil? There are strings and chassis in grand piano, and diaphragm with moving coil in headphone. Both are mechanical-acoustic elements, and both need to be “burn in”.
- SR009: need to burn in?
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 21 seconds ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 59 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › in-ear headphones--help deciding among these 4 (music likes and... 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone amp to pair with the Sennheiser HD 600 2 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2