Now all had been discovered! Wolfson will stop the production of WM8805, we plan to change to WM8804 after Sep. anyway, 8805 is a good digital receiver and I agree with you that DIY'er can modify our D3 and connect to their DAC with the IIS output.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you use an amp w/phone and headphone mic Last post on 7/18/12 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question re: full sized AV receiver and headphone amplification Last post on 7/10/12 at 8:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Not enought sound volume and power on Denon D2000? Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio D3 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hello Mr. feiao,
I must congratulate your company for producing quality products at low cost... At first I thought you were using the mux capability of the wm8805, but you are using the chip in hardware mode, so the 8804 will be equally good for your application.
May I suggest you add through hole vias for the I2S lines for us DIYers? :-)
unless it is a hybrid output (like all newer Macbooks) that can output 3.5mm analog and mini-toslink digital optical (switches automatically when a mini-toslink is inserted) then no.
The D3 only works with digital spdif (coax) or spdif (optical)...
The D5 will have a USB in which you can use to get digital out via USB. But it's not yet released....
After listening to the D3 now for a few days in the office with this setup:
MacBookPro (Audirvana, FLAC and ALAC files) via optical out -> Fiio D3 -> Schiit Valhalla -> Ultrasone Pro750, Superlux HD668B, HD660
I must say: The D3 is an amazing DAC, clean, no noise, neutral, detailed, I have NO single complaint or even gripe. It's flawless.
Yes, you can use the USB slot to power the D3.
Nice to know.
I got mine the other day but then I realized I only have the apple 3.5 mm optical cable, so now I have to wait for a regular to come in so I can try it with my setup.
I did listen to it through my macbook and I'll say that it sounded good for the 20 minutes I spent on it.
It sounds clean, a little bit on the digital sound (no fluff or thump), but nice and clean.
I hate to even say that because it might sound different to me next time being that I didn't spend much time with it.
Hopefully I'll have better impressions by next week (hopefully I can stop putting in so many hours at work and head over to a best buy or radio shack before they close).
looks like I didn't plan this out right.
My TV will only output 5.1 through the toslink
so I can't use my D3 on it
I was going to give it a shot through the apple tv but I ended up watching TV with my gf all night
I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
You can try to set the output format to PCM in your TV, as I know , all digital output source can be set to stereo audio output. just check the setup menu of your TV
Does the D3 come with a wall adapter for AC->DC USB power? I would like to use this with my Apple TV and won't have a computer nearby for power.
- Fiio D3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 18 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Dolphins 6 minutes ago
- › David Chesky Wins International HiFi Press Award for Best... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2