Now all had been discovered! Wolfson will stop the production of WM8805, we plan to change to WM8804 after Sep. anyway, 8805 is a good digital receiver and I agree with you that DIY'er can modify our D3 and connect to their DAC with the IIS output.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you use an amp w/phone and headphone mic Last post on 7/18/12 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question re: full sized AV receiver and headphone amplification Last post on 7/10/12 at 8:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Not enought sound volume and power on Denon D2000? Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio D3 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hello Mr. feiao,
I must congratulate your company for producing quality products at low cost... At first I thought you were using the mux capability of the wm8805, but you are using the chip in hardware mode, so the 8804 will be equally good for your application.
May I suggest you add through hole vias for the I2S lines for us DIYers? :-)
unless it is a hybrid output (like all newer Macbooks) that can output 3.5mm analog and mini-toslink digital optical (switches automatically when a mini-toslink is inserted) then no.
The D3 only works with digital spdif (coax) or spdif (optical)...
The D5 will have a USB in which you can use to get digital out via USB. But it's not yet released....
After listening to the D3 now for a few days in the office with this setup:
MacBookPro (Audirvana, FLAC and ALAC files) via optical out -> Fiio D3 -> Schiit Valhalla -> Ultrasone Pro750, Superlux HD668B, HD660
I must say: The D3 is an amazing DAC, clean, no noise, neutral, detailed, I have NO single complaint or even gripe. It's flawless.
Yes, you can use the USB slot to power the D3.
Nice to know.
I got mine the other day but then I realized I only have the apple 3.5 mm optical cable, so now I have to wait for a regular to come in so I can try it with my setup.
I did listen to it through my macbook and I'll say that it sounded good for the 20 minutes I spent on it.
It sounds clean, a little bit on the digital sound (no fluff or thump), but nice and clean.
I hate to even say that because it might sound different to me next time being that I didn't spend much time with it.
Hopefully I'll have better impressions by next week (hopefully I can stop putting in so many hours at work and head over to a best buy or radio shack before they close).
looks like I didn't plan this out right.
My TV will only output 5.1 through the toslink
so I can't use my D3 on it
I was going to give it a shot through the apple tv but I ended up watching TV with my gf all night
I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
You can try to set the output format to PCM in your TV, as I know , all digital output source can be set to stereo audio output. just check the setup menu of your TV
Does the D3 come with a wall adapter for AC->DC USB power? I would like to use this with my Apple TV and won't have a computer nearby for power.
- Fiio D3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Finally NEW headphone from Beyerdynamic!!! DT-1770 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 5 minutes ago
- › New to the HiFi world. Help with DAC/Amp for desktop speakers 5 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2