Now all had been discovered! Wolfson will stop the production of WM8805, we plan to change to WM8804 after Sep. anyway, 8805 is a good digital receiver and I agree with you that DIY'er can modify our D3 and connect to their DAC with the IIS output.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you use an amp w/phone and headphone mic Last post on 7/18/12 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question re: full sized AV receiver and headphone amplification Last post on 7/10/12 at 8:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Not enought sound volume and power on Denon D2000? Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Fiio D3 - Page 2post #16 of 1896/25/11 at 3:11am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1896/25/11 at 8:26am
Hello Mr. feiao,
I must congratulate your company for producing quality products at low cost... At first I thought you were using the mux capability of the wm8805, but you are using the chip in hardware mode, so the 8804 will be equally good for your application.
May I suggest you add through hole vias for the I2S lines for us DIYers? :-)post #18 of 1896/28/11 at 12:37ampost #19 of 1896/28/11 at 1:51ampost #20 of 1896/28/11 at 2:02am
unless it is a hybrid output (like all newer Macbooks) that can output 3.5mm analog and mini-toslink digital optical (switches automatically when a mini-toslink is inserted) then no.
The D3 only works with digital spdif (coax) or spdif (optical)...
The D5 will have a USB in which you can use to get digital out via USB. But it's not yet released....post #21 of 1896/28/11 at 4:11am
After listening to the D3 now for a few days in the office with this setup:
MacBookPro (Audirvana, FLAC and ALAC files) via optical out -> Fiio D3 -> Schiit Valhalla -> Ultrasone Pro750, Superlux HD668B, HD660
I must say: The D3 is an amazing DAC, clean, no noise, neutral, detailed, I have NO single complaint or even gripe. It's flawless.post #22 of 1896/28/11 at 5:43pmpost #23 of 1896/28/11 at 8:40pmQuote:
Yes, you can use the USB slot to power the D3.post #24 of 1896/29/11 at 6:51pmThread Starter
Nice to know.
I got mine the other day but then I realized I only have the apple 3.5 mm optical cable, so now I have to wait for a regular to come in so I can try it with my setup.
I did listen to it through my macbook and I'll say that it sounded good for the 20 minutes I spent on it.
It sounds clean, a little bit on the digital sound (no fluff or thump), but nice and clean.
I hate to even say that because it might sound different to me next time being that I didn't spend much time with it.
Hopefully I'll have better impressions by next week (hopefully I can stop putting in so many hours at work and head over to a best buy or radio shack before they close).post #25 of 1896/30/11 at 2:54ampost #26 of 1896/30/11 at 4:54ampost #27 of 1896/30/11 at 8:40pmpost #28 of 1897/5/11 at 9:55pmThread Starter
looks like I didn't plan this out right.
My TV will only output 5.1 through the toslink
so I can't use my D3 on it
I was going to give it a shot through the apple tv but I ended up watching TV with my gf all night
I guess I'll try again tomorrow.post #29 of 1897/6/11 at 7:57am
You can try to set the output format to PCM in your TV, as I know , all digital output source can be set to stereo audio output. just check the setup menu of your TVpost #30 of 1897/24/11 at 12:19am
Does the D3 come with a wall adapter for AC->DC USB power? I would like to use this with my Apple TV and won't have a computer nearby for power.
- Fiio D3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Kitchen Designer London 6 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 13 seconds ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 14 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX 90 18 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions and Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Kitchens For Sa le UK 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob