Now all had been discovered! Wolfson will stop the production of WM8805, we plan to change to WM8804 after Sep. anyway, 8805 is a good digital receiver and I agree with you that DIY'er can modify our D3 and connect to their DAC with the IIS output.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you use an amp w/phone and headphone mic Last post on 7/18/12 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question re: full sized AV receiver and headphone amplification Last post on 7/10/12 at 8:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Not enought sound volume and power on Denon D2000? Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio D3 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hello Mr. feiao,
I must congratulate your company for producing quality products at low cost... At first I thought you were using the mux capability of the wm8805, but you are using the chip in hardware mode, so the 8804 will be equally good for your application.
May I suggest you add through hole vias for the I2S lines for us DIYers? :-)
unless it is a hybrid output (like all newer Macbooks) that can output 3.5mm analog and mini-toslink digital optical (switches automatically when a mini-toslink is inserted) then no.
The D3 only works with digital spdif (coax) or spdif (optical)...
The D5 will have a USB in which you can use to get digital out via USB. But it's not yet released....
After listening to the D3 now for a few days in the office with this setup:
MacBookPro (Audirvana, FLAC and ALAC files) via optical out -> Fiio D3 -> Schiit Valhalla -> Ultrasone Pro750, Superlux HD668B, HD660
I must say: The D3 is an amazing DAC, clean, no noise, neutral, detailed, I have NO single complaint or even gripe. It's flawless.
Yes, you can use the USB slot to power the D3.
Nice to know.
I got mine the other day but then I realized I only have the apple 3.5 mm optical cable, so now I have to wait for a regular to come in so I can try it with my setup.
I did listen to it through my macbook and I'll say that it sounded good for the 20 minutes I spent on it.
It sounds clean, a little bit on the digital sound (no fluff or thump), but nice and clean.
I hate to even say that because it might sound different to me next time being that I didn't spend much time with it.
Hopefully I'll have better impressions by next week (hopefully I can stop putting in so many hours at work and head over to a best buy or radio shack before they close).
looks like I didn't plan this out right.
My TV will only output 5.1 through the toslink
so I can't use my D3 on it
I was going to give it a shot through the apple tv but I ended up watching TV with my gf all night
I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
You can try to set the output format to PCM in your TV, as I know , all digital output source can be set to stereo audio output. just check the setup menu of your TV
Does the D3 come with a wall adapter for AC->DC USB power? I would like to use this with my Apple TV and won't have a computer nearby for power.
- Fiio D3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › How to burn in an headphone correctly and how can i test it ? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations headphone for open office ? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 7 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 10 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3