Now all had been discovered! Wolfson will stop the production of WM8805, we plan to change to WM8804 after Sep. anyway, 8805 is a good digital receiver and I agree with you that DIY'er can modify our D3 and connect to their DAC with the IIS output.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Is The Best FiiO Amp? ($50-$100) Last post on 9/2/12 at 10:40am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Can you use an amp w/phone and headphone mic Last post on 7/18/12 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO needs to make a unit that is basically a flac player strapped to an e17 Last post on 7/21/12 at 9:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Question re: full sized AV receiver and headphone amplification Last post on 7/10/12 at 8:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Not enought sound volume and power on Denon D2000? Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Headphone Impedance
Fiio D3 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hello Mr. feiao,
I must congratulate your company for producing quality products at low cost... At first I thought you were using the mux capability of the wm8805, but you are using the chip in hardware mode, so the 8804 will be equally good for your application.
May I suggest you add through hole vias for the I2S lines for us DIYers? :-)
unless it is a hybrid output (like all newer Macbooks) that can output 3.5mm analog and mini-toslink digital optical (switches automatically when a mini-toslink is inserted) then no.
The D3 only works with digital spdif (coax) or spdif (optical)...
The D5 will have a USB in which you can use to get digital out via USB. But it's not yet released....
After listening to the D3 now for a few days in the office with this setup:
MacBookPro (Audirvana, FLAC and ALAC files) via optical out -> Fiio D3 -> Schiit Valhalla -> Ultrasone Pro750, Superlux HD668B, HD660
I must say: The D3 is an amazing DAC, clean, no noise, neutral, detailed, I have NO single complaint or even gripe. It's flawless.
Yes, you can use the USB slot to power the D3.
Nice to know.
I got mine the other day but then I realized I only have the apple 3.5 mm optical cable, so now I have to wait for a regular to come in so I can try it with my setup.
I did listen to it through my macbook and I'll say that it sounded good for the 20 minutes I spent on it.
It sounds clean, a little bit on the digital sound (no fluff or thump), but nice and clean.
I hate to even say that because it might sound different to me next time being that I didn't spend much time with it.
Hopefully I'll have better impressions by next week (hopefully I can stop putting in so many hours at work and head over to a best buy or radio shack before they close).
looks like I didn't plan this out right.
My TV will only output 5.1 through the toslink
so I can't use my D3 on it
I was going to give it a shot through the apple tv but I ended up watching TV with my gf all night
I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
You can try to set the output format to PCM in your TV, as I know , all digital output source can be set to stereo audio output. just check the setup menu of your TV
Does the D3 come with a wall adapter for AC->DC USB power? I would like to use this with my Apple TV and won't have a computer nearby for power.
- Fiio D3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 seconds ago
- › Best Headphone for classical and jazz music, budget of $800. 8 seconds ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 10 seconds ago
- › How loud should bass be on headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › i'm looking for an IEM with warm and fun sound and a comfortable... 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony D-25 Refurbishment with Service Manual! 5 minutes ago
- › Indexes don't refresh, some threads keep refreshing 6 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)