Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Basshead's buyers guide!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead's buyers guide! - Page 5  

post #61 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

EQ works far better on the Ultrasone HFI 580 than the M50. I also don't consider the Shure monitors to be basshead cans either. EQing them won't do any good. The monitors do their job well but just doesn't hit in the low end like the HFI 580 through my Cowon.


yes this is true! the reason the m50 sits above the HFI-580 in my guide is price.
post #62 of 177

nice one.

 

skrillex got chopped up on the new shiz

 

post #63 of 177

by the way i am not listening to any of this on my m50's.  

post #64 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-phect View Post

by the way i am not listening to any of this on my m50's.  


you realize i OWN all the headphones i reviewed? not just the m50s?
post #65 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennheiserHD View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

EQ works far better on the Ultrasone HFI 580 than the M50. I also don't consider the Shure monitors to be basshead cans either. EQing them won't do any good. The monitors do their job well but just doesn't hit in the low end like the HFI 580 through my Cowon.




yes this is true! the reason the m50 sits above the HFI-580 in my guide is price.


If you're a basshead, you need to get a Cowon sir!

 

post #66 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennheiserHD View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by n-phect View Post

by the way i am not listening to any of this on my m50's.  




you realize i OWN all the headphones i reviewed? not just the m50s?


yes lol.  i was trolling

post #67 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-phect View Post





yes lol.  i was trolling


oh lol i got owned.
post #68 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post





that sure sound very portable. and the X/00 arent that bad, remmeber they cost like 70$. HD25 and or MS1 has enough bass for me. but when I was a basshead, I sure enjoyed the XB700 and the RP15 was my first on the go option


you are so lucky, i want the hd25 badly
post #69 of 177

there is one thing about the m50's that i cannot say about other headphones i own.  I have never been dissatisfied ever listening to them. Every other headphone i have owned, there was a certain song or EQ that didn't sound good on them.  But ive also never been "blown away" by the m50's.  They are always consistently good, yet never fall out of my chair great. i think that says a lot.


Edited by n-phect - 6/17/11 at 12:15pm
post #70 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-phect View Post

there is one thing about the m50's that i cannot say about other headphones i own.  I have never been dissatisfied ever listening to them. Every other headphone i have owned, there was a certain song or EQ that didn't sound good on them.  But ive also never been "blown away" by the m50's.  They are always consistently good, yet never fall out of my chair great. i think that says a lot.


i'm not claiming they are the greatest headphone ever lol. i;m simply saying that strictly on a performance per dollar measure of worth, the m50s are damn near impossible to beat.
post #71 of 177

I thought M50 lacked in bass response (from a basshead's point of view) and soundstage but everything else was great about it for the price. BTW guys you should check this device out rather than arguing about which headphone is best:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/558850/digizoid-zo-personal-subwoofer-review-the-missing-link-to-audio-nirvana

http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/06/digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer-review/

 

^^


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/17/11 at 1:16pm
post #72 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by crinacle View Post

I have to respectfully disagree with the M50's bass. It's quantity is hardly qualified as "basshead material".



Once I saw the title of this thread, I had to read it. Once I saw the M50 and HD448 on the list, I had to comment...

 

They are a worthy listen and great headphones, but seriously not basshead worthy, neither are the HD448. I just feel like this thread could easily mislead a noob in search of a high quality, basshead pair of headphones. The M50's are a great pair to use as a benchmark, because listeners can say "Oh, I want more of this, less of that, etc" and can easily get recommendations due to the number of people that have tried them out. The only problem I have is how you crown the M50 champion of the basshead 'phones you've listened to. I just can't wrap my head around how you got to that conclusion...

 

EDIT: I agree with the post above me though. I was one of the first members here to get the ZO, and it's gaining popularity here on a very rapid pace. This amp can make any decent headphone's bass stand out like none other. I only wish I had it when I had my M50's, who knows, I may have kept them. When I pair the ZO with my Crossfades, the amount of bass I can pump out of those puppies is glorious.


Edited by slapshot30 - 6/17/11 at 1:59pm
post #73 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-phect View Post




 

 

This track had katy perry which i love with her sugar pop tracks, and was destroyed by noisia, one of the best of the bus. in drum n bass (if you don't know already).  Plugging my dt770/80 in for the first time and cranking it, i think i had a otherworldly experience.  Hands down one of the best music experiences ive had. :D  I had to stop listening for about 5 minutes because i had such a "wow" factor.  



Lol, I'll put it in my favorites for whenever I get to try a dt770/80 then.

 

post #74 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot30 View Post

EDIT: I agree with the post above me though. I was one of the first members here to get the ZO, and it's gaining popularity here on a very rapid pace. This amp can make any decent headphone's bass stand out like none other. I only wish I had it when I had my M50's, who knows, I may have kept them. When I pair the ZO with my Crossfades, the amount of bass I can pump out of those puppies is glorious.


Imagine ZO + XB500, on higher level settings it's like you'd feel the cushions jumping around on your head as the air tries to escape beneath it tickling your head/ears. Already at 1/4 of max I get roughly the same amount bass as I find optimal using my hardware EQ setting. This thing can probably make bass neutral headphones to be very bassheavy, it's probably the device with the strongest bass boost functionality as well as the best working.

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 6/17/11 at 3:12pm
post #75 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post




Imagine ZO + XB500, on higher level settings it's like you'd feel the cushions jumping around on your head as the air tries to escape beneath it tickling your head/ears. Already at 1/4 of max I get roughly the same amount bass as I find optimal using my hardware EQ setting. This thing can probably make bass neutral headphones to be very bassheavy.

 


Haha I can not even imagine using the ZO with some XB500's, talk about an intense head massage. That would be very interesting if it could change neutral headphones like that though. It could open up new doors for listeners. Not sure what person here we could have try it out though, I don't know what neutral listener is going to want to try something with "portable subwoofer" in it's title tongue.gif.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Basshead's buyers guide!