Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Basshead's buyers guide!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Basshead's buyers guide! - Page 9  

post #121 of 177

So XB1000, Pro 900, D5000, D7000, LCD-2, etc, those are all cans that can't be considered as having a somewhat emphasized bass? Yes, the OP wrote a guide based on his experience with the headphones he had, which is why the title of the thread should reflect that exact same thing, not a generalized "basshead guide", that excludes the best headphones available for such target listeners.

 

EDIT: Or if for some odd reason the OP doesn't want to clearly state that it's his guide, then at least it should be something like "The Basshead's buyers guide for sub-$200 headphones", stating where the guide is going at.


Edited by Roller - 6/18/11 at 1:21pm
post #122 of 177

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post

So XB1000, Pro 900, D5000, D7000, LCD-2, etc, those are all cans that can't be considered as having a somewhat emphasized bass? Yes, the OP wrote a guide based on his experience with the headphones he had, which is why the title of the thread should reflect that exact same thing, not a generalized "basshead guide", that excludes the best headphones available for such target listeners.



In the first paragraph, he states that he is only comparing headphones of the $200 price bracket.

post #123 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post


In the first paragraph, he states that he is only comparing headphones of the $200 price bracket.



Yes, in the first paragraph, in the guide that's already open, not the title that's the first thing anyone can see.

post #124 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





Yes, in the first paragraph, in the guide that's already open, not the title that's the first thing anyone can see.


ok =)

 

post #125 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

ok =)


I'm just saying this because there are still people that think bassheads have no right or are less than listeners who prefer bright or neutral sound, and a generalized title regarding bassheads does nothing positive about that. That's all wink.gif

post #126 of 177

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post
Just like what Mad Lust Envy did for gaming oriented headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-cz-s-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone


Thanks for the recommended reading!  I never checked it out since I have no interest in gaming with headphones, but it's a surprisingly good read.

post #127 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





I'm just saying this because there are still people that think bassheads have no right or are less than listeners who prefer bright or neutral sound, and a generalized title regarding bassheads does nothing positive about that. That's all " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink.gif">wink.gif


thanks for the free bump
post #128 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennheiserHD View Post


thanks for the free bump


Grow up and change the title, instead of just sputtering "thanks for the free bump"

post #129 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post



I'm just saying this because there are still people that think bassheads have no right or are less than listeners who prefer bright or neutral sound, and a generalized title regarding bassheads does nothing positive about that. That's all wink.gif


 

There's nothing wrong with being a basshead! I'd be more concerned if you're a treblehead, but don't tell anyone I said that.

post #130 of 177

The title of the thread is going to get a lot of attention and feedback.

The Basshead's buyers guide!

It's good that it's getting attention. This could become a great reference thread for bassheads.

If the title were "My opinion on my current headphones" you would get different responses.

 

It would be great that if instead of trying to say that headphones on that list are not basshead phones, that you include the ones you think are missing, along with your impressions.

 

I would like to reiterate my love for the Denon D1100s, and would like to hear from some other Denon fans who can compare with other headphones (I can't).

 

Also, great youtube links for dusbtep. I usually hate skrillex tunes but that monster and sprites tune is pretty decent.

 

For some good sub-bass, try this one

 

 

 

Sounds bangin on the D1100s.

 

post #131 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post


 

There's nothing wrong with being a basshead! I'd be more concerned if you're a treblehead, but don't tell anyone I said that.



Lol. Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a basshead, a neutralhead or a treblehead, as long as the present and future of the headphone world isn't affected by some mad headphone wielding fellow that decides to erase the other ___heads from existence, through machinations that end up changing what new headphones sound like or end up causing a Headphone War wink.gif

post #132 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by erod View Post

The title of the thread is going to get a lot of attention and feedback.

The Basshead's buyers guide!

It's good that it's getting attention. This could become a great reference thread for bassheads.

If the title were "My opinion on my current headphones" you would get different responses.

 

It would be great that if instead of trying to say that headphones on that list are not basshead phones, that you include the ones you think are missing, along with your impressions.

 

I would like to reiterate my love for the Denon D1100s, and would like to hear from some other Denon fans who can compare with other headphones (I can't).

 

Also, great youtube links for dusbtep. I usually hate skrillex tunes but that monster and sprites tune is pretty decent.

 

For some good sub-bass, try this one

 

 

Sounds bangin on the D1100s.

 



The title shouldn't be "My opinion yadda yadda" but should be "SennheiserHD's Basshead buyers guide", that way everyone would know the guide was made by him and not made by several different Head-Fi members.

post #133 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





The title shouldn't be "My opinion yadda yadda" but should be "SennheiserHD's Basshead buyers guide", that way everyone would know the guide was made by him and not made by several different Head-Fi members.


thanks for the free bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by erod View Post

The title of the thread is going to get a lot of attention and feedback.

The Basshead's buyers guide!

It's good that it's getting attention. This could become a great reference thread for bassheads.

If the title were "My opinion on my current headphones" you would get different responses.

 

It would be great that if instead of trying to say that headphones on that list are not basshead phones, that you include the ones you think are missing, along with your impressions.

 

I would like to reiterate my love for the Denon D1100s, and would like to hear from some other Denon fans who can compare with other headphones (I can't).

 

Also, great youtube links for dusbtep. I usually hate skrillex tunes but that monster and sprites tune is pretty decent.

 

For some good sub-bass, try this one

 

 

 

Sounds bangin on the D1100s.

 


i really like your idea man I'm gonna dedicate a portion of the post for headphones people think should be on this list!
post #134 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennheiserHD View Post


thanks for the free bump


i really like your idea man I'm gonna dedicate a portion of the post for headphones people think should be on this list!


Aside from the bump, I forgot to add that you're insanely wrong if you think M50 is a basshead can biggrin.gif

post #135 of 177

Bassheads who look quality over anything else, skip this thread.

 

And another bump, that the OP just can't live without tongue.gif

 

There is no reference to the purpose of this thread on the title. The thread is supposed to be about bassy headphones for people on a tight budget, yet there is no reference to this at all in the title.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Basshead's buyers guide!