New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mouse -Fi - Page 3

post #31 of 556


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbangus View Post

Hi guys, any recommendations for a "fat" or "tall" mouse? I need something that is tall from bottom to top, to reduce the stress on my middle metacarpal joint.

 

Flat(ter) mice really stresses my right hand's middle finger knuckle. Right now I'm using a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 at the office, which is slightly better than the HP I've been using for a couple of years now.

 

I have to find a very good replacement for the wireless logitech I've been using for 4 years at home. The stress on my middle metacarpal joint flares out when I play Starcraft2 for over an hour. (I only average 110ish APM, so no crazy clicky spamming here!)



 

For the reasons you explained I have been using high-end Logitech mouse for a long time now. I had a bluetooth one in the past and now have Performance Mouse MX and it definitely is a wonder ergonomics-wise. You will never worry about flumsy fingers again.

post #32 of 556


Thanks! I'll give the Performance Mouse MX a try if the Logitech M305 I ordered before seeing this post doesn't do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

For the reasons you explained I have been using high-end Logitech mouse for a long time now. I had a bluetooth one in the past and now have Performance Mouse MX and it definitely is a wonder ergonomics-wise. You will never worry about flumsy fingers again.



 

post #33 of 556

MX518 here - absolute gem of a mouse and a decent price too. Have tried using Razer/Roccat etc. but just keep coming back to the Logitech....

 

anyone used the Microsoft Arc? Always fancied giving it a try.

 

Zain

post #34 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

For the reasons you explained I have been using high-end Logitech mouse for a long time now. I had a bluetooth one in the past and now have Performance Mouse MX and it definitely is a wonder ergonomics-wise. You will never worry about flumsy fingers again.

 

I prefer the ergonomics of the old MX series to the MX Performance aka MX950.

 

IMG_1160.JPG
 

 


Edited by jjinh - 7/5/11 at 6:37pm
post #35 of 556


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinh View Post


I prefer the ergonomics of the old MX series to the MX Performance aka MX950.



 

I only had the 1000 series and it was very nice, but Bluetooth connection was not good eanough. There was no Darkfield Technology either AFAIR.

post #36 of 556

I use a Kensington Expert Mouse (actually a trakball). It takes a few hours of use to "burn in" the trackball bearings, but I've been using it now for four years. 

 

I generally avoid mice unless gaming (in which I'd like to get a Razer Orochi, but my wallet's not so happy due to Head-fi). Just not a fan of the uber-sculpted deigns as they just... aren't comfortable for me. 

post #37 of 556


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinh View Post



 

I prefer the ergonomics of the old MX series to the MX Performance aka MX950.

 

IMG_1160.JPG
 

 



I actually purchased that mouse a few weeks ago. It's been used once and hasn't been touched since.

 

I guess I didnt like the weight of the mouse, or the ergonomics were just a bit off for me...

 

For the past 10 years I've been using the classic Microsoft mouse. 

 

I'm a gamer and I can say that I've had my fair share of mice purchases (mostly from razer, microsoft, logitech etc)

 

My most expensive mice cost me around 200$ (AUD), while the cheapest I've ever purchased was free.

 

I can say EASILY that my personal choice of excellence goes to the FREE mouse (Microsofts Basic Optical Mouse)

 

I'm using the 1094 model, but I liked the previous model MUCH better.

 

EDIT:

 

I think one of the most important things that mice makers forget is that the human hand adapts easily with frequent use of an object.

 

Instead of trying to make the mice adapt to the human hand, I think it's better to allow the human hand to find its own appreciation of the mouse shape and design.

 

I believe its the reason why seasoned gamers hardly use those 'ultra ergonomic designs' in tournaments.


Edited by LegendaryLvl1 - 7/6/11 at 1:04am
post #38 of 556

Logitech Wingman Gaming -> MX300 -> MX518 -> Steelseries Xai

 

My mx518 broke a month or two back, replaced it with a steelseries xai.  very solid mouse, would recommend.

post #39 of 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryLvl1 View Post


 



I actually purchased that mouse a few weeks ago. It's been used once and hasn't been touched since.

 

I guess I didnt like the weight of the mouse, or the ergonomics were just a bit off for me...

 

For the past 10 years I've been using the classic Microsoft mouse. 

 

I'm a gamer and I can say that I've had my fair share of mice purchases (mostly from razer, microsoft, logitech etc)

 

My most expensive mice cost me around 200$ (AUD), while the cheapest I've ever purchased was free.

 

I can say EASILY that my personal choice of excellence goes to the FREE mouse (Microsofts Basic Optical Mouse)

 

I'm using the 1094 model, but I liked the previous model MUCH better.

 

EDIT:

 

I think one of the most important things that mice makers forget is that the human hand adapts easily with frequent use of an object.

 

Instead of trying to make the mice adapt to the human hand, I think it's better to allow the human hand to find its own appreciation of the mouse shape and design.

 

I believe its the reason why seasoned gamers hardly use those 'ultra ergonomic designs' in tournaments.


lol i have one of those. 6 years old and i treat it like trash and it keeps working. im using it right now actually.

 

reasons like this make me feel anything more then $30 for a mouse is stupid. this thing was $10. and it has lasted longer then any other mouse i have used. who ever said microsoft was a terrible company. they make solid products regardless of what people say.

 

post #40 of 556

My G5 just broke on me yesterday... so I immediately went out and bought an MX518 on clearance and a G500 on sale  from Best Buy.  That price match thing is hard to argue with (G500 was $44, MX518 was $25).

post #41 of 556

Logitech G9. I love the thing, but the rubber coating on the grip I'm using is rubbing off. I also made the mistake of picking at it the very first time I saw this happening since I thought it was something stuck on my mouse... When I feel the need to get a new one, it'll probably be a G9x, MX518, or G500.

post #42 of 556

Hell yes.   I have 3 of the corded ones.   One has seen years of serious use at work.  Once you get used to it, there's no going back.  I probably need to pick up a few of the cordless ones too so I have a lifetime supply.  I would HATE to go back to a normal mouse after this. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by appophylite View Post

s0395869_sc7?$sku$

 

Logitech Trackman. Only the one pictured is one of the latest models and mine is nearly 8 years old and still rolling.



 

post #43 of 556

I'm a large Razer user . . . still not a fan of laser mouses though, so sticking to the latest Deathadder Rev.

post #44 of 556

had the VX revolution for the longest time; such a perfect mouse until it finally broke. picked up the MX performance and definitely needs some getting used to...pretty bulky.

post #45 of 556

Prestigio PMSG1 - Best gaming mouse i've ever used, and loads cheaper than most popular brands.

 

£30 on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Prestigio-Ultimate-Gaming-Mouse-PMSG1-5400Dpi-Laser-WOW-/270581796569#vi-desc

 

Couple of reviews on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PRESTIGIO-PMSG1-Prestigio-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00303FXLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311844761&sr=8-1

 

This replaced my Razer mouse and i've never looked back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home