I just got my payment and I want REALLY good headphones for under $300. Too be honest I don't know much about audio so I came here. I listen to dubstep/drum & bass. I want something that has good noise cancellation well. I was looking at the Bose QC15's but I am not sure if they are good in Audio Quality.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD-280 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT1350, Pro900, ES-10, (Rafa Review page 4) Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:33am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/16/11 at 5:46pm
A good pair of closeback headphones to start would probably be the Ultrasone HFI-580 or the Audio Technica M50's. Both have very good bass and are pretty good at blocking out noise. Mostly everyone here would try and talk you out of bose, they're not that worth it.post #3 of 146/16/11 at 5:50pmpost #4 of 146/16/11 at 6:05pm
I second the M50 I have a friend that uses them for editing audio to mixing metal in the studio and for monitoring front of house for rock concerts (to find feedback to making sure everything is working fine) and he really likes them, so much so he's probably going to buy another pair since he has worn them out (this is not a negative toward them he probably puts about 40 hours a week on them and they are 3 years old and when used for shows and studio work they get cranked up)
I personally use Senn HD 280pros for audio work, they are bass heavy and have excellent noise rejection (even better than the M50s) but they lack the clarity and high frequencies that the M50s do well.post #5 of 146/16/11 at 6:20pm
For < $300 you can find a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750's, which are freaking awesome for most genres, but electronica in particular. M50's and HFI-580's are good, but for $300 you can do better.
To be honest though, I think you're going to want to improve your source and get an amp too. A Fiio E7 + Pro 750's is my recommendation :). Try and audition some if you can.post #6 of 146/16/11 at 6:54pmpost #7 of 146/16/11 at 7:47pmQuote:
Exactly what I was going to say. The PRO 750 is one of the best, if not the best headphone under $300 for drum & bass. Although I do think they are quite ugly.post #8 of 146/16/11 at 9:30pmpost #9 of 146/17/11 at 8:34ampost #10 of 146/17/11 at 10:21pmpost #11 of 146/17/11 at 10:36pmpost #12 of 146/18/11 at 1:48ampost #13 of 146/18/11 at 1:55amQuote:
+1 these headphones are awesome. Especially for this kind of music. I like their design.post #14 of 146/18/11 at 2:59am
DT880's have a different kind of sound. A lot more neutral than the Pro 750, and for most people the DT880's will probably have a larger sound stage. For drum & bass and dubstep the Pro 750's are a lot likelier to be enjoyable - they will provide more bass quantity and impact. The DT880's also require an amp.
- Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › the best for my buck 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 1 minute ago
- › The Bucket-Rin OA-7: A DiY driver transplant into a Pickering OA-7... 1 minute ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › CanOpener? 3 minutes ago
- › Top 10 Most Downloaded HDtracks Albums (1/1/14 – 3/31/14) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob