I just got my payment and I want REALLY good headphones for under $300. Too be honest I don't know much about audio so I came here. I listen to dubstep/drum & bass. I want something that has good noise cancellation well. I was looking at the Bose QC15's but I am not sure if they are good in Audio Quality.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/16/11 at 5:46pm
A good pair of closeback headphones to start would probably be the Ultrasone HFI-580 or the Audio Technica M50's. Both have very good bass and are pretty good at blocking out noise. Mostly everyone here would try and talk you out of bose, they're not that worth it.post #3 of 146/16/11 at 5:50pmpost #4 of 146/16/11 at 6:05pm
I second the M50 I have a friend that uses them for editing audio to mixing metal in the studio and for monitoring front of house for rock concerts (to find feedback to making sure everything is working fine) and he really likes them, so much so he's probably going to buy another pair since he has worn them out (this is not a negative toward them he probably puts about 40 hours a week on them and they are 3 years old and when used for shows and studio work they get cranked up)
I personally use Senn HD 280pros for audio work, they are bass heavy and have excellent noise rejection (even better than the M50s) but they lack the clarity and high frequencies that the M50s do well.post #5 of 146/16/11 at 6:20pm
For < $300 you can find a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750's, which are freaking awesome for most genres, but electronica in particular. M50's and HFI-580's are good, but for $300 you can do better.
To be honest though, I think you're going to want to improve your source and get an amp too. A Fiio E7 + Pro 750's is my recommendation :). Try and audition some if you can.post #6 of 146/16/11 at 6:54pmpost #7 of 146/16/11 at 7:47pmQuote:
Exactly what I was going to say. The PRO 750 is one of the best, if not the best headphone under $300 for drum & bass. Although I do think they are quite ugly.post #8 of 146/16/11 at 9:30pmpost #9 of 146/17/11 at 8:34ampost #10 of 146/17/11 at 10:21pmpost #11 of 146/17/11 at 10:36pmpost #12 of 146/18/11 at 1:48ampost #13 of 146/18/11 at 1:55amQuote:
+1 these headphones are awesome. Especially for this kind of music. I like their design.post #14 of 146/18/11 at 2:59am
DT880's have a different kind of sound. A lot more neutral than the Pro 750, and for most people the DT880's will probably have a larger sound stage. For drum & bass and dubstep the Pro 750's are a lot likelier to be enjoyable - they will provide more bass quantity and impact. The DT880's also require an amp.
- Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Introducing NightOwl Carbon & NightHawk Carbon. Next Generation... 23 seconds ago
- › Philadelphia Area Meet, January 29, 2017 - NO Football that weekend! 30 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 31 seconds ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Dac/Amp for smartphone vs Dedicated Dap 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Replacing cable on ATH M50 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear