I just got my payment and I want REALLY good headphones for under $300. Too be honest I don't know much about audio so I came here. I listen to dubstep/drum & bass. I want something that has good noise cancellation well. I was looking at the Bose QC15's but I am not sure if they are good in Audio Quality.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD-280 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT1350, Pro900, ES-10, (Rafa Review page 4) Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first Brainwavz earphones, many thanks to Brainwavz for the review sample! When I wrote this review, I have used it for almost 2 weeks, around 2 hours daily. A happy ending...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/16/11 at 5:46pm
A good pair of closeback headphones to start would probably be the Ultrasone HFI-580 or the Audio Technica M50's. Both have very good bass and are pretty good at blocking out noise. Mostly everyone here would try and talk you out of bose, they're not that worth it.post #3 of 146/16/11 at 5:50pmpost #4 of 146/16/11 at 6:05pm
I second the M50 I have a friend that uses them for editing audio to mixing metal in the studio and for monitoring front of house for rock concerts (to find feedback to making sure everything is working fine) and he really likes them, so much so he's probably going to buy another pair since he has worn them out (this is not a negative toward them he probably puts about 40 hours a week on them and they are 3 years old and when used for shows and studio work they get cranked up)
I personally use Senn HD 280pros for audio work, they are bass heavy and have excellent noise rejection (even better than the M50s) but they lack the clarity and high frequencies that the M50s do well.post #5 of 146/16/11 at 6:20pm
For < $300 you can find a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750's, which are freaking awesome for most genres, but electronica in particular. M50's and HFI-580's are good, but for $300 you can do better.
To be honest though, I think you're going to want to improve your source and get an amp too. A Fiio E7 + Pro 750's is my recommendation :). Try and audition some if you can.post #6 of 146/16/11 at 6:54pmpost #7 of 146/16/11 at 7:47pmQuote:
Exactly what I was going to say. The PRO 750 is one of the best, if not the best headphone under $300 for drum & bass. Although I do think they are quite ugly.post #8 of 146/16/11 at 9:30pmpost #9 of 146/17/11 at 8:34ampost #10 of 146/17/11 at 10:21pmpost #11 of 146/17/11 at 10:36pmpost #12 of 146/18/11 at 1:48ampost #13 of 146/18/11 at 1:55amQuote:
+1 these headphones are awesome. Especially for this kind of music. I like their design.post #14 of 146/18/11 at 2:59am
DT880's have a different kind of sound. A lot more neutral than the Pro 750, and for most people the DT880's will probably have a larger sound stage. For drum & bass and dubstep the Pro 750's are a lot likelier to be enjoyable - they will provide more bass quantity and impact. The DT880's also require an amp.
- Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 36 seconds ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread 37 seconds ago
- › TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 4 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing an over-ear headphone 4 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by earfonia
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)