I just got my payment and I want REALLY good headphones for under $300. Too be honest I don't know much about audio so I came here. I listen to dubstep/drum & bass. I want something that has good noise cancellation well. I was looking at the Bose QC15's but I am not sure if they are good in Audio Quality.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/16/11 at 5:46pm
A good pair of closeback headphones to start would probably be the Ultrasone HFI-580 or the Audio Technica M50's. Both have very good bass and are pretty good at blocking out noise. Mostly everyone here would try and talk you out of bose, they're not that worth it.post #3 of 146/16/11 at 5:50pmpost #4 of 146/16/11 at 6:05pm
I second the M50 I have a friend that uses them for editing audio to mixing metal in the studio and for monitoring front of house for rock concerts (to find feedback to making sure everything is working fine) and he really likes them, so much so he's probably going to buy another pair since he has worn them out (this is not a negative toward them he probably puts about 40 hours a week on them and they are 3 years old and when used for shows and studio work they get cranked up)
I personally use Senn HD 280pros for audio work, they are bass heavy and have excellent noise rejection (even better than the M50s) but they lack the clarity and high frequencies that the M50s do well.post #5 of 146/16/11 at 6:20pm
For < $300 you can find a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750's, which are freaking awesome for most genres, but electronica in particular. M50's and HFI-580's are good, but for $300 you can do better.
To be honest though, I think you're going to want to improve your source and get an amp too. A Fiio E7 + Pro 750's is my recommendation :). Try and audition some if you can.post #6 of 146/16/11 at 6:54pmpost #7 of 146/16/11 at 7:47pmQuote:
Exactly what I was going to say. The PRO 750 is one of the best, if not the best headphone under $300 for drum & bass. Although I do think they are quite ugly.post #8 of 146/16/11 at 9:30pmpost #9 of 146/17/11 at 8:34ampost #10 of 146/17/11 at 10:21pmpost #11 of 146/17/11 at 10:36pmpost #12 of 146/18/11 at 1:48ampost #13 of 146/18/11 at 1:55amQuote:
+1 these headphones are awesome. Especially for this kind of music. I like their design.post #14 of 146/18/11 at 2:59am
DT880's have a different kind of sound. A lot more neutral than the Pro 750, and for most people the DT880's will probably have a larger sound stage. For drum & bass and dubstep the Pro 750's are a lot likelier to be enjoyable - they will provide more bass quantity and impact. The DT880's also require an amp.
- Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Is this normal for an He-500? 36 seconds ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 1 minute ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Mobile version 5 minutes ago
- › DT990 Premium 250 Ohm -OR- Senn U 320 headset for the wife? 6 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)