I just got my payment and I want REALLY good headphones for under $300. Too be honest I don't know much about audio so I came here. I listen to dubstep/drum & bass. I want something that has good noise cancellation well. I was looking at the Bose QC15's but I am not sure if they are good in Audio Quality.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/22/11
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 6/22/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones should I get? Last post on 8/5/12 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfortable headphones with good bass under $150 Last post on 1/9/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Buying new headphones Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me pick my next Headphones! Last post on 10/24/11 at 10:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 146/16/11 at 5:46pm
A good pair of closeback headphones to start would probably be the Ultrasone HFI-580 or the Audio Technica M50's. Both have very good bass and are pretty good at blocking out noise. Mostly everyone here would try and talk you out of bose, they're not that worth it.post #3 of 146/16/11 at 5:50pmpost #4 of 146/16/11 at 6:05pm
I second the M50 I have a friend that uses them for editing audio to mixing metal in the studio and for monitoring front of house for rock concerts (to find feedback to making sure everything is working fine) and he really likes them, so much so he's probably going to buy another pair since he has worn them out (this is not a negative toward them he probably puts about 40 hours a week on them and they are 3 years old and when used for shows and studio work they get cranked up)
I personally use Senn HD 280pros for audio work, they are bass heavy and have excellent noise rejection (even better than the M50s) but they lack the clarity and high frequencies that the M50s do well.post #5 of 146/16/11 at 6:20pm
For < $300 you can find a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750's, which are freaking awesome for most genres, but electronica in particular. M50's and HFI-580's are good, but for $300 you can do better.
To be honest though, I think you're going to want to improve your source and get an amp too. A Fiio E7 + Pro 750's is my recommendation :). Try and audition some if you can.post #6 of 146/16/11 at 6:54pmpost #7 of 146/16/11 at 7:47pmQuote:
Exactly what I was going to say. The PRO 750 is one of the best, if not the best headphone under $300 for drum & bass. Although I do think they are quite ugly.post #8 of 146/16/11 at 9:30pmpost #9 of 146/17/11 at 8:34ampost #10 of 146/17/11 at 10:21pmpost #11 of 146/17/11 at 10:36pmpost #12 of 146/18/11 at 1:48ampost #13 of 146/18/11 at 1:55amQuote:
+1 these headphones are awesome. Especially for this kind of music. I like their design.post #14 of 146/18/11 at 2:59am
DT880's have a different kind of sound. A lot more neutral than the Pro 750, and for most people the DT880's will probably have a larger sound stage. For drum & bass and dubstep the Pro 750's are a lot likelier to be enjoyable - they will provide more bass quantity and impact. The DT880's also require an amp.
- Best headphones for under $300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Trying to decide on possible upgrade to AD1000X/Little Dot 1+ 1 minute ago
- › Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Energy Distortion of STAX and other phones with... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...