Should i get Monster Turbine Pro Golds or Beats Studios? Best sound quality and what will last longer?
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- asd Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Recommendations Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The people here on head-fi would strongly recommend that you go with something else entirely. Monster is not very well received on this website because of their poor value. For less money you can have headphones that sound better. The beats are also known to break sorta easily. I'm not sure about the turbines, heard they weren't that bad, but for a full sized headphone many would recommend the Ultrasone HFI-580.
How did you manage to narrow down a decision between a pair of circumaural cans and a pair of IEMs? I would recommend doing more research into what you actually want.
if for whatever reason it does boil down to a choice strictly between these two: I'd tell you to go with the turbines.
Umm...if you have a Monster gift card or something, I'd pick the Golds, but (and I say this as an owner of the Golds and the Coppers) you can do better than that otherwise if you're paying retail. What's your criteria?
Actually, in the IEM department of head-fi the Monster Turbine Pro Golds are pretty popular and well-reviewed. You should check these threads out:
- Stupid Question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Switcher, selector, splitter, or whatchamacallit? 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 10 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)