Should i get Monster Turbine Pro Golds or Beats Studios? Best sound quality and what will last longer?
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- what are the best earphones with serious quality for everyday use? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy IEM up to $450 USD! Last post on 7/16/12 at 11:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- asd Last post on 1/9/12 at 3:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphone Recommendations Last post on 9/28/11 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The people here on head-fi would strongly recommend that you go with something else entirely. Monster is not very well received on this website because of their poor value. For less money you can have headphones that sound better. The beats are also known to break sorta easily. I'm not sure about the turbines, heard they weren't that bad, but for a full sized headphone many would recommend the Ultrasone HFI-580.
How did you manage to narrow down a decision between a pair of circumaural cans and a pair of IEMs? I would recommend doing more research into what you actually want.
if for whatever reason it does boil down to a choice strictly between these two: I'd tell you to go with the turbines.
Umm...if you have a Monster gift card or something, I'd pick the Golds, but (and I say this as an owner of the Golds and the Coppers) you can do better than that otherwise if you're paying retail. What's your criteria?
Actually, in the IEM department of head-fi the Monster Turbine Pro Golds are pretty popular and well-reviewed. You should check these threads out:
- Stupid Question
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Alchemist's Ultimate Wish List Thread (feel free to add your... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The price curve for headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › HRT MicroStreamer 4 minutes ago
- › Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 10 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)