Hi I am currently looking for a durable closed headset preferably with a straight cable and circumaural ears. I wish to use them for gaming, metal and some techno music. So far I have found the beyerdynamic dt250 and shure 840 models. Any suggestions?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for a closed can in $150~$300 range Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 116/16/11 at 3:57ampost #3 of 116/16/11 at 4:01amThread Starter
How durable are the ultrasounds? Ive read that there plastic is not too strong and the ear pads can be a little underpadded. My last headset was the world of warcraft wirless headset and the left ear cup snapped off in 4 weeks, such a cheap piece of plastic that cost over 200 Australian dollars.. Not happy :(post #4 of 116/16/11 at 4:03ampost #5 of 116/16/11 at 4:08amThread Starterpost #6 of 116/16/11 at 4:09am
D2000 is exactly what you're looking for, except it isn't very durable for portable use. If strictly used at home though, it'll be fine. I dropped mine quite a few times.
Edited by Alghazanth - 6/16/11 at 4:13ampost #7 of 116/16/11 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #8 of 116/16/11 at 4:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 116/21/11 at 3:56ampost #10 of 116/21/11 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #11 of 116/21/11 at 8:52pm
Everyone at Headphonic loves the DT250 - if you've got the cash I'd recommend checking them out. I'd recommend the Ultrasone Pro 750's from personal experience though; excellent for gaming (awesome detail retrieval and sound stage for positional audio in footsteps) and excellent for music (particularly electronica).
I prefer the Pro 750's over AD700's for both gaming and music.
- Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 9 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 39 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Should I upgrade Schiit/ Mr. Speakers set up? 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...