Hi I am currently looking for a durable closed headset preferably with a straight cable and circumaural ears. I wish to use them for gaming, metal and some techno music. So far I have found the beyerdynamic dt250 and shure 840 models. Any suggestions?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 2/6/14 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for a closed can in $150~$300 range Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 116/16/11 at 3:57ampost #3 of 116/16/11 at 4:01amThread Starter
How durable are the ultrasounds? Ive read that there plastic is not too strong and the ear pads can be a little underpadded. My last headset was the world of warcraft wirless headset and the left ear cup snapped off in 4 weeks, such a cheap piece of plastic that cost over 200 Australian dollars.. Not happy :(post #4 of 116/16/11 at 4:03ampost #5 of 116/16/11 at 4:08amThread Starterpost #6 of 116/16/11 at 4:09am
D2000 is exactly what you're looking for, except it isn't very durable for portable use. If strictly used at home though, it'll be fine. I dropped mine quite a few times.
Edited by Alghazanth - 6/16/11 at 4:13ampost #7 of 116/16/11 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #8 of 116/16/11 at 4:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 116/21/11 at 3:56ampost #10 of 116/21/11 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #11 of 116/21/11 at 8:52pm
Everyone at Headphonic loves the DT250 - if you've got the cash I'd recommend checking them out. I'd recommend the Ultrasone Pro 750's from personal experience though; excellent for gaming (awesome detail retrieval and sound stage for positional audio in footsteps) and excellent for music (particularly electronica).
I prefer the Pro 750's over AD700's for both gaming and music.
- Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 11 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 53 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › Which Amp for the Senn HD800, the Sennheiser HDVA 600 or Auralic... 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Heir 4.ai 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude