Hi I am currently looking for a durable closed headset preferably with a straight cable and circumaural ears. I wish to use them for gaming, metal and some techno music. So far I have found the beyerdynamic dt250 and shure 840 models. Any suggestions?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for a closed can in $150~$300 range Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 116/16/11 at 3:57ampost #3 of 116/16/11 at 4:01amThread Starter
How durable are the ultrasounds? Ive read that there plastic is not too strong and the ear pads can be a little underpadded. My last headset was the world of warcraft wirless headset and the left ear cup snapped off in 4 weeks, such a cheap piece of plastic that cost over 200 Australian dollars.. Not happy :(post #4 of 116/16/11 at 4:03ampost #5 of 116/16/11 at 4:08amThread Starterpost #6 of 116/16/11 at 4:09am
D2000 is exactly what you're looking for, except it isn't very durable for portable use. If strictly used at home though, it'll be fine. I dropped mine quite a few times.
Edited by Alghazanth - 6/16/11 at 4:13ampost #7 of 116/16/11 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #8 of 116/16/11 at 4:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 116/21/11 at 3:56ampost #10 of 116/21/11 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #11 of 116/21/11 at 8:52pm
Everyone at Headphonic loves the DT250 - if you've got the cash I'd recommend checking them out. I'd recommend the Ultrasone Pro 750's from personal experience though; excellent for gaming (awesome detail retrieval and sound stage for positional audio in footsteps) and excellent for music (particularly electronica).
I prefer the Pro 750's over AD700's for both gaming and music.
- Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 12 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 24 seconds ago
- › Cheap physical graphic equalizer 44 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Lounge 'The Reference' Silver Litz - CIEM Cable to... 4 minutes ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 5 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...