Hi I am currently looking for a durable closed headset preferably with a straight cable and circumaural ears. I wish to use them for gaming, metal and some techno music. So far I have found the beyerdynamic dt250 and shure 840 models. Any suggestions?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900 - Blacktagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for a closed can in $150~$300 range Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 116/16/11 at 3:57ampost #3 of 116/16/11 at 4:01amThread Starter
How durable are the ultrasounds? Ive read that there plastic is not too strong and the ear pads can be a little underpadded. My last headset was the world of warcraft wirless headset and the left ear cup snapped off in 4 weeks, such a cheap piece of plastic that cost over 200 Australian dollars.. Not happy :(post #4 of 116/16/11 at 4:03ampost #5 of 116/16/11 at 4:08amThread Starterpost #6 of 116/16/11 at 4:09am
D2000 is exactly what you're looking for, except it isn't very durable for portable use. If strictly used at home though, it'll be fine. I dropped mine quite a few times.
Edited by Alghazanth - 6/16/11 at 4:13ampost #7 of 116/16/11 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #8 of 116/16/11 at 4:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 116/21/11 at 3:56ampost #10 of 116/21/11 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #11 of 116/21/11 at 8:52pm
Everyone at Headphonic loves the DT250 - if you've got the cash I'd recommend checking them out. I'd recommend the Ultrasone Pro 750's from personal experience though; excellent for gaming (awesome detail retrieval and sound stage for positional audio in footsteps) and excellent for music (particularly electronica).
I prefer the Pro 750's over AD700's for both gaming and music.
- Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 13 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 58 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe