Hi I am currently looking for a durable closed headset preferably with a straight cable and circumaural ears. I wish to use them for gaming, metal and some techno music. So far I have found the beyerdynamic dt250 and shure 840 models. Any suggestions?
- productBeyerdynamic DT 250 - Headphones ( ear-cup )tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone DJ1 PROtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 550tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Pro 900, 750, or the HFI 780? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why is detachable headphone cables not a standard feature amongst expensive headphones? Last post on 4/27/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for a closed can in $150~$300 range Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 116/16/11 at 3:57ampost #3 of 116/16/11 at 4:01amThread Starter
How durable are the ultrasounds? Ive read that there plastic is not too strong and the ear pads can be a little underpadded. My last headset was the world of warcraft wirless headset and the left ear cup snapped off in 4 weeks, such a cheap piece of plastic that cost over 200 Australian dollars.. Not happy :(post #4 of 116/16/11 at 4:03ampost #5 of 116/16/11 at 4:08amThread Starterpost #6 of 116/16/11 at 4:09am
D2000 is exactly what you're looking for, except it isn't very durable for portable use. If strictly used at home though, it'll be fine. I dropped mine quite a few times.
Edited by Alghazanth - 6/16/11 at 4:13ampost #7 of 116/16/11 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #8 of 116/16/11 at 4:31amThread Starterpost #9 of 116/21/11 at 3:56ampost #10 of 116/21/11 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #11 of 116/21/11 at 8:52pm
Everyone at Headphonic loves the DT250 - if you've got the cash I'd recommend checking them out. I'd recommend the Ultrasone Pro 750's from personal experience though; excellent for gaming (awesome detail retrieval and sound stage for positional audio in footsteps) and excellent for music (particularly electronica).
I prefer the Pro 750's over AD700's for both gaming and music.
- Closed headset for gaming and music
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by FortisFlyer75
- › Little Dot MK II by hifimanguy
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...