- 307 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 6/16/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me Neutral IEMs under 130 $ Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety HF5 mini comparison from a Newb..... Last post on 6/15/11 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Got some ety hf5s!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They do not need burn-in because they are BA (balanced-armature drivers never need burn-in.) Burn-in is still a theory after all, even with dynamic drivers...
I cannot comment on the Comply tips for the Ety's as I never used them on my er6i, but from my past experience with various IEMs using the Comply tips, I can tell you that with those IEMs (IE8, MTPC, TF10, MD Tribute, etc.) they did muddy up the sound of each IEM to a certain degree. The IE8 were the most affected by the Comply's, but the least affected were the TF10, so there are mixed results I guess. *shrugs*
Long story short, Comply's will never make an IEM "sound better." If anything they will improve the seal you get with your IEM; at worst they actually degrade the SQ.
- Got some ety hf5s!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 40 seconds ago
- › New interesting dac/headphone amp : SOtM sHP-100 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i ***Canada*** 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)