- 310 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 6/16/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me Neutral IEMs under 130 $ Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety HF5 mini comparison from a Newb..... Last post on 6/15/11 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Got some ety hf5s!post #1 of 36/14/11 at 8:11pmThread StarterLovin em so far. Two things, do they need burn in and do they soundd better with comply tips
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 36/14/11 at 8:23pm
They do not need burn-in because they are BA (balanced-armature drivers never need burn-in.) Burn-in is still a theory after all, even with dynamic drivers...
I cannot comment on the Comply tips for the Ety's as I never used them on my er6i, but from my past experience with various IEMs using the Comply tips, I can tell you that with those IEMs (IE8, MTPC, TF10, MD Tribute, etc.) they did muddy up the sound of each IEM to a certain degree. The IE8 were the most affected by the Comply's, but the least affected were the TF10, so there are mixed results I guess. *shrugs*
Long story short, Comply's will never make an IEM "sound better." If anything they will improve the seal you get with your IEM; at worst they actually degrade the SQ.post #3 of 36/15/11 at 11:06pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Got some ety hf5s!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 42 seconds ago
- › STX II op amp and cable 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 5 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Q & A 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › IEM's for under 400 US? 8 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear