- 306 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Cobalt)tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 6/16/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/11
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me Neutral IEMs under 130 $ Last post on 10/15/11 at 10:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety HF5 mini comparison from a Newb..... Last post on 6/15/11 at 2:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 11/9/12 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Got some ety hf5s!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They do not need burn-in because they are BA (balanced-armature drivers never need burn-in.) Burn-in is still a theory after all, even with dynamic drivers...
I cannot comment on the Comply tips for the Ety's as I never used them on my er6i, but from my past experience with various IEMs using the Comply tips, I can tell you that with those IEMs (IE8, MTPC, TF10, MD Tribute, etc.) they did muddy up the sound of each IEM to a certain degree. The IE8 were the most affected by the Comply's, but the least affected were the TF10, so there are mixed results I guess. *shrugs*
Long story short, Comply's will never make an IEM "sound better." If anything they will improve the seal you get with your IEM; at worst they actually degrade the SQ.
- Got some ety hf5s!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › 2 phones or 1 on a $600 budget? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 2014 leather-free *rosewood* 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 6 minutes ago
- › Which amp to buy for DT770 250 ohm? 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)