Preferably specialist stores, with a wide variety of IEMs.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone hear the newer, unreviewed Fischer IEMS and portables? Last post on 6/11/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- place to demo headphones in Washington DC Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- good news for scull-candy haters Last post on 10/14/10 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 66/14/11 at 9:58pmThread Starterpost #3 of 66/15/11 at 4:43am
Hmm, here are my suggestions for places where you can see, buy (and maybe even try) IEMs:
Wicked Digital is probably the first option that springs to mind. A little showroom where I've been a few times to audition stuff, and prices pretty decent (though still not competitive with overseas prices).
Audio Technica now has a dedicated store at the bottom floor of the new CBD Westfield building, and JB Hi Fi on the top floor has a pretty comprehensive selection of headphones from the usual suspects (Skullcandy, AKG, Sennheiser). Not sure about their IEM's, but they have a wide range of headphones you can try.
There are also some online stores like minidisc.com.au but you can't really take a look before then.
If I can think of any more places I've stumbled into I'd post them, but its pretty slim pickings in Sydney - especially for IEM's as opposed to headphones. Hope that helps =)post #4 of 66/15/11 at 3:42pmThread Starterpost #5 of 66/15/11 at 5:43pm
Haha unfortunately given the size of the market for high-end earphones in Sydney, your convenience is not really a factor. It's possible to get high end UE's at Dick Smith, or high end Sennheisers at Harvey Norman?
*EDIT* Actually, I just remembered - DJ Warehouse in
Leichhardt has a pretty good selection also.
Edited by a_recording - 6/15/11 at 5:50pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 40 seconds ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 41 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › Introduction 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › Comfortable Headphones for Indie/Dubstep 2 minutes ago
- › i'd like an open sub $300 pair of headphones with detachable cable... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe