Preferably specialist stores, with a wide variety of IEMs.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone hear the newer, unreviewed Fischer IEMS and portables? Last post on 6/11/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- place to demo headphones in Washington DC Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- good news for scull-candy haters Last post on 10/14/10 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, here are my suggestions for places where you can see, buy (and maybe even try) IEMs:
Wicked Digital is probably the first option that springs to mind. A little showroom where I've been a few times to audition stuff, and prices pretty decent (though still not competitive with overseas prices).
Audio Technica now has a dedicated store at the bottom floor of the new CBD Westfield building, and JB Hi Fi on the top floor has a pretty comprehensive selection of headphones from the usual suspects (Skullcandy, AKG, Sennheiser). Not sure about their IEM's, but they have a wide range of headphones you can try.
There are also some online stores like minidisc.com.au but you can't really take a look before then.
If I can think of any more places I've stumbled into I'd post them, but its pretty slim pickings in Sydney - especially for IEM's as opposed to headphones. Hope that helps =)
Haha unfortunately given the size of the market for high-end earphones in Sydney, your convenience is not really a factor. It's possible to get high end UE's at Dick Smith, or high end Sennheisers at Harvey Norman?
*EDIT* Actually, I just remembered - DJ Warehouse in
Leichhardt has a pretty good selection also.
Edited by a_recording - 6/15/11 at 5:50pm
- Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2