Preferably specialist stores, with a wide variety of IEMs.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone hear the newer, unreviewed Fischer IEMS and portables? Last post on 6/11/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- place to demo headphones in Washington DC Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- good news for scull-candy haters Last post on 10/14/10 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, here are my suggestions for places where you can see, buy (and maybe even try) IEMs:
Wicked Digital is probably the first option that springs to mind. A little showroom where I've been a few times to audition stuff, and prices pretty decent (though still not competitive with overseas prices).
Audio Technica now has a dedicated store at the bottom floor of the new CBD Westfield building, and JB Hi Fi on the top floor has a pretty comprehensive selection of headphones from the usual suspects (Skullcandy, AKG, Sennheiser). Not sure about their IEM's, but they have a wide range of headphones you can try.
There are also some online stores like minidisc.com.au but you can't really take a look before then.
If I can think of any more places I've stumbled into I'd post them, but its pretty slim pickings in Sydney - especially for IEM's as opposed to headphones. Hope that helps =)
Haha unfortunately given the size of the market for high-end earphones in Sydney, your convenience is not really a factor. It's possible to get high end UE's at Dick Smith, or high end Sennheisers at Harvey Norman?
*EDIT* Actually, I just remembered - DJ Warehouse in
Leichhardt has a pretty good selection also.
Edited by a_recording - 6/15/11 at 5:50pm
- Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 39 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › RHA MA750i Like New 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2