Preferably specialist stores, with a wide variety of IEMs.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for budget IEM Last post on 8/4/11 at 4:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone hear the newer, unreviewed Fischer IEMS and portables? Last post on 6/11/11 at 11:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- place to demo headphones in Washington DC Last post on 1/17/12 at 2:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- good news for scull-candy haters Last post on 10/14/10 at 12:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, here are my suggestions for places where you can see, buy (and maybe even try) IEMs:
Wicked Digital is probably the first option that springs to mind. A little showroom where I've been a few times to audition stuff, and prices pretty decent (though still not competitive with overseas prices).
Audio Technica now has a dedicated store at the bottom floor of the new CBD Westfield building, and JB Hi Fi on the top floor has a pretty comprehensive selection of headphones from the usual suspects (Skullcandy, AKG, Sennheiser). Not sure about their IEM's, but they have a wide range of headphones you can try.
There are also some online stores like minidisc.com.au but you can't really take a look before then.
If I can think of any more places I've stumbled into I'd post them, but its pretty slim pickings in Sydney - especially for IEM's as opposed to headphones. Hope that helps =)
Haha unfortunately given the size of the market for high-end earphones in Sydney, your convenience is not really a factor. It's possible to get high end UE's at Dick Smith, or high end Sennheisers at Harvey Norman?
*EDIT* Actually, I just remembered - DJ Warehouse in
Leichhardt has a pretty good selection also.
Edited by a_recording - 6/15/11 at 5:50pm
- Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget 14 seconds ago
- › Lear BD4.2 impressions and appreciation thread + Australian tour 54 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 5 minutes ago
- › Complete solution Windows/Linux 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiman RE-400 or Yamaha EPH-100? 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)