my s4i just got stolen but they were one of the best earphones i've owned. i want to replace them and was wondering if i should get the s4i again or go for the etym hf3? is the hf3 worth the extra money?
Related Forum Threads
- What colour Hf3s should I get? Last post on 9/24/11 at 12:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ipod/Iphone remote control earphones thread. Last post on 2/19/12 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4i or Ultimate Ears 600vi? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
klipsch image s4i vs etymotic hf3 for iphone 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll de-lurk long enough to say that, to my ears, yes, the HF3 is worth the extra money. They are, however, very different animals - the HF3 retains a good portion of the Ety house sound (clean, detailed and more or less balanced through the frequency response), whereas the s4i have boosted bass and treble. Comparing the two, the s4i makes the HF3 sound a bit bass-light and the HF3 makes the s4i sound a bit muddy to my ears.
Hope this helps.
I have the S4's and the HF3's. The S4's when compared to the HF3's have a lot more bass however are much less detailed in the highs and mids. This is less of a difference as you burn in the HF3's since they become a little bit more boomier. If you must have a good amount of bass, get another pair of S4's. If not, get the HF3's for the amazing highs and mids.
I have both the S4i's and the Ety's, well the HF2's same driver older mic/remote. You might want to try the Denon 560R's, I just pick these up, less bassy then the S4i's but not as bright as but more comfortable then the Ety's.
For my ears the S4's sound muddy and lacking in detail and speed but do deliver on the bass. I seem to like SS of IEM's like the RE0's DBA-02's. After my DBA's crapped out I just got a set of Ety HF5's and so far I am impressed, a bunch more punch than the RE0's but not as much as the DBA's. For $99.00 I like them A LOT......
- klipsch image s4i vs etymotic hf3 for iphone 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Lightning, a new very small balanced amp from RSA. Images of... 1 minute ago
- › Grado SR60i (One Year Old, Like-New Condition, Shipping Included In... 1 minute ago
- › Desktop amp for ATH-M50s 2 minutes ago
- › PLEASE HELP ME!! 2 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FXD80 vs. MEElectronics A161P 3 minutes ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 3 minutes ago
- › What's Better than the HD800s? 4 minutes ago
- › Speakers for College 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe