my s4i just got stolen but they were one of the best earphones i've owned. i want to replace them and was wondering if i should get the s4i again or go for the etym hf3? is the hf3 worth the extra money?
- productDENON AH-C560Rtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4i-WH Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple control, Whitetagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- What colour Hf3s should I get? Last post on 9/24/11 at 12:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ipod/Iphone remote control earphones thread. Last post on 2/19/12 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4i or Ultimate Ears 600vi? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
klipsch image s4i vs etymotic hf3 for iphone 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll de-lurk long enough to say that, to my ears, yes, the HF3 is worth the extra money. They are, however, very different animals - the HF3 retains a good portion of the Ety house sound (clean, detailed and more or less balanced through the frequency response), whereas the s4i have boosted bass and treble. Comparing the two, the s4i makes the HF3 sound a bit bass-light and the HF3 makes the s4i sound a bit muddy to my ears.
Hope this helps.
I have the S4's and the HF3's. The S4's when compared to the HF3's have a lot more bass however are much less detailed in the highs and mids. This is less of a difference as you burn in the HF3's since they become a little bit more boomier. If you must have a good amount of bass, get another pair of S4's. If not, get the HF3's for the amazing highs and mids.
I have both the S4i's and the Ety's, well the HF2's same driver older mic/remote. You might want to try the Denon 560R's, I just pick these up, less bassy then the S4i's but not as bright as but more comfortable then the Ety's.
For my ears the S4's sound muddy and lacking in detail and speed but do deliver on the bass. I seem to like SS of IEM's like the RE0's DBA-02's. After my DBA's crapped out I just got a set of Ety HF5's and so far I am impressed, a bunch more punch than the RE0's but not as much as the DBA's. For $99.00 I like them A LOT......
- klipsch image s4i vs etymotic hf3 for iphone 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for a "cheap" Closed OverEar Headphone for not to care... 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 seconds ago
- › Logitech X-530 replacements 46 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 47 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Logitech UE6000 2 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 2 minutes ago
- › How Do I Prove My Head-Fi Allegiance ! 2 minutes ago
- › Importance of clean USB power in my experience 2 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 3 minutes ago
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)