my s4i just got stolen but they were one of the best earphones i've owned. i want to replace them and was wondering if i should get the s4i again or go for the etym hf3? is the hf3 worth the extra money?
- productDENON AH-C560Rtagged by System, 6/16/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 6/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/11
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4i-WH Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple control, Whitetagged by System, 6/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- What colour Hf3s should I get? Last post on 9/24/11 at 12:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What would you reccomend out of these 5 earbuds for the type of music i listen to Last post on 9/18/11 at 3:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ipod/Iphone remote control earphones thread. Last post on 2/19/12 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4i or Ultimate Ears 600vi? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
klipsch image s4i vs etymotic hf3 for iphone 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'll de-lurk long enough to say that, to my ears, yes, the HF3 is worth the extra money. They are, however, very different animals - the HF3 retains a good portion of the Ety house sound (clean, detailed and more or less balanced through the frequency response), whereas the s4i have boosted bass and treble. Comparing the two, the s4i makes the HF3 sound a bit bass-light and the HF3 makes the s4i sound a bit muddy to my ears.
Hope this helps.
I have the S4's and the HF3's. The S4's when compared to the HF3's have a lot more bass however are much less detailed in the highs and mids. This is less of a difference as you burn in the HF3's since they become a little bit more boomier. If you must have a good amount of bass, get another pair of S4's. If not, get the HF3's for the amazing highs and mids.
I have both the S4i's and the Ety's, well the HF2's same driver older mic/remote. You might want to try the Denon 560R's, I just pick these up, less bassy then the S4i's but not as bright as but more comfortable then the Ety's.
For my ears the S4's sound muddy and lacking in detail and speed but do deliver on the bass. I seem to like SS of IEM's like the RE0's DBA-02's. After my DBA's crapped out I just got a set of Ety HF5's and so far I am impressed, a bunch more punch than the RE0's but not as much as the DBA's. For $99.00 I like them A LOT......
- klipsch image s4i vs etymotic hf3 for iphone 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 23 seconds ago
- › Westone w40 short review, includes pictures. 25 seconds ago
- › Combination of ATH-M50 with Fiio E07K? 36 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › What DAC/amp for Beyerdynamic T90? 1 minute ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 1 minute ago
- › FS/FT: AKG K702 65th Ed. [FINAL PRICE DROP] 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)