Aesthetix Pandora. 6K retail.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAnedio D1 DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productAntelope Audio - Zodiac HD 192 kHz D/A Convertertagged by System, 8/27/12
- productAyre Acoustics QB-9tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productBel Canto DAC2tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productBlue Circle BC507tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productCalyx DAC 24/192tagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productdB Audio Labs Tranquility USB DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 8/27/12More
- productHeadRoom Ultra Desktop DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productHegel HD20tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productMetrum Acoustics Octavetagged by System, 8/27/12
- productPS Audio - PerfectWave DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productRed Wine Audio Isabella Preamp / Headphone Amptagged by System, 8/27/12
- productSynthesis Matrix DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productweiss audio DAC2tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productWyred4Sound DAC-2tagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5) Last post on 6/23/14 at 9:50am in Dedicated Source Components
- best DAC under 1000$ + question Last post on 7/26/14 at 4:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a great DAC to match the Cavalli Liquid Fire Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:46pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with selecting a DAC Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:11am in Computer Audio
- Metrum octave vs new Rega DAC vs Eastern electric Last post on 2/25/13 at 2:29am in Dedicated Source Components
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Big difference. The Aesthetix Pandora and the Empirical Overdrive are both $6K, and both include asynchronous USB to 24/192. Both can challenge DACs up to the $10K level. Spending the same amount of money overall on a $3K DAC and an Alpha USB just doesn't make sense.
If your budget could be extended, that's exactly the DAC I'd recommend (the second iteration).
PWD MK2 is the other <$5k.
I think Antelope Eclipse will surpass Zodiac easily it is end DAC and it is similar priced $5K. And if I had this money on DAC I wold consider even unknown Casea Orion Lite ($2500) could be with sychro USB soon or in a few months from what I know. And Forssell MDAC-2 but it is without sychro or one diy dac by name BB DAC which is absolutely unknown. But unknown things without reviews here is lost time
Important is personal experience as all knows.. better is buy DAC which could be end in system without possible future change!
Edited by knopi - 9/14/12 at 1:44pm
At that price range, I would go for Antelope, Weiss, AN or PS Audio rather than the other brands mentioned above. These are long known audiophile brands - the other contenders certainly may have better C/P value, but when you try to resell them, you will probably get a big discount, if you are able to resell them at all; whereas for the four brands mentioned above, you pretty much get back the full price, if you bought it second hand or had a good deal in the first place. At least it is how it goes in the Hong Kong market. Note that the DAC technology is evolving fast - there is something better coming out almost every year, so it is almost inevitable that one will have to upgrade - an in that regard, DACs offering upgrade options such as PS Audio, Linn or MSB are recommended.
Edited by googleli - 9/11/12 at 12:43am
They're available for $4800 new and $3200 used.
I see. The 220V ones seem to be a bit more expensive in the local market. I had mine (second hand) for around 28K HKD which is around US$3.5K. I haven't tried hooking it up to the BHSE/009 yet (currently using the Esoteric K-01 for them), but I would imagine that my Weiss DAC202 would be a better match than the Antelope since it has a fuller mid range. However, if I feel that the difference with the K-01 is still huge, the BHSE will be staying with my main rig and my Weiss and Antelope will have to stick with the LF/LCD3 in my study room. I was almost at a point of selling both Weiss and Antelope to fund a dCS Debussy, but the Debussy's maximum support at 96/24 via USB really held me back.
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 30 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › how much of your music collection have you actually listened to? 10 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)