Well then, where should one look?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAnedio D1 DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productAntelope Audio - Zodiac HD 192 kHz D/A Convertertagged by System, 8/27/12
- productAyre Acoustics QB-9tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productBel Canto DAC2tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productBlue Circle BC507tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productCalyx DAC 24/192tagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productdB Audio Labs Tranquility USB DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- categoryDedicated Source Componentstagged by System, 8/27/12
- productEastern Electric MiniMax Dactagged by System, 8/27/12More
- productHeadRoom Ultra Desktop DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productHegel HD20tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productMetrum Acoustics Octavetagged by System, 8/27/12
- productPS Audio - PerfectWave DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productRed Wine Audio Isabella Preamp / Headphone Amptagged by System, 8/27/12
- productSynthesis Matrix DACtagged by System, 8/27/12
- productweiss audio DAC2tagged by System, 8/27/12
- productWyred4Sound DAC-2tagged by System, 8/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full review added 2/5) Last post on 5/1/15 at 2:11am in Dedicated Source Components
- best DAC under 1000$ + question Last post on 1/14/15 at 9:20am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for a great DAC to match the Cavalli Liquid Fire Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:46pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with selecting a DAC Last post on 8/17/12 at 11:11am in Computer Audio
- Metrum octave vs new Rega DAC vs Eastern electric Last post on 2/25/13 at 2:29am in Dedicated Source Components
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax? - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I picked it up for even less than that, but that was not including shipping and taxes.
It only has a USB input. I really don't even want the USB implementation in the same box. I want to use this.
So I want other options than just a single USB.
Edited by preproman - 9/9/12 at 7:04pm
$2,000 USB converter and $3,000 DAC = you're doing it wrong.
- Best DAC from $1500 to $2500 (or so) Can anything beat the Eastern Electric Minimax?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Grado e Series 3 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1 vs HAVI B3 Pro 1? Anyone has both and/or can comment on a... 5 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2