- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPod touch 64 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productCEntrance DACport LX Ultra Low-noise, portable USB DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels The Tomahawktagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWhiplash Audio TWag V3tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Most powerful *truly* portable amp? Last post on 1/27/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp/Dac for portable.. Last post on 11/3/12 at 11:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best slim portable for IEMs? Last post on 6/7/11 at 1:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How does it compare to the DACport LX and DACport? I know you don't have them anymore but would you say its any better than those two?
Gabrielle was probably much more nurturing, and seemed to have the guts to rise to whatever was required. I think she was far less likely than Zena to cut your head off once she was done weith you. Unless you pissed her off.
I also couldn't deal with that Xena battle cry... that's just a little *too* intense if ya know what I mean...
This has nothing to do with my portable rig. Centrance has their 2504 Master Class or whatever speakers on sale.
Should I or shouldn't I?
EDIT - I think it is no for now. Unless I find a way to liberate about $300.
Edited by aamefford - 10/2/13 at 7:50pm
Well… A pair of HD650's came and went. I miss them already - I've always liked their sound signature. I just never got to listen to them. Home means closed cans. Strangely, work was the right place for the HD650's, as I always need to hear the phone and people around me. I need to interact with folks and run out to the shop and back to the office so much most of the time that headphones are really not the best for work, hence the sale. I'll upgrade my Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs in the next couple of weeks. Beta tester privilege was jumping the queue when we decide to purchase or upgrade. I'll probably set up that desktop rig with the proceeds from the HD's at some point. I think quiet speakers will be a better fit at work. I want something relatively inexpensive that sounds good at low volume and extremely near field, front ported or no port. It may boil down to FraGGleR's little T-amp that he keeps dropping the price on, and some old polk or pioneer bookshelf speakers from the garage. Either that or @Armaegis 's cool NuForce class D stack… How much of that can I get for $300...
I saw this the other day... http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nuforce-icon-amp-2013-10-06-amplifiers-20879-laytonsville-md
It's probably my lack of an audiogon account that's stopping me from messaging the guy, lol. For the price though, it's a great option to consider. I have the Icon2 (same amp, plus a usb dac and preamp function) which I can run speakers and my HE-6 off of. I liked it enough that I got one for my brother which powers his sub and satellites (doubly impressive since it's a passive sub).
- Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How come treble peaks are well above the frequency range of most... 10 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 22 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › The Tera player Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [SOLD] METRUM HEX 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping Now (in China) 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Pair of Over-Ear Headphones around $100 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)