- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPod touch 64 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productCEntrance DACport LX Ultra Low-noise, portable USB DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels The Tomahawktagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWhiplash Audio TWag V3tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Most powerful *truly* portable amp? Last post on 1/27/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp/Dac for portable.. Last post on 11/3/12 at 11:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best slim portable for IEMs? Last post on 6/7/11 at 1:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How does it compare to the DACport LX and DACport? I know you don't have them anymore but would you say its any better than those two?
Gabrielle was probably much more nurturing, and seemed to have the guts to rise to whatever was required. I think she was far less likely than Zena to cut your head off once she was done weith you. Unless you pissed her off.
I also couldn't deal with that Xena battle cry... that's just a little *too* intense if ya know what I mean...
This has nothing to do with my portable rig. Centrance has their 2504 Master Class or whatever speakers on sale.
Should I or shouldn't I?
EDIT - I think it is no for now. Unless I find a way to liberate about $300.
Edited by aamefford - 10/2/13 at 7:50pm
Well… A pair of HD650's came and went. I miss them already - I've always liked their sound signature. I just never got to listen to them. Home means closed cans. Strangely, work was the right place for the HD650's, as I always need to hear the phone and people around me. I need to interact with folks and run out to the shop and back to the office so much most of the time that headphones are really not the best for work, hence the sale. I'll upgrade my Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs in the next couple of weeks. Beta tester privilege was jumping the queue when we decide to purchase or upgrade. I'll probably set up that desktop rig with the proceeds from the HD's at some point. I think quiet speakers will be a better fit at work. I want something relatively inexpensive that sounds good at low volume and extremely near field, front ported or no port. It may boil down to FraGGleR's little T-amp that he keeps dropping the price on, and some old polk or pioneer bookshelf speakers from the garage. Either that or @Armaegis 's cool NuForce class D stack… How much of that can I get for $300...
I saw this the other day... http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nuforce-icon-amp-2013-10-06-amplifiers-20879-laytonsville-md
It's probably my lack of an audiogon account that's stopping me from messaging the guy, lol. For the price though, it's a great option to consider. I have the Icon2 (same amp, plus a usb dac and preamp function) which I can run speakers and my HE-6 off of. I liked it enough that I got one for my brother which powers his sub and satellites (doubly impressive since it's a passive sub).
- Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 11 seconds ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (and 15 others,... 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 5 minutes ago
- › The EU deals thread! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)