- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPod touch 64 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productCEntrance DACport LX Ultra Low-noise, portable USB DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels The Tomahawktagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWhiplash Audio TWag V3tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Most powerful *truly* portable amp? Last post on 1/27/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp/Dac for portable.. Last post on 11/3/12 at 11:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best slim portable for IEMs? Last post on 6/7/11 at 1:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How does it compare to the DACport LX and DACport? I know you don't have them anymore but would you say its any better than those two?
Gabrielle was probably much more nurturing, and seemed to have the guts to rise to whatever was required. I think she was far less likely than Zena to cut your head off once she was done weith you. Unless you pissed her off.
I also couldn't deal with that Xena battle cry... that's just a little *too* intense if ya know what I mean...
This has nothing to do with my portable rig. Centrance has their 2504 Master Class or whatever speakers on sale.
Should I or shouldn't I?
EDIT - I think it is no for now. Unless I find a way to liberate about $300.
Edited by aamefford - 10/2/13 at 7:50pm
Well… A pair of HD650's came and went. I miss them already - I've always liked their sound signature. I just never got to listen to them. Home means closed cans. Strangely, work was the right place for the HD650's, as I always need to hear the phone and people around me. I need to interact with folks and run out to the shop and back to the office so much most of the time that headphones are really not the best for work, hence the sale. I'll upgrade my Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs in the next couple of weeks. Beta tester privilege was jumping the queue when we decide to purchase or upgrade. I'll probably set up that desktop rig with the proceeds from the HD's at some point. I think quiet speakers will be a better fit at work. I want something relatively inexpensive that sounds good at low volume and extremely near field, front ported or no port. It may boil down to FraGGleR's little T-amp that he keeps dropping the price on, and some old polk or pioneer bookshelf speakers from the garage. Either that or @Armaegis 's cool NuForce class D stack… How much of that can I get for $300...
I saw this the other day... http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nuforce-icon-amp-2013-10-06-amplifiers-20879-laytonsville-md
It's probably my lack of an audiogon account that's stopping me from messaging the guy, lol. For the price though, it's a great option to consider. I have the Icon2 (same amp, plus a usb dac and preamp function) which I can run speakers and my HE-6 off of. I liked it enough that I got one for my brother which powers his sub and satellites (doubly impressive since it's a passive sub).
- Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PRICE DROP: Shure SE535-V (metallic-bronze), brand new, sealed, unused 37 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 44 seconds ago
- › Choosing loudspeakers for Marantz PM6010 OSE 53 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ### Amp/Dac under $400 ### 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Do hard drives sound different? 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)