- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPod touch 64 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productCEntrance DACport LX Ultra Low-noise, portable USB DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels The Tomahawktagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWhiplash Audio TWag V3tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Most powerful *truly* portable amp? Last post on 1/27/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp/Dac for portable.. Last post on 11/3/12 at 11:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best slim portable for IEMs? Last post on 6/7/11 at 1:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 1/22/15
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How does it compare to the DACport LX and DACport? I know you don't have them anymore but would you say its any better than those two?
Gabrielle was probably much more nurturing, and seemed to have the guts to rise to whatever was required. I think she was far less likely than Zena to cut your head off once she was done weith you. Unless you pissed her off.
I also couldn't deal with that Xena battle cry... that's just a little *too* intense if ya know what I mean...
This has nothing to do with my portable rig. Centrance has their 2504 Master Class or whatever speakers on sale.
Should I or shouldn't I?
EDIT - I think it is no for now. Unless I find a way to liberate about $300.
Edited by aamefford - 10/2/13 at 7:50pm
Well… A pair of HD650's came and went. I miss them already - I've always liked their sound signature. I just never got to listen to them. Home means closed cans. Strangely, work was the right place for the HD650's, as I always need to hear the phone and people around me. I need to interact with folks and run out to the shop and back to the office so much most of the time that headphones are really not the best for work, hence the sale. I'll upgrade my Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs in the next couple of weeks. Beta tester privilege was jumping the queue when we decide to purchase or upgrade. I'll probably set up that desktop rig with the proceeds from the HD's at some point. I think quiet speakers will be a better fit at work. I want something relatively inexpensive that sounds good at low volume and extremely near field, front ported or no port. It may boil down to FraGGleR's little T-amp that he keeps dropping the price on, and some old polk or pioneer bookshelf speakers from the garage. Either that or @Armaegis 's cool NuForce class D stack… How much of that can I get for $300...
I saw this the other day... http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nuforce-icon-amp-2013-10-06-amplifiers-20879-laytonsville-md
It's probably my lack of an audiogon account that's stopping me from messaging the guy, lol. For the price though, it's a great option to consider. I have the Icon2 (same amp, plus a usb dac and preamp function) which I can run speakers and my HE-6 off of. I liked it enough that I got one for my brother which powers his sub and satellites (doubly impressive since it's a passive sub).
- Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 31 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs ) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 9 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2