- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productApple iPod touch 64 GB (4th Generation) NEWEST MODELtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productCEntrance DACport LX Ultra Low-noise, portable USB DACtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productLeckerton Audio uha 4 slimline portable amptagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productRay Samuels The Tomahawktagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productTTVJ Portable (Slim)tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
- productWhiplash Audio TWag V3tagged by dbsaffor, 9/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Most powerful *truly* portable amp? Last post on 1/27/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp/Dac for portable.. Last post on 11/3/12 at 11:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best slim portable for IEMs? Last post on 6/7/11 at 1:31am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 7/30/14
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How does it compare to the DACport LX and DACport? I know you don't have them anymore but would you say its any better than those two?
Gabrielle was probably much more nurturing, and seemed to have the guts to rise to whatever was required. I think she was far less likely than Zena to cut your head off once she was done weith you. Unless you pissed her off.
I also couldn't deal with that Xena battle cry... that's just a little *too* intense if ya know what I mean...
This has nothing to do with my portable rig. Centrance has their 2504 Master Class or whatever speakers on sale.
Should I or shouldn't I?
EDIT - I think it is no for now. Unless I find a way to liberate about $300.
Edited by aamefford - 10/2/13 at 7:50pm
Well… A pair of HD650's came and went. I miss them already - I've always liked their sound signature. I just never got to listen to them. Home means closed cans. Strangely, work was the right place for the HD650's, as I always need to hear the phone and people around me. I need to interact with folks and run out to the shop and back to the office so much most of the time that headphones are really not the best for work, hence the sale. I'll upgrade my Mad Dogs to Alpha Dogs in the next couple of weeks. Beta tester privilege was jumping the queue when we decide to purchase or upgrade. I'll probably set up that desktop rig with the proceeds from the HD's at some point. I think quiet speakers will be a better fit at work. I want something relatively inexpensive that sounds good at low volume and extremely near field, front ported or no port. It may boil down to FraGGleR's little T-amp that he keeps dropping the price on, and some old polk or pioneer bookshelf speakers from the garage. Either that or @Armaegis 's cool NuForce class D stack… How much of that can I get for $300...
I saw this the other day... http://app.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nuforce-icon-amp-2013-10-06-amplifiers-20879-laytonsville-md
It's probably my lack of an audiogon account that's stopping me from messaging the guy, lol. For the price though, it's a great option to consider. I have the Icon2 (same amp, plus a usb dac and preamp function) which I can run speakers and my HE-6 off of. I liked it enough that I got one for my brother which powers his sub and satellites (doubly impressive since it's a passive sub).
- Reconfiguring my portable rig - Random updates on the journey
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD800 music, suggestions,please 5 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Adam Artist 3 vs Aktimate Mini Plus 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Classical only ... Akg 712 / Shure 1840 / HD 600&650 ? 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Classic vs Ultrasone Signature Pro? Comparison? 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)