or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Where To Download Lossless Music
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where To Download Lossless Music - Page 9

post #121 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahay View Post
 

Just discover melodishop.com today. Apparently, according to their website, the site is legal but don't understand why the price are very cheap. Did anyone tried to download from them and tell if the quality of their song is good? They offer some FLAC as well for only $0.30 per song. What I am also worried about, other than the Sound quality, is if it safe to download from them.

are they still a safe and legit company?

just trying to get into better quality music and downloads

post #122 of 133

drag

 

hdtracks not available in canada

 

i'm also seeking quality but reasonably priced venues to explore and download quality music from.

 

do torrent downloads make a difference vs true lossless (just trying to understand the lingo guys, so please go easy on me;)

...or does it have to do with copyright issues ...ie  melodishop.com and such cheaper sites which seem like bargains

...just always wary of cc identity theft issues, too, of course with off shore sites.


Edited by canali - 1/14/16 at 8:01am
post #123 of 133

The Pono Music Store is all lossless.  Also if your 16/44.1 become available at higher res, you are upgraded for free.  www.ponomusic.com/

 

Also look at 7digital:   https://us.7digital.com

 

A number of the big orchestras record and sell their own work.  For example The Boston Symphony:  https://www.bso.org/Merchandise/Listing

 

Another vote and thumbs up for bandcamp!

post #124 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmap View Post
 

The Pono Music Store is all lossless.  Also if your 16/44.1 become available at higher res, you are upgraded for free.  www.ponomusic.com/

 

Also look at 7digital:   https://us.7digital.com

 

A number of the big orchestras record and sell their own work.  For example The Boston Symphony:  https://www.bso.org/Merchandise/Listing

 

Another vote and thumbs up for bandcamp!

 

problem is: sometimes i don't often want the full albums,

esp at some of the $$$ prices charged....sometimes just singles...

but anyway i appreciate the links and will research them further.

post #125 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by canali View Post
 

 

problem is: sometimes i don't often want the full albums,

esp at some of the $$$ prices charged....sometimes just singles...

but anyway i appreciate the links and will research them further.


Oh yeah, for sure.  All three of the sites I just mentioned allow purchase by track -- in most cases.  There are exceptions, but not all that common in my experience.

post #126 of 133

.


Edited by DavidJ1973 - 2/21/16 at 8:05am
post #127 of 133

Never mind what I said - I was under the impression that the Fiio was an amplifier, not a high-res playback device. My apologies!

post #128 of 133

many thanks everyone..appreciate it.

 

ok this isn't at all related but am sending all some Buddy Rich love,

viewed almost 12 million times.

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esWG6A6g-k&ab_channel=DrummaAddict

 

...as most of us know, he was the God of drummers to many, even those who weren't jazz drummers.

he's prob in his late 50s/early 60s here, and yet look at his speed and technique.:eek:

 


Edited by canali - 2/27/16 at 7:27pm
post #129 of 133

I'm trying to find a Hi res version of Buena Vista Social Club. Google takes me to HDtracks but there's nothing found there.

 

Any ideas?

post #130 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoat View Post
 

I'm trying to find a Hi res version of Buena Vista Social Club. Google takes me to HDtracks but there's nothing found there.

 

Any ideas?

Here is the great site to try to find HD music (and shows three possible options for you for this album if buying in USA):

 

http://www.findhdmusic.com/high-definition/whats-new/?srch_title=buena+vista+social+club&srch_artist=&srch_label=&incl_genre_180=1&incl_genre_170=1&incl_genre_150=1&incl_genre_130=1&incl_genre_230=1&incl_genre_290=1&incl_genre_100=1&incl_genre_140=1&incl_genre_999=1&incl_genre_190=1&incl_genre_998=1&incl_genre_120=1&incl_genre_200=1&incl_genre_160=1&fmt_flac=1&fmt_wav=1&res_24-96=1&res_24-192=1&res_24-88=1&res_24-172=1&avail_us=1

post #131 of 133

Thanks for that link. I'm in the UK so my only option appears to be the Pono site. Don't know much about this set up. I'd need to download their desktop app to purchase from their site. Do you know if this would just come down like all my other flac files so I'd be able to just add it to my AK Jr?

 

edit: Just went a bit further and discovered that this is only available in the US from all the outlets.....thanks anyway.


Edited by MrBoat - 3/5/16 at 1:06pm
post #132 of 133

If Pono store ever comes to the UK, then you will be able to use their flac files with any player.  There's  no DRM.

 

Currently I think this is true of all high resolution vendors. 

post #133 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmap View Post
 

If Pono store ever comes to the UK, then you will be able to use their flac files with any player.  There's  no DRM.

 

Currently I think this is true of all high resolution vendors. 

Thanks very much.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Where To Download Lossless Music