Is a discounted He6 a good buy compared to the He500 regardles of the amping issues?
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-500 on speaker amps via HE-adapter Last post on 11/1/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/11/11 at 4:22pm
The he6 is only useful if you have a powerful amp for it. If you cant listen to it, then why buy it. If you are planning to buy a amp down the road, then it might be a good deal. Otherwise, buy the he500 which people say is pretty easier to drive.post #3 of 46/11/11 at 4:28pm
If you have the proper amp the HE6 is worth the premium IMO but I will tell these HE500 are easy to drive and very close to the HE6 and will work a=on most if not all amps. If you have the amp buy the HE6 if you dont want to get a power amp then buy the hE500. I will have my tube amps back this week and will be better able to give more impressions but call me impressed.They do need better pads but sound they are ideal no missing parts here.post #4 of 49/11/12 at 6:50pm
If you have a worthy power amp or integrated, the HE-6, IMHO, easily outperform the HE-500 in every department. For me, for my listening tastes, the HE-5LE also out-performed the 500.
- Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 7 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 8 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 37 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 48 seconds ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › HD 600 vs HD 650 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2