Is a discounted He6 a good buy compared to the He500 regardles of the amping issues?
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-500 on speaker amps via HE-adapter Last post on 11/1/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/28/14 at 12:18am in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/11/11 at 4:22pm
The he6 is only useful if you have a powerful amp for it. If you cant listen to it, then why buy it. If you are planning to buy a amp down the road, then it might be a good deal. Otherwise, buy the he500 which people say is pretty easier to drive.post #3 of 46/11/11 at 4:28pm
If you have the proper amp the HE6 is worth the premium IMO but I will tell these HE500 are easy to drive and very close to the HE6 and will work a=on most if not all amps. If you have the amp buy the HE6 if you dont want to get a power amp then buy the hE500. I will have my tube amps back this week and will be better able to give more impressions but call me impressed.They do need better pads but sound they are ideal no missing parts here.post #4 of 49/11/12 at 6:50pm
If you have a worthy power amp or integrated, the HE-6, IMHO, easily outperform the HE-500 in every department. For me, for my listening tastes, the HE-5LE also out-performed the 500.
- Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2