Is a discounted He6 a good buy compared to the He500 regardles of the amping issues?
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-500 on speaker amps via HE-adapter Last post on 11/1/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/11/11 at 4:22pm
The he6 is only useful if you have a powerful amp for it. If you cant listen to it, then why buy it. If you are planning to buy a amp down the road, then it might be a good deal. Otherwise, buy the he500 which people say is pretty easier to drive.post #3 of 46/11/11 at 4:28pm
If you have the proper amp the HE6 is worth the premium IMO but I will tell these HE500 are easy to drive and very close to the HE6 and will work a=on most if not all amps. If you have the amp buy the HE6 if you dont want to get a power amp then buy the hE500. I will have my tube amps back this week and will be better able to give more impressions but call me impressed.They do need better pads but sound they are ideal no missing parts here.post #4 of 49/11/12 at 6:50pm
If you have a worthy power amp or integrated, the HE-6, IMHO, easily outperform the HE-500 in every department. For me, for my listening tastes, the HE-5LE also out-performed the 500.
- Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 8 seconds ago
- › (FS) Klipsch X10 31 seconds ago
- › Dark Voice 339 38 seconds ago
- › sonus faber extrema in house 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob