Is a discounted He6 a good buy compared to the He500 regardles of the amping issues?
Related Forum Threads
- Is the SA-71A enough to power the LCD-2 or the HE-500? Last post on 9/9/11 at 8:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-500 on speaker amps via HE-adapter Last post on 11/1/11 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HE-4 vs. HE-5LE Last post on 2/20/14 at 3:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/11/11 at 4:22pm
The he6 is only useful if you have a powerful amp for it. If you cant listen to it, then why buy it. If you are planning to buy a amp down the road, then it might be a good deal. Otherwise, buy the he500 which people say is pretty easier to drive.post #3 of 46/11/11 at 4:28pm
If you have the proper amp the HE6 is worth the premium IMO but I will tell these HE500 are easy to drive and very close to the HE6 and will work a=on most if not all amps. If you have the amp buy the HE6 if you dont want to get a power amp then buy the hE500. I will have my tube amps back this week and will be better able to give more impressions but call me impressed.They do need better pads but sound they are ideal no missing parts here.post #4 of 49/11/12 at 6:50pm
If you have a worthy power amp or integrated, the HE-6, IMHO, easily outperform the HE-500 in every department. For me, for my listening tastes, the HE-5LE also out-performed the 500.
- Hifiman He6 He500 question.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 27 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › IC/FS/FT Shure 940 Velour pads 2 minutes ago
- › Audioengine A2 black desktop speakers 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)