I like em open, just like my at home sets... I have a couple pairs of IEM's when I need the isolation, but I'll grab my modded portapros over them every time.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 6/1/16 at 5:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's Last post on 6/5/15 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM cable management? Last post on 6/25/14 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll] - Page 2
Poll Results: Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?This is a multiple choice poll
1197 Total Votespost #16 of 706/27/11 at 12:30pm
4% of voters (57)Foldable
8% of voters (102)Small
19% of voters (238)Comfort
5% of voters (71)Detachable cable
16% of voters (202)Build quality
13% of voters (160)Easy to drive (no amp needed)
0% of voters (5)Open
0% of voters (10)Semi-Open
11% of voters (138)Closed
7% of voters (91)Appearance
2% of voters (25)Accessories
3% of voters (46)Replaceable parts
4% of voters (52)iPod compatible
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 706/27/11 at 12:53pmQuote:
Background noise of 62dBA sitting at my PC has caused me to ditch my open phones...post #18 of 706/27/11 at 5:00pmQuote:
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.post #19 of 706/27/11 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.
Have you tried the Akasa on the inside of the cups yet? It doesn't make them sound "open" but it keeps them from sounding "closed-in".post #20 of 706/27/11 at 5:13pmQuote:
Didn't receive it yet.. should have it tmrw.. I will probably apply some dynamat and then do the baffles tonight with either dynamat or plasticine.. So I can see if I hear a change with that and then I'll do the akasa tmrw. Meanwhile, I got my hands on some Ms-Pro's... my bloodwood sr80i's are giving them a real run for their money. at least 95% as nice, at least..post #21 of 707/3/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #22 of 707/4/11 at 10:20pmQuote:
I took em out on campus once. So a friend could hear them. It wasn't too bad at all. I wouldn't take woodies out, But I would take them with plastic cups.post #23 of 707/4/11 at 10:34pmpost #24 of 707/4/11 at 10:35pmpost #25 of 707/4/11 at 11:03pmpost #26 of 707/4/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
"Closed" pretty much covers that.post #27 of 707/5/11 at 12:09amComfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
Edited by mrtim6 - 7/5/11 at 12:10ampost #28 of 707/5/11 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by mrtim6
Comfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
x2. comfort over anything else other than sqpost #29 of 707/5/11 at 8:06am
Not necessarily, there are some closed headphones especially on-ear ones that have poor isolation. Close headphones don't automatically mean superb isolation.post #30 of 707/5/11 at 9:09amThread Starter
its says in the OP "Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?"Quote:
yes, it could have been a good option, I missed it. luckily active noise isolation is not popular among "audiophiles". but would have been a nice option to add. closed would have to do it by nowReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review 6 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Perceptual coding 6 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 8 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 10 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...