I like em open, just like my at home sets... I have a couple pairs of IEM's when I need the isolation, but I'll grab my modded portapros over them every time.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 6/18/15 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's Last post on 6/5/15 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM cable management? Last post on 6/25/14 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll] - Page 2
Poll Results: Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?This is a multiple choice poll
1197 Total Votespost #16 of 706/27/11 at 12:30pm
4% of voters (57)Foldable
8% of voters (102)Small
19% of voters (238)Comfort
5% of voters (71)Detachable cable
16% of voters (202)Build quality
13% of voters (160)Easy to drive (no amp needed)
0% of voters (5)Open
0% of voters (10)Semi-Open
11% of voters (138)Closed
7% of voters (91)Appearance
2% of voters (25)Accessories
3% of voters (46)Replaceable parts
4% of voters (52)iPod compatible
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 706/27/11 at 12:53pmQuote:
Background noise of 62dBA sitting at my PC has caused me to ditch my open phones...post #18 of 706/27/11 at 5:00pmQuote:
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.post #19 of 706/27/11 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.
Have you tried the Akasa on the inside of the cups yet? It doesn't make them sound "open" but it keeps them from sounding "closed-in".post #20 of 706/27/11 at 5:13pmQuote:
Didn't receive it yet.. should have it tmrw.. I will probably apply some dynamat and then do the baffles tonight with either dynamat or plasticine.. So I can see if I hear a change with that and then I'll do the akasa tmrw. Meanwhile, I got my hands on some Ms-Pro's... my bloodwood sr80i's are giving them a real run for their money. at least 95% as nice, at least..post #21 of 707/3/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #22 of 707/4/11 at 10:20pmQuote:
I took em out on campus once. So a friend could hear them. It wasn't too bad at all. I wouldn't take woodies out, But I would take them with plastic cups.post #23 of 707/4/11 at 10:34pmpost #24 of 707/4/11 at 10:35pmpost #25 of 707/4/11 at 11:03pmpost #26 of 707/4/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
"Closed" pretty much covers that.post #27 of 707/5/11 at 12:09amComfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
Edited by mrtim6 - 7/5/11 at 12:10ampost #28 of 707/5/11 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by mrtim6
Comfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
x2. comfort over anything else other than sqpost #29 of 707/5/11 at 8:06am
Not necessarily, there are some closed headphones especially on-ear ones that have poor isolation. Close headphones don't automatically mean superb isolation.post #30 of 707/5/11 at 9:09amThread Starter
its says in the OP "Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?"Quote:
yes, it could have been a good option, I missed it. luckily active noise isolation is not popular among "audiophiles". but would have been a nice option to add. closed would have to do it by nowReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 6 minutes ago
- › What is the best device that decodes multichannel SACD/DSD like the... 9 minutes ago
- › Best Closed-Back Headphones for EDM (when amped)? 10 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2