I like em open, just like my at home sets... I have a couple pairs of IEM's when I need the isolation, but I'll grab my modded portapros over them every time.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 11/27/16 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's Last post on 6/5/15 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM cable management? Last post on 6/25/14 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll] - Page 2
Poll Results: Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?This is a multiple choice poll
1197 Total Votespost #16 of 706/27/11 at 12:30pm
4% of voters (57)Foldable
8% of voters (102)Small
19% of voters (238)Comfort
5% of voters (71)Detachable cable
16% of voters (202)Build quality
13% of voters (160)Easy to drive (no amp needed)
0% of voters (5)Open
0% of voters (10)Semi-Open
11% of voters (138)Closed
7% of voters (91)Appearance
2% of voters (25)Accessories
3% of voters (46)Replaceable parts
4% of voters (52)iPod compatible
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 706/27/11 at 12:53pmQuote:
Background noise of 62dBA sitting at my PC has caused me to ditch my open phones...post #18 of 706/27/11 at 5:00pmQuote:
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.post #19 of 706/27/11 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.
Have you tried the Akasa on the inside of the cups yet? It doesn't make them sound "open" but it keeps them from sounding "closed-in".post #20 of 706/27/11 at 5:13pmQuote:
Didn't receive it yet.. should have it tmrw.. I will probably apply some dynamat and then do the baffles tonight with either dynamat or plasticine.. So I can see if I hear a change with that and then I'll do the akasa tmrw. Meanwhile, I got my hands on some Ms-Pro's... my bloodwood sr80i's are giving them a real run for their money. at least 95% as nice, at least..post #21 of 707/3/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #22 of 707/4/11 at 10:20pmQuote:
I took em out on campus once. So a friend could hear them. It wasn't too bad at all. I wouldn't take woodies out, But I would take them with plastic cups.post #23 of 707/4/11 at 10:34pmpost #24 of 707/4/11 at 10:35pmpost #25 of 707/4/11 at 11:03pmpost #26 of 707/4/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
"Closed" pretty much covers that.post #27 of 707/5/11 at 12:09amComfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
Edited by mrtim6 - 7/5/11 at 12:10ampost #28 of 707/5/11 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by mrtim6
Comfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
x2. comfort over anything else other than sqpost #29 of 707/5/11 at 8:06am
Not necessarily, there are some closed headphones especially on-ear ones that have poor isolation. Close headphones don't automatically mean superb isolation.post #30 of 707/5/11 at 9:09amThread Starter
its says in the OP "Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?"Quote:
yes, it could have been a good option, I missed it. luckily active noise isolation is not popular among "audiophiles". but would have been a nice option to add. closed would have to do it by nowReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Quake! Come on, you know you loved it! And I mean Quake 1 and Team... 22 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Corrupt a wish 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 7 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 11 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear