I like em open, just like my at home sets... I have a couple pairs of IEM's when I need the isolation, but I'll grab my modded portapros over them every time.
Related Forum Threads
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable Last post on 11/27/16 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's Last post on 6/5/15 at 6:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM cable management? Last post on 6/25/14 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- C5 or Gratitude? Looking for IEM around $200 Last post on 12/25/13 at 12:35am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll] - Page 2
Poll Results: Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?This is a multiple choice poll
1197 Total Votespost #16 of 706/27/11 at 12:30pm
4% of voters (57)Foldable
8% of voters (102)Small
19% of voters (238)Comfort
5% of voters (71)Detachable cable
16% of voters (202)Build quality
13% of voters (160)Easy to drive (no amp needed)
0% of voters (5)Open
0% of voters (10)Semi-Open
11% of voters (138)Closed
7% of voters (91)Appearance
2% of voters (25)Accessories
3% of voters (46)Replaceable parts
4% of voters (52)iPod compatible
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 706/27/11 at 12:53pmQuote:
Background noise of 62dBA sitting at my PC has caused me to ditch my open phones...post #18 of 706/27/11 at 5:00pmQuote:
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.post #19 of 706/27/11 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrislangley4253
I also tend to not like closed headphones... Although, i'm going to dampen my fostex t50rp's..and see if i can get rid of some of that closed sound. It really bothers me when headphones sound closed, and i've yet to find a closed pair that didn't.. Granted I haven't used that many closed pairs.
Have you tried the Akasa on the inside of the cups yet? It doesn't make them sound "open" but it keeps them from sounding "closed-in".post #20 of 706/27/11 at 5:13pmQuote:
Didn't receive it yet.. should have it tmrw.. I will probably apply some dynamat and then do the baffles tonight with either dynamat or plasticine.. So I can see if I hear a change with that and then I'll do the akasa tmrw. Meanwhile, I got my hands on some Ms-Pro's... my bloodwood sr80i's are giving them a real run for their money. at least 95% as nice, at least..post #21 of 707/3/11 at 1:17pmThread Starterpost #22 of 707/4/11 at 10:20pmQuote:
I took em out on campus once. So a friend could hear them. It wasn't too bad at all. I wouldn't take woodies out, But I would take them with plastic cups.post #23 of 707/4/11 at 10:34pmpost #24 of 707/4/11 at 10:35pmpost #25 of 707/4/11 at 11:03pmpost #26 of 707/4/11 at 11:53pmQuote:
"Closed" pretty much covers that.post #27 of 707/5/11 at 12:09amComfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
Edited by mrtim6 - 7/5/11 at 12:10ampost #28 of 707/5/11 at 12:23amQuote:Originally Posted by mrtim6
Comfort. As I spend nearly 3 hours a day commuting I like to listen in comfort. Build quality would be a close second for me as 15 hours a week of putting on pulling off the headphone could resault in serious wear and tear over time. I think closed would be a close third for me.
x2. comfort over anything else other than sqpost #29 of 707/5/11 at 8:06am
Not necessarily, there are some closed headphones especially on-ear ones that have poor isolation. Close headphones don't automatically mean superb isolation.post #30 of 707/5/11 at 9:09amThread Starter
its says in the OP "Besides the sound, What are the most important features you look for in a portable headphone?"Quote:
yes, it could have been a good option, I missed it. luckily active noise isolation is not popular among "audiophiles". but would have been a nice option to add. closed would have to do it by nowReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The Perfect Portable [a multiple choice poll]
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › cmoy hansen pcbs found! need help 9 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › Need good sound isolation headphones or headset. Preference for... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › i3-2100, h61 motherboard, 8GB DDR3 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear