Unfortunately I do not still have a Concerto.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 7post #91 of 40511/6/11 at 7:17pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 40511/7/11 at 2:10am
That was a shame :-)
I was hoping to find an excuse to (or not to) justify a upgrade from the Concerto in a direct comparison to the Concerto.post #93 of 40511/12/11 at 8:33ampost #94 of 40511/12/11 at 1:24pmpost #95 of 40511/12/11 at 1:59pmpost #96 of 40511/13/11 at 7:06pmpost #97 of 40511/24/11 at 9:31pmpost #98 of 40512/2/11 at 1:43pmpost #99 of 40512/2/11 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by incus
Prices and new pictures are online
€515,- / $715,- outside
EU €595,- inside EU
Does this mean it is ready to be ordered, or is this just the information?post #100 of 40512/2/11 at 3:08pmpost #101 of 40512/2/11 at 4:16pm
With 14dB (5 x) in high gain and 15V max (over 10Vrms) I think this will easily power the Audez'e LCD2 with excellent dynamics, as well as 600 ohm dynamic phones like Beyerdynamic T1. I wonder how it will go with the Hifiman Orthodynamics?
With these power/gain figures it looks perfectly tailored for the Stagedac with its 2.2Vrms output.
I also like the finer step-size of .5dB to go with Jan's terrific volume control.post #102 of 40512/2/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
By my calculation, you can drop the volume to about -34db in low gain mode which will be about 12db louder than the 2Stepdance at minimum volume. I am surprised.
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/2/11 at 4:58pmpost #103 of 40512/2/11 at 5:04pm
Good point. Finer control but I guess it may not get low enough for sensitive IEMs.
Ah well, guess there had to be compromises somewhere. The finer step-size is great for equalizing SPLs between different DACs for example, but that's not something one does very often.post #104 of 40512/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #105 of 40512/2/11 at 9:18pm
Thanks Rob. Looking forward to your review needless to say (but no pressure, especially in view of the new message in your sig!)
Yes I figure over 2W rms into the LCD2 rev 1, slightly more into the LCD3. I understand the HE-6 is certainly a different animal though.
Back to the LCD2, I'm still at odds with some in that I find the Concerto (~960mW rms into rev 1 I figure) has enough enough and great attack. I've never detected clipping. That said, I'm seriously interested in what the Classic will do with its extra power and whatever else Jan has improved.
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 21 seconds ago
- › Need closed back recommendations. 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Stax Sigma 404 modified by Stax 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3