Unfortunately I do not still have a Concerto.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 10/4/14 at 4:50am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 7post #91 of 31611/6/11 at 7:17pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 31611/7/11 at 2:10am
That was a shame :-)
I was hoping to find an excuse to (or not to) justify a upgrade from the Concerto in a direct comparison to the Concerto.post #93 of 31611/12/11 at 8:33ampost #94 of 31611/12/11 at 1:24pmpost #95 of 31611/12/11 at 1:59pmpost #96 of 31611/13/11 at 7:06pmpost #97 of 31611/24/11 at 9:31pmpost #98 of 31612/2/11 at 1:43pmpost #99 of 31612/2/11 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by incus
Prices and new pictures are online
€515,- / $715,- outside
EU €595,- inside EU
Does this mean it is ready to be ordered, or is this just the information?post #100 of 31612/2/11 at 3:08pmpost #101 of 31612/2/11 at 4:16pm
With 14dB (5 x) in high gain and 15V max (over 10Vrms) I think this will easily power the Audez'e LCD2 with excellent dynamics, as well as 600 ohm dynamic phones like Beyerdynamic T1. I wonder how it will go with the Hifiman Orthodynamics?
With these power/gain figures it looks perfectly tailored for the Stagedac with its 2.2Vrms output.
I also like the finer step-size of .5dB to go with Jan's terrific volume control.post #102 of 31612/2/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
By my calculation, you can drop the volume to about -34db in low gain mode which will be about 12db louder than the 2Stepdance at minimum volume. I am surprised.
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/2/11 at 4:58pmpost #103 of 31612/2/11 at 5:04pm
Good point. Finer control but I guess it may not get low enough for sensitive IEMs.
Ah well, guess there had to be compromises somewhere. The finer step-size is great for equalizing SPLs between different DACs for example, but that's not something one does very often.post #104 of 31612/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #105 of 31612/2/11 at 9:18pm
Thanks Rob. Looking forward to your review needless to say (but no pressure, especially in view of the new message in your sig!)
Yes I figure over 2W rms into the LCD2 rev 1, slightly more into the LCD3. I understand the HE-6 is certainly a different animal though.
Back to the LCD2, I'm still at odds with some in that I find the Concerto (~960mW rms into rev 1 I figure) has enough enough and great attack. I've never detected clipping. That said, I'm seriously interested in what the Classic will do with its extra power and whatever else Jan has improved.
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Help! What's the difference between Bluetooth 2.1 and 4.0? 8 seconds ago
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 43 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What creates soundstage in headphones?? 4 minutes ago
- › Dario Miniwatt Amperex GZ32 rectifier 5 minutes ago
- › Combo DAC/Amp solution for mobile source? (CIEMs and Supra-aural cans) 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)