Unfortunately I do not still have a Concerto.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 7post #91 of 46811/6/11 at 7:17pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 46811/7/11 at 2:10am
That was a shame :-)
I was hoping to find an excuse to (or not to) justify a upgrade from the Concerto in a direct comparison to the Concerto.post #93 of 46811/12/11 at 8:33ampost #94 of 46811/12/11 at 1:24pmpost #95 of 46811/12/11 at 1:59pmpost #96 of 46811/13/11 at 7:06pmpost #97 of 46811/24/11 at 9:31pmpost #98 of 46812/2/11 at 1:43pmpost #99 of 46812/2/11 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by incus
Prices and new pictures are online
€515,- / $715,- outside
EU €595,- inside EU
Does this mean it is ready to be ordered, or is this just the information?post #100 of 46812/2/11 at 3:08pmpost #101 of 46812/2/11 at 4:16pm
With 14dB (5 x) in high gain and 15V max (over 10Vrms) I think this will easily power the Audez'e LCD2 with excellent dynamics, as well as 600 ohm dynamic phones like Beyerdynamic T1. I wonder how it will go with the Hifiman Orthodynamics?
With these power/gain figures it looks perfectly tailored for the Stagedac with its 2.2Vrms output.
I also like the finer step-size of .5dB to go with Jan's terrific volume control.post #102 of 46812/2/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
By my calculation, you can drop the volume to about -34db in low gain mode which will be about 12db louder than the 2Stepdance at minimum volume. I am surprised.
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/2/11 at 4:58pmpost #103 of 46812/2/11 at 5:04pm
Good point. Finer control but I guess it may not get low enough for sensitive IEMs.
Ah well, guess there had to be compromises somewhere. The finer step-size is great for equalizing SPLs between different DACs for example, but that's not something one does very often.post #104 of 46812/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #105 of 46812/2/11 at 9:18pm
Thanks Rob. Looking forward to your review needless to say (but no pressure, especially in view of the new message in your sig!)
Yes I figure over 2W rms into the LCD2 rev 1, slightly more into the LCD3. I understand the HE-6 is certainly a different animal though.
Back to the LCD2, I'm still at odds with some in that I find the Concerto (~960mW rms into rev 1 I figure) has enough enough and great attack. I've never detected clipping. That said, I'm seriously interested in what the Classic will do with its extra power and whatever else Jan has improved.
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 seconds ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 16 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo Pre-Launch Worldwide Review Tour - Registrations Closed 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear