Unfortunately I do not still have a Concerto.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 7post #91 of 45811/6/11 at 7:17pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 45811/7/11 at 2:10am
That was a shame :-)
I was hoping to find an excuse to (or not to) justify a upgrade from the Concerto in a direct comparison to the Concerto.post #93 of 45811/12/11 at 8:33ampost #94 of 45811/12/11 at 1:24pmpost #95 of 45811/12/11 at 1:59pmpost #96 of 45811/13/11 at 7:06pmpost #97 of 45811/24/11 at 9:31pmpost #98 of 45812/2/11 at 1:43pmpost #99 of 45812/2/11 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by incus
Prices and new pictures are online
€515,- / $715,- outside
EU €595,- inside EU
Does this mean it is ready to be ordered, or is this just the information?post #100 of 45812/2/11 at 3:08pmpost #101 of 45812/2/11 at 4:16pm
With 14dB (5 x) in high gain and 15V max (over 10Vrms) I think this will easily power the Audez'e LCD2 with excellent dynamics, as well as 600 ohm dynamic phones like Beyerdynamic T1. I wonder how it will go with the Hifiman Orthodynamics?
With these power/gain figures it looks perfectly tailored for the Stagedac with its 2.2Vrms output.
I also like the finer step-size of .5dB to go with Jan's terrific volume control.post #102 of 45812/2/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
By my calculation, you can drop the volume to about -34db in low gain mode which will be about 12db louder than the 2Stepdance at minimum volume. I am surprised.
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/2/11 at 4:58pmpost #103 of 45812/2/11 at 5:04pm
Good point. Finer control but I guess it may not get low enough for sensitive IEMs.
Ah well, guess there had to be compromises somewhere. The finer step-size is great for equalizing SPLs between different DACs for example, but that's not something one does very often.post #104 of 45812/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #105 of 45812/2/11 at 9:18pm
Thanks Rob. Looking forward to your review needless to say (but no pressure, especially in view of the new message in your sig!)
Yes I figure over 2W rms into the LCD2 rev 1, slightly more into the LCD3. I understand the HE-6 is certainly a different animal though.
Back to the LCD2, I'm still at odds with some in that I find the Concerto (~960mW rms into rev 1 I figure) has enough enough and great attack. I've never detected clipping. That said, I'm seriously interested in what the Classic will do with its extra power and whatever else Jan has improved.
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 10 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-7200 45 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › Need some help for my setup 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS2e Reference Series Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Singxer SU-1 DDC Black 6 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear