Unfortunately I do not still have a Concerto.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the C1002, one of 1More's many hybrid offerings. The C1002 utilizes a single balanced armature and single dynamic driver to produce a...
This is the worse purchase i did in audio ever. RHA should be ashamed releasing such a poor quality product. And the audio press should be ashamed not to mention this is well below average ... I...
Preamble: Hidizs Technology (http://www.hidizs.com/) is a Chinese audio manufacturer (mainly digital audio players) that established in early 2014 and is based in Dongguan, China....
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 7post #91 of 45611/6/11 at 7:17pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #92 of 45611/7/11 at 2:10am
That was a shame :-)
I was hoping to find an excuse to (or not to) justify a upgrade from the Concerto in a direct comparison to the Concerto.post #93 of 45611/12/11 at 8:33ampost #94 of 45611/12/11 at 1:24pmpost #95 of 45611/12/11 at 1:59pmpost #96 of 45611/13/11 at 7:06pmpost #97 of 45611/24/11 at 9:31pmpost #98 of 45612/2/11 at 1:43pmpost #99 of 45612/2/11 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by incus
Prices and new pictures are online
€515,- / $715,- outside
EU €595,- inside EU
Does this mean it is ready to be ordered, or is this just the information?post #100 of 45612/2/11 at 3:08pmpost #101 of 45612/2/11 at 4:16pm
With 14dB (5 x) in high gain and 15V max (over 10Vrms) I think this will easily power the Audez'e LCD2 with excellent dynamics, as well as 600 ohm dynamic phones like Beyerdynamic T1. I wonder how it will go with the Hifiman Orthodynamics?
With these power/gain figures it looks perfectly tailored for the Stagedac with its 2.2Vrms output.
I also like the finer step-size of .5dB to go with Jan's terrific volume control.post #102 of 45612/2/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
By my calculation, you can drop the volume to about -34db in low gain mode which will be about 12db louder than the 2Stepdance at minimum volume. I am surprised.
Edited by cooperpwc - 12/2/11 at 4:58pmpost #103 of 45612/2/11 at 5:04pm
Good point. Finer control but I guess it may not get low enough for sensitive IEMs.
Ah well, guess there had to be compromises somewhere. The finer step-size is great for equalizing SPLs between different DACs for example, but that's not something one does very often.post #104 of 45612/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #105 of 45612/2/11 at 9:18pm
Thanks Rob. Looking forward to your review needless to say (but no pressure, especially in view of the new message in your sig!)
Yes I figure over 2W rms into the LCD2 rev 1, slightly more into the LCD3. I understand the HE-6 is certainly a different animal though.
Back to the LCD2, I'm still at odds with some in that I find the Concerto (~960mW rms into rev 1 I figure) has enough enough and great attack. I've never detected clipping. That said, I'm seriously interested in what the Classic will do with its extra power and whatever else Jan has improved.
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Need Help From AudioPhiles 50 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 1 minute ago
- › Thinking of trying out vinyl? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Waterproof headphone under 60$ 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...