Thanks AiDee. So it is therefore an enhancement to cross feed to produce a more natural (perceived) effect but can otherwise be used without cross feed. All good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 6post #76 of 38010/19/11 at 11:38am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 38010/20/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 38010/20/11 at 12:14pm
> This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?
> Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce.
And so it is exactly. Maybe a better name for bass-enhancement would be to "tonal-balance". It is not to be compared to a bass-boost that works only at frequencies below 100 Hz. A headphone that fits the quality of the CLASSIC normally should normally have enough bass by itself and should not need bass-boost at all.
> I want one before christmas!
Maybe you're lucky. It seems that production may start by the end of this month. If all goes well I will have the first batch by the end of November.
I hope to publish more technical details and some pictures from the inside in a couple of days on my website.
Also a production-prototype has been send to our fellow head-fier Skylab. He should receive his copy sometime next week.
Janpost #79 of 38010/20/11 at 12:52pm
This is good news as Skylab also receives the new Audez'e LCD3 for review next week; and like me he has the LCD2 rev 1.
BTW, the CONCERTO is still my preferred amp with my LCD2, and just gets better and better! It sounds as powerful as the LYR despite the large difference in output, which shows there's no reason to have more power than you need. And the transparency, detail and clean transients of CONCERTO are superb.
I can only imagine what CLASSIC might be like! I look forward to more technical details and Rob's review.
Quote:post #80 of 38010/20/11 at 12:59pm
Is there any hint about the price range? I was thinking about getting Spl Phonitor but if this is cheaper (<1500€) and has crossfeed, Im going for this one. Is it digital or analog effect?post #81 of 38010/20/11 at 1:22pmpost #82 of 38010/20/11 at 2:18pmQuote:
For some months ago, Jan told me that it was going to be a little bit more expensive than the Meier Concerto. (It was 595 EUR)Quote:
If you've got some time over, would you mind testing the Classic with the ED8 and write something small about it?
I would really appreciate it.
Edited by Rasmutte - 10/20/11 at 2:29pmpost #83 of 38010/20/11 at 2:35pmQuote:
Sure! That's a good combo to try.post #84 of 38010/20/11 at 2:46pm
Thanks! I hope and think they're a good match (At least I hope so, since the ED8 and the Concerto was a good match? I think that I saw you wrote that some time ago).post #85 of 38010/21/11 at 3:06pmpost #86 of 38011/5/11 at 8:34pmpost #87 of 38011/5/11 at 9:03pmpost #88 of 38011/6/11 at 6:54ampost #89 of 38011/6/11 at 8:29am
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 24 seconds ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Leaving headphones plugged in, turn my mixer on and off? 39 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Wanting to make diy cables for my Alpha Dogs 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New To The World of Audio 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso PB-2 Pelican fully balanced portable, DB-2 Dac . . HiFlight... 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2