Thanks AiDee. So it is therefore an enhancement to cross feed to produce a more natural (perceived) effect but can otherwise be used without cross feed. All good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 6post #76 of 35110/19/11 at 11:38am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 35110/20/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 35110/20/11 at 12:14pm
> This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?
> Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce.
And so it is exactly. Maybe a better name for bass-enhancement would be to "tonal-balance". It is not to be compared to a bass-boost that works only at frequencies below 100 Hz. A headphone that fits the quality of the CLASSIC normally should normally have enough bass by itself and should not need bass-boost at all.
> I want one before christmas!
Maybe you're lucky. It seems that production may start by the end of this month. If all goes well I will have the first batch by the end of November.
I hope to publish more technical details and some pictures from the inside in a couple of days on my website.
Also a production-prototype has been send to our fellow head-fier Skylab. He should receive his copy sometime next week.
Janpost #79 of 35110/20/11 at 12:52pm
This is good news as Skylab also receives the new Audez'e LCD3 for review next week; and like me he has the LCD2 rev 1.
BTW, the CONCERTO is still my preferred amp with my LCD2, and just gets better and better! It sounds as powerful as the LYR despite the large difference in output, which shows there's no reason to have more power than you need. And the transparency, detail and clean transients of CONCERTO are superb.
I can only imagine what CLASSIC might be like! I look forward to more technical details and Rob's review.
Quote:post #80 of 35110/20/11 at 12:59pm
Is there any hint about the price range? I was thinking about getting Spl Phonitor but if this is cheaper (<1500€) and has crossfeed, Im going for this one. Is it digital or analog effect?post #81 of 35110/20/11 at 1:22pmpost #82 of 35110/20/11 at 2:18pmQuote:
For some months ago, Jan told me that it was going to be a little bit more expensive than the Meier Concerto. (It was 595 EUR)Quote:
If you've got some time over, would you mind testing the Classic with the ED8 and write something small about it?
I would really appreciate it.
Edited by Rasmutte - 10/20/11 at 2:29pmpost #83 of 35110/20/11 at 2:35pmQuote:
Sure! That's a good combo to try.post #84 of 35110/20/11 at 2:46pm
Thanks! I hope and think they're a good match (At least I hope so, since the ED8 and the Concerto was a good match? I think that I saw you wrote that some time ago).post #85 of 35110/21/11 at 3:06pmpost #86 of 35111/5/11 at 8:34pmpost #87 of 35111/5/11 at 9:03pmpost #88 of 35111/6/11 at 6:54ampost #89 of 35111/6/11 at 8:29am
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 15 seconds ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 32 seconds ago
- › taylor swift? 1 minute ago
- › Looking for my frist upgrade! 1 minute ago
- › Linear Soundstage 1 minute ago
- › 150$ CAD in-ear 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)