Thanks AiDee. So it is therefore an enhancement to cross feed to produce a more natural (perceived) effect but can otherwise be used without cross feed. All good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 6post #76 of 31010/19/11 at 11:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 31010/20/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 31010/20/11 at 12:14pm
> This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?
> Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce.
And so it is exactly. Maybe a better name for bass-enhancement would be to "tonal-balance". It is not to be compared to a bass-boost that works only at frequencies below 100 Hz. A headphone that fits the quality of the CLASSIC normally should normally have enough bass by itself and should not need bass-boost at all.
> I want one before christmas!
Maybe you're lucky. It seems that production may start by the end of this month. If all goes well I will have the first batch by the end of November.
I hope to publish more technical details and some pictures from the inside in a couple of days on my website.
Also a production-prototype has been send to our fellow head-fier Skylab. He should receive his copy sometime next week.
Janpost #79 of 31010/20/11 at 12:52pm
This is good news as Skylab also receives the new Audez'e LCD3 for review next week; and like me he has the LCD2 rev 1.
BTW, the CONCERTO is still my preferred amp with my LCD2, and just gets better and better! It sounds as powerful as the LYR despite the large difference in output, which shows there's no reason to have more power than you need. And the transparency, detail and clean transients of CONCERTO are superb.
I can only imagine what CLASSIC might be like! I look forward to more technical details and Rob's review.
Quote:post #80 of 31010/20/11 at 12:59pm
Is there any hint about the price range? I was thinking about getting Spl Phonitor but if this is cheaper (<1500€) and has crossfeed, Im going for this one. Is it digital or analog effect?post #81 of 31010/20/11 at 1:22pmpost #82 of 31010/20/11 at 2:18pmQuote:
For some months ago, Jan told me that it was going to be a little bit more expensive than the Meier Concerto. (It was 595 EUR)Quote:
If you've got some time over, would you mind testing the Classic with the ED8 and write something small about it?
I would really appreciate it.
Edited by Rasmutte - 10/20/11 at 2:29pmpost #83 of 31010/20/11 at 2:35pmQuote:
Sure! That's a good combo to try.post #84 of 31010/20/11 at 2:46pm
Thanks! I hope and think they're a good match (At least I hope so, since the ED8 and the Concerto was a good match? I think that I saw you wrote that some time ago).post #85 of 31010/21/11 at 3:06pmpost #86 of 31011/5/11 at 8:34pmpost #87 of 31011/5/11 at 9:03pmpost #88 of 31011/6/11 at 6:54ampost #89 of 31011/6/11 at 8:29am
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › considering external drives 52 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › (Help Please!) Recommendations for speakers and speaker cables from... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 or Grados SR80 for Rock and Electronica. 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer USB DAC - new lower price- or best offer! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)