Thanks AiDee. So it is therefore an enhancement to cross feed to produce a more natural (perceived) effect but can otherwise be used without cross feed. All good!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Commercial brands are pretty much like IT girls: should one of them flash her bare belly in the street, the next day the whole town would follow to vast enjoyment of the «other half of mankind»,...
Cayin can definitely organise master-classes "how to succeed on personal audio market". Of course with their experience on serious hi-fi market, taking over portable niche isn't hard, but so many...
Looks: 10 These look really good and matured in design. The carbon fiber earcups especially (when not covered in fingerprints) Can't go wrong with all black. What concerns me a little is how long...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 6post #76 of 45610/19/11 at 11:38am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #77 of 45610/20/11 at 11:46ampost #78 of 45610/20/11 at 12:14pm
> This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?
> Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce.
And so it is exactly. Maybe a better name for bass-enhancement would be to "tonal-balance". It is not to be compared to a bass-boost that works only at frequencies below 100 Hz. A headphone that fits the quality of the CLASSIC normally should normally have enough bass by itself and should not need bass-boost at all.
> I want one before christmas!
Maybe you're lucky. It seems that production may start by the end of this month. If all goes well I will have the first batch by the end of November.
I hope to publish more technical details and some pictures from the inside in a couple of days on my website.
Also a production-prototype has been send to our fellow head-fier Skylab. He should receive his copy sometime next week.
Janpost #79 of 45610/20/11 at 12:52pm
This is good news as Skylab also receives the new Audez'e LCD3 for review next week; and like me he has the LCD2 rev 1.
BTW, the CONCERTO is still my preferred amp with my LCD2, and just gets better and better! It sounds as powerful as the LYR despite the large difference in output, which shows there's no reason to have more power than you need. And the transparency, detail and clean transients of CONCERTO are superb.
I can only imagine what CLASSIC might be like! I look forward to more technical details and Rob's review.
Quote:post #80 of 45610/20/11 at 12:59pm
Is there any hint about the price range? I was thinking about getting Spl Phonitor but if this is cheaper (<1500€) and has crossfeed, Im going for this one. Is it digital or analog effect?post #81 of 45610/20/11 at 1:22pmpost #82 of 45610/20/11 at 2:18pmQuote:
For some months ago, Jan told me that it was going to be a little bit more expensive than the Meier Concerto. (It was 595 EUR)Quote:
If you've got some time over, would you mind testing the Classic with the ED8 and write something small about it?
I would really appreciate it.
Edited by Rasmutte - 10/20/11 at 2:29pmpost #83 of 45610/20/11 at 2:35pmQuote:
Sure! That's a good combo to try.post #84 of 45610/20/11 at 2:46pm
Thanks! I hope and think they're a good match (At least I hope so, since the ED8 and the Concerto was a good match? I think that I saw you wrote that some time ago).post #85 of 45610/21/11 at 3:06pmpost #86 of 45611/5/11 at 8:34pmpost #87 of 45611/5/11 at 9:03pmpost #88 of 45611/6/11 at 6:54ampost #89 of 45611/6/11 at 8:29am
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 30 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D Gold with Screen Protector and Cowon Blue Leather Case 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...