It's odd because they appear to be the same symbol instead of the larger vs smaller waveform that Jan uses to typically indicate high vs low gain (see the center button in the picture).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 5post #61 of 31210/17/11 at 3:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 31210/17/11 at 4:09pmpost #63 of 31210/17/11 at 4:15pm
Taking a hint from the StageDAC, and considering it's on the cross-feed side, it may be intensity or perhaps a combination of delay/intensity.
Likely Jan will see these questions and clarify at some point...post #64 of 31210/18/11 at 4:34ampost #65 of 31210/18/11 at 8:26ampost #66 of 31210/18/11 at 6:03pmpost #67 of 31210/18/11 at 11:27pmpost #68 of 31210/19/11 at 12:01ampost #69 of 31210/19/11 at 1:11am
it's nice if life has some mysteries left. But nonetheless a short description of the control elements on the CLASSIC:
From the left to the right:
- input selection switch (2 pairs of inputs)
- crossfeed intensity
lower position: Medium
middle position: Stereo (crossfeed off)
upper position: High
lower position: Medium
middle position: Flat (enhancement off)
upper position: High
- Headphone socket
- Volume control
Janpost #70 of 31210/19/11 at 1:14ampost #71 of 31210/19/11 at 2:59ampost #72 of 31210/19/11 at 7:21am
Lots to be sorry about. ;-)
This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?post #73 of 31210/19/11 at 7:53amQuote:
The bass boost on StageDAC is a separate feature apart from cross-feed.post #74 of 31210/19/11 at 8:31ampost #75 of 31210/19/11 at 10:31am
Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce. You can find this discussed in the section 'Tonal balance' in the STAGEDAC manual.
I believe Jan is saying this is psychoacoustic rather than real loss (I hope Jan does not mind this quote): "In headphone mode signals that are no longer present in one channel only....no longer stand out and this may feel as if the energy in the frequency range below 2 kHz is slightly reduced. This can be compensated by the ... switch..."
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 with Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohm 1 minute ago
- › Production programs? 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 2 minutes ago
- › JH13 compared to UERM 2 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 4 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)