It's odd because they appear to be the same symbol instead of the larger vs smaller waveform that Jan uses to typically indicate high vs low gain (see the center button in the picture).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
880s are part of the classic trio , 6XX-7XX and of course the 880s , I have all those headphones , my all time favourite might be the 650s but I have tons and tons of respect for the...
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 5post #61 of 31010/17/11 at 3:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 31010/17/11 at 4:09pmpost #63 of 31010/17/11 at 4:15pm
Taking a hint from the StageDAC, and considering it's on the cross-feed side, it may be intensity or perhaps a combination of delay/intensity.
Likely Jan will see these questions and clarify at some point...post #64 of 31010/18/11 at 4:34ampost #65 of 31010/18/11 at 8:26ampost #66 of 31010/18/11 at 6:03pmpost #67 of 31010/18/11 at 11:27pmpost #68 of 31010/19/11 at 12:01ampost #69 of 31010/19/11 at 1:11am
it's nice if life has some mysteries left. But nonetheless a short description of the control elements on the CLASSIC:
From the left to the right:
- input selection switch (2 pairs of inputs)
- crossfeed intensity
lower position: Medium
middle position: Stereo (crossfeed off)
upper position: High
lower position: Medium
middle position: Flat (enhancement off)
upper position: High
- Headphone socket
- Volume control
Janpost #70 of 31010/19/11 at 1:14ampost #71 of 31010/19/11 at 2:59ampost #72 of 31010/19/11 at 7:21am
Lots to be sorry about. ;-)
This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?post #73 of 31010/19/11 at 7:53amQuote:
The bass boost on StageDAC is a separate feature apart from cross-feed.post #74 of 31010/19/11 at 8:31ampost #75 of 31010/19/11 at 10:31am
Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce. You can find this discussed in the section 'Tonal balance' in the STAGEDAC manual.
I believe Jan is saying this is psychoacoustic rather than real loss (I hope Jan does not mind this quote): "In headphone mode signals that are no longer present in one channel only....no longer stand out and this may feel as if the energy in the frequency range below 2 kHz is slightly reduced. This can be compensated by the ... switch..."
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 8 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › What kinds of headphones are used in a professional audio... 1 minute ago
- › What headphones would I like if I listen to this kind of music? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for original Etymotic ER4 cable 5 minutes ago
- › Let me Introduce myself and please help me to choose my Headphone !!! 5 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)