It's odd because they appear to be the same symbol instead of the larger vs smaller waveform that Jan uses to typically indicate high vs low gain (see the center button in the picture).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 5post #61 of 38010/17/11 at 3:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 38010/17/11 at 4:09pmpost #63 of 38010/17/11 at 4:15pm
Taking a hint from the StageDAC, and considering it's on the cross-feed side, it may be intensity or perhaps a combination of delay/intensity.
Likely Jan will see these questions and clarify at some point...post #64 of 38010/18/11 at 4:34ampost #65 of 38010/18/11 at 8:26ampost #66 of 38010/18/11 at 6:03pmpost #67 of 38010/18/11 at 11:27pmpost #68 of 38010/19/11 at 12:01ampost #69 of 38010/19/11 at 1:11am
it's nice if life has some mysteries left. But nonetheless a short description of the control elements on the CLASSIC:
From the left to the right:
- input selection switch (2 pairs of inputs)
- crossfeed intensity
lower position: Medium
middle position: Stereo (crossfeed off)
upper position: High
lower position: Medium
middle position: Flat (enhancement off)
upper position: High
- Headphone socket
- Volume control
Janpost #70 of 38010/19/11 at 1:14ampost #71 of 38010/19/11 at 2:59ampost #72 of 38010/19/11 at 7:21am
Lots to be sorry about. ;-)
This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?post #73 of 38010/19/11 at 7:53amQuote:
The bass boost on StageDAC is a separate feature apart from cross-feed.post #74 of 38010/19/11 at 8:31ampost #75 of 38010/19/11 at 10:31am
Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce. You can find this discussed in the section 'Tonal balance' in the STAGEDAC manual.
I believe Jan is saying this is psychoacoustic rather than real loss (I hope Jan does not mind this quote): "In headphone mode signals that are no longer present in one channel only....no longer stand out and this may feel as if the energy in the frequency range below 2 kHz is slightly reduced. This can be compensated by the ... switch..."
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › looking for a pair of headphones under €400 just now
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 2 seconds ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 31 seconds ago
- › Portable amp/dac with line level that can also be used as desktop dac 39 seconds ago
- › Introducing the world's first LEAR patented -NSS(Natural Stereo... 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Interview With Sony: NW-ZX2... Your Questions Answered 5 minutes ago
- › Best Audio Converter Needed 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7506 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2