It's odd because they appear to be the same symbol instead of the larger vs smaller waveform that Jan uses to typically indicate high vs low gain (see the center button in the picture).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 5post #61 of 40510/17/11 at 3:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 40510/17/11 at 4:09pmpost #63 of 40510/17/11 at 4:15pm
Taking a hint from the StageDAC, and considering it's on the cross-feed side, it may be intensity or perhaps a combination of delay/intensity.
Likely Jan will see these questions and clarify at some point...post #64 of 40510/18/11 at 4:34ampost #65 of 40510/18/11 at 8:26ampost #66 of 40510/18/11 at 6:03pmpost #67 of 40510/18/11 at 11:27pmpost #68 of 40510/19/11 at 12:01am
If it's the gain switch, what's the one immediately left of the volume control?
Maybe we should take bets until Jan puts us out of our miserypost #69 of 40510/19/11 at 1:11am
it's nice if life has some mysteries left. But nonetheless a short description of the control elements on the CLASSIC:
From the left to the right:
- input selection switch (2 pairs of inputs)
- crossfeed intensity
lower position: Medium
middle position: Stereo (crossfeed off)
upper position: High
lower position: Medium
middle position: Flat (enhancement off)
upper position: High
- Headphone socket
- Volume control
Janpost #70 of 40510/19/11 at 1:14ampost #71 of 40510/19/11 at 2:59ampost #72 of 40510/19/11 at 7:21am
Lots to be sorry about. ;-)
This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?post #73 of 40510/19/11 at 7:53amQuote:
The bass boost on StageDAC is a separate feature apart from cross-feed.post #74 of 40510/19/11 at 8:31ampost #75 of 40510/19/11 at 10:31am
Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce. You can find this discussed in the section 'Tonal balance' in the STAGEDAC manual.
I believe Jan is saying this is psychoacoustic rather than real loss (I hope Jan does not mind this quote): "In headphone mode signals that are no longer present in one channel only....no longer stand out and this may feel as if the energy in the frequency range below 2 kHz is slightly reduced. This can be compensated by the ... switch..."
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 18 seconds ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 48 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Etymotic ER4PT, Fidue A83 or Shure SE425? 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SCL3 Need TO sell TODAy 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2