It's odd because they appear to be the same symbol instead of the larger vs smaller waveform that Jan uses to typically indicate high vs low gain (see the center button in the picture).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 5post #61 of 40510/17/11 at 3:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 40510/17/11 at 4:09pmpost #63 of 40510/17/11 at 4:15pm
Taking a hint from the StageDAC, and considering it's on the cross-feed side, it may be intensity or perhaps a combination of delay/intensity.
Likely Jan will see these questions and clarify at some point...post #64 of 40510/18/11 at 4:34ampost #65 of 40510/18/11 at 8:26ampost #66 of 40510/18/11 at 6:03pmpost #67 of 40510/18/11 at 11:27pmpost #68 of 40510/19/11 at 12:01am
If it's the gain switch, what's the one immediately left of the volume control?
Maybe we should take bets until Jan puts us out of our miserypost #69 of 40510/19/11 at 1:11am
it's nice if life has some mysteries left. But nonetheless a short description of the control elements on the CLASSIC:
From the left to the right:
- input selection switch (2 pairs of inputs)
- crossfeed intensity
lower position: Medium
middle position: Stereo (crossfeed off)
upper position: High
lower position: Medium
middle position: Flat (enhancement off)
upper position: High
- Headphone socket
- Volume control
Janpost #70 of 40510/19/11 at 1:14ampost #71 of 40510/19/11 at 2:59ampost #72 of 40510/19/11 at 7:21am
Lots to be sorry about. ;-)
This is a nice feature. I wonder: does it relate to making the cross-feed more natural or is it an entirely separate enhancement?post #73 of 40510/19/11 at 7:53amQuote:
The bass boost on StageDAC is a separate feature apart from cross-feed.post #74 of 40510/19/11 at 8:31ampost #75 of 40510/19/11 at 10:31am
Certainly it's separately operable, but its intention is to compensate for some perceived slight energy loss below 2kHz which Jan's cross feed circuits may produce. You can find this discussed in the section 'Tonal balance' in the STAGEDAC manual.
I believe Jan is saying this is psychoacoustic rather than real loss (I hope Jan does not mind this quote): "In headphone mode signals that are no longer present in one channel only....no longer stand out and this may feel as if the energy in the frequency range below 2 kHz is slightly reduced. This can be compensated by the ... switch..."
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2