Just wanted to give Jan a thumbs up for sending the Corda Classic to my friend in the UK. He loves it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 16post #226 of 3422/16/14 at 2:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 3422/16/14 at 3:02ampost #228 of 3422/16/14 at 11:16amNo-one that I recall. I briefly compared V100 and Classic (level-matched) in response to a PM - don't think I reported it here. Classic considerably better in terms of sound-stage and control through the range (e.g. tight bass), IIRC. Simply better.
The V100 hasn't got much press on head-fi, as the V200 got noticed around the same time. There was a thread or two some years ago. One of the thread-starters did a nice, thorough review of the 100 IIRC, subsequently moved on to the V200 and - initially at least - thought the differences were subtle (e.g. tighter bass, again!).
OTOH, several other head-fiers who heard both thought the V200 a lot better. But these were impressions rather than full-scale comparisons.
In other words, my quick comparison of the Classic and V100 might or might not be any value wrt the V200!post #229 of 3422/28/14 at 1:23ampost #230 of 3423/5/14 at 2:21am
Any comments on Lieven's recent daccord & corda classic review on headphonia?
According to him "Violectric V200 is more powerful and has a more dynamic sound signature with bigger body and bass and a more smooth and musical sound".
He also finds the classic more suitable for dynamic headphones than planar headphones like he-500 and lcd-2, which he finds "missing in the lower frequencies" with classic.post #231 of 3423/5/14 at 2:27amQuote:
I don't agree with the HE 500 part. Have used the Classic with HE 500 & thought it was a very good pairing, in fact I thought it better than the LYR with HE 500 (the Lyr is recommended as one of the best value amps for HE 500 on the HE 500 thread).post #232 of 3423/5/14 at 11:48amI find the Classic very good with LCD2: surprised to hear it is "missing in the lower frequencies".
However, I've only heard the V100. V200 might be much better than the 100.post #233 of 3423/5/14 at 11:52ampost #234 of 3423/5/14 at 12:12pmOne of my head-fi buddies - a one-time sound mixer - found the V200 and LCD2.2 an exceptional combination, this with the WFS DAC2 as source.
I have an amp that betters the Classic with LCD2...but cost me twice (nowadays thrice) as much.post #235 of 3423/5/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
May I ask which one? One of your Decwares, perhaps?post #236 of 3423/5/14 at 5:28pmYes, Taboo. Deep, tight bass; extended, sparkling treble. Overall, the presentation is more 'vivid', almost as if tracks get decompressed to some degree. Same applies to the other Decware (CSP2) with Beyer T1.
These amps are very responsive to tube-rolling. In my case, I prefer a more-or-less neutral signature: definitely not 'tubey' or syrupy or warm. And that's how I've tuned them.
I'm sure the Decwares aren't truly neutral in the same sense as well-executed SS amps, but - as tuned - the differences aren't obvious.
The Classic is just a darn good amp though, which I'm happy to listen to. As well, it acts as a 'standard'. So I know when the Decwares are drifting due to tube-age or whatever. I expect to keep the Classic (and the Decwares) for a long time.post #237 of 3423/5/14 at 6:29pmpost #238 of 3423/6/14 at 1:20am
Your comments give support to my supposition concerning Lieven's review on the Classic: if you like more neutral sounding amps like the Classic, you are more likely not to find hp's like he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies, but if you are like Lieven and you like amps which somehow are "colouring" and perhaps somehow emphasizing lower frequencies and giving you therefore a sensation that the bass has more body and texture, then you can find he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies with the Classic.
What do you think, am I on the right track here or just completely lost?post #239 of 3423/6/14 at 1:32ampost #240 of 3423/6/14 at 1:51pm^^ Makes sense to me 314Stone.
It's not always possible to reconcile reviews and impressions that disagree. There's just too much information left out or not measurable., e.g. it's possible different brains 'decode' (perceive) differently even if, somehow, we could claim the sensory stream is the same.
This is speculative, but maybe this contributes something: recently I added a new DAC to my system, the BMC PureDAC. I was staggered how much more I can hear (a) low-level information; (b) bass and lower-mid detail and texture. My first thought about point (b) was the BMC is 'bass heavy'. However, I'm sure this is not the case: it doesn't present unnatural quantities of bass. What differs is the amount of information e.g. detail, which I think makes it seem as though there is more bass. It's like a photograph with parts suddenly brought into sharper focus, making those parts stand out more.
The point about the Taboo versus the Classic is that although I find the Taboo more 'vivid' - in comparison the dynamics are perhaps a touch exaggerated? - and just a little more detailed, as I've tuned it it has the same overall balance as the Classic. No obvious coloration. This makes them quite compatible partners I find...
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for excellent noise-isolation and good comfort,... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 5 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3