Just wanted to give Jan a thumbs up for sending the Corda Classic to my friend in the UK. He loves it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 7/16/13 at 4:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S5 Disclaimer: I’d like to thank Brainwavz for contacting and offering the review sample. The Brainwavz S5 is the latest addition to the Brainwavz stable of in-ears. It takes...
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 16post #226 of 3122/16/14 at 2:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #227 of 3122/16/14 at 3:02ampost #228 of 3122/16/14 at 11:16amNo-one that I recall. I briefly compared V100 and Classic (level-matched) in response to a PM - don't think I reported it here. Classic considerably better in terms of sound-stage and control through the range (e.g. tight bass), IIRC. Simply better.
The V100 hasn't got much press on head-fi, as the V200 got noticed around the same time. There was a thread or two some years ago. One of the thread-starters did a nice, thorough review of the 100 IIRC, subsequently moved on to the V200 and - initially at least - thought the differences were subtle (e.g. tighter bass, again!).
OTOH, several other head-fiers who heard both thought the V200 a lot better. But these were impressions rather than full-scale comparisons.
In other words, my quick comparison of the Classic and V100 might or might not be any value wrt the V200!post #229 of 3122/28/14 at 1:23ampost #230 of 3123/5/14 at 2:21am
Any comments on Lieven's recent daccord & corda classic review on headphonia?
According to him "Violectric V200 is more powerful and has a more dynamic sound signature with bigger body and bass and a more smooth and musical sound".
He also finds the classic more suitable for dynamic headphones than planar headphones like he-500 and lcd-2, which he finds "missing in the lower frequencies" with classic.post #231 of 3123/5/14 at 2:27amQuote:
I don't agree with the HE 500 part. Have used the Classic with HE 500 & thought it was a very good pairing, in fact I thought it better than the LYR with HE 500 (the Lyr is recommended as one of the best value amps for HE 500 on the HE 500 thread).post #232 of 3123/5/14 at 11:48ampost #233 of 3123/5/14 at 11:52ampost #234 of 3123/5/14 at 12:12pmOne of my head-fi buddies - a one-time sound mixer - found the V200 and LCD2.2 an exceptional combination, this with the WFS DAC2 as source.
I have an amp that betters the Classic with LCD2...but cost me twice (nowadays thrice) as much.post #235 of 3123/5/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
May I ask which one? One of your Decwares, perhaps?post #236 of 3123/5/14 at 5:28pmYes, Taboo. Deep, tight bass; extended, sparkling treble. Overall, the presentation is more 'vivid', almost as if tracks get decompressed to some degree. Same applies to the other Decware (CSP2) with Beyer T1.
These amps are very responsive to tube-rolling. In my case, I prefer a more-or-less neutral signature: definitely not 'tubey' or syrupy or warm. And that's how I've tuned them.
I'm sure the Decwares aren't truly neutral in the same sense as well-executed SS amps, but - as tuned - the differences aren't obvious.
The Classic is just a darn good amp though, which I'm happy to listen to. As well, it acts as a 'standard'. So I know when the Decwares are drifting due to tube-age or whatever. I expect to keep the Classic (and the Decwares) for a long time.post #237 of 3123/5/14 at 6:29pmpost #238 of 3123/6/14 at 1:20am
Your comments give support to my supposition concerning Lieven's review on the Classic: if you like more neutral sounding amps like the Classic, you are more likely not to find hp's like he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies, but if you are like Lieven and you like amps which somehow are "colouring" and perhaps somehow emphasizing lower frequencies and giving you therefore a sensation that the bass has more body and texture, then you can find he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies with the Classic.
What do you think, am I on the right track here or just completely lost?post #239 of 3123/6/14 at 1:32ampost #240 of 3123/6/14 at 1:51pm^^ Makes sense to me 314Stone.
It's not always possible to reconcile reviews and impressions that disagree. There's just too much information left out or not measurable., e.g. it's possible different brains 'decode' (perceive) differently even if, somehow, we could claim the sensory stream is the same.
This is speculative, but maybe this contributes something: recently I added a new DAC to my system, the BMC PureDAC. I was staggered how much more I can hear (a) low-level information; (b) bass and lower-mid detail and texture. My first thought about point (b) was the BMC is 'bass heavy'. However, I'm sure this is not the case: it doesn't present unnatural quantities of bass. What differs is the amount of information e.g. detail, which I think makes it seem as though there is more bass. It's like a photograph with parts suddenly brought into sharper focus, making those parts stand out more.
The point about the Taboo versus the Classic is that although I find the Taboo more 'vivid' - in comparison the dynamics are perhaps a touch exaggerated? - and just a little more detailed, as I've tuned it it has the same overall balance as the Classic. No obvious coloration. This makes them quite compatible partners I find...
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 16 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 25 seconds ago
- › Close listening, majorly for games, a little bit of music and... 1 minute ago
- › Your Earliest Barbecue Memory? 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 2 minutes ago
- › Electrocompanient ECD-1 DAC with Empirical Audio "Turbo-Mod" 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › How fast does the gum heal after a tooth extraction? 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)