Just wanted to give Jan a thumbs up for sending the Corda Classic to my friend in the UK. He loves it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 16post #226 of 4392/16/14 at 2:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 4392/16/14 at 3:02ampost #228 of 4392/16/14 at 11:16amNo-one that I recall. I briefly compared V100 and Classic (level-matched) in response to a PM - don't think I reported it here. Classic considerably better in terms of sound-stage and control through the range (e.g. tight bass), IIRC. Simply better.
The V100 hasn't got much press on head-fi, as the V200 got noticed around the same time. There was a thread or two some years ago. One of the thread-starters did a nice, thorough review of the 100 IIRC, subsequently moved on to the V200 and - initially at least - thought the differences were subtle (e.g. tighter bass, again!).
OTOH, several other head-fiers who heard both thought the V200 a lot better. But these were impressions rather than full-scale comparisons.
In other words, my quick comparison of the Classic and V100 might or might not be any value wrt the V200!post #229 of 4392/28/14 at 1:23ampost #230 of 4393/5/14 at 2:21am
Any comments on Lieven's recent daccord & corda classic review on headphonia?
According to him "Violectric V200 is more powerful and has a more dynamic sound signature with bigger body and bass and a more smooth and musical sound".
He also finds the classic more suitable for dynamic headphones than planar headphones like he-500 and lcd-2, which he finds "missing in the lower frequencies" with classic.post #231 of 4393/5/14 at 2:27amQuote:
I don't agree with the HE 500 part. Have used the Classic with HE 500 & thought it was a very good pairing, in fact I thought it better than the LYR with HE 500 (the Lyr is recommended as one of the best value amps for HE 500 on the HE 500 thread).post #232 of 4393/5/14 at 11:48amI find the Classic very good with LCD2: surprised to hear it is "missing in the lower frequencies".
However, I've only heard the V100. V200 might be much better than the 100.post #233 of 4393/5/14 at 11:52ampost #234 of 4393/5/14 at 12:12pmOne of my head-fi buddies - a one-time sound mixer - found the V200 and LCD2.2 an exceptional combination, this with the WFS DAC2 as source.
I have an amp that betters the Classic with LCD2...but cost me twice (nowadays thrice) as much.post #235 of 4393/5/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
May I ask which one? One of your Decwares, perhaps?post #236 of 4393/5/14 at 5:28pmYes, Taboo. Deep, tight bass; extended, sparkling treble. Overall, the presentation is more 'vivid', almost as if tracks get decompressed to some degree. Same applies to the other Decware (CSP2) with Beyer T1.
These amps are very responsive to tube-rolling. In my case, I prefer a more-or-less neutral signature: definitely not 'tubey' or syrupy or warm. And that's how I've tuned them.
I'm sure the Decwares aren't truly neutral in the same sense as well-executed SS amps, but - as tuned - the differences aren't obvious.
The Classic is just a darn good amp though, which I'm happy to listen to. As well, it acts as a 'standard'. So I know when the Decwares are drifting due to tube-age or whatever. I expect to keep the Classic (and the Decwares) for a long time.post #237 of 4393/5/14 at 6:29pmpost #238 of 4393/6/14 at 1:20am
Your comments give support to my supposition concerning Lieven's review on the Classic: if you like more neutral sounding amps like the Classic, you are more likely not to find hp's like he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies, but if you are like Lieven and you like amps which somehow are "colouring" and perhaps somehow emphasizing lower frequencies and giving you therefore a sensation that the bass has more body and texture, then you can find he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies with the Classic.
What do you think, am I on the right track here or just completely lost?post #239 of 4393/6/14 at 1:32ampost #240 of 4393/6/14 at 1:51pm^^ Makes sense to me 314Stone.
It's not always possible to reconcile reviews and impressions that disagree. There's just too much information left out or not measurable., e.g. it's possible different brains 'decode' (perceive) differently even if, somehow, we could claim the sensory stream is the same.
This is speculative, but maybe this contributes something: recently I added a new DAC to my system, the BMC PureDAC. I was staggered how much more I can hear (a) low-level information; (b) bass and lower-mid detail and texture. My first thought about point (b) was the BMC is 'bass heavy'. However, I'm sure this is not the case: it doesn't present unnatural quantities of bass. What differs is the amount of information e.g. detail, which I think makes it seem as though there is more bass. It's like a photograph with parts suddenly brought into sharper focus, making those parts stand out more.
The point about the Taboo versus the Classic is that although I find the Taboo more 'vivid' - in comparison the dynamics are perhaps a touch exaggerated? - and just a little more detailed, as I've tuned it it has the same overall balance as the Classic. No obvious coloration. This makes them quite compatible partners I find...
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 9 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amp - July 2016 2 minutes ago
- › TOTL HP Shootout 2: Abyss, HEK, HEX, HD800S, HD800 Heavy Mod, HD800... 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › My haphazard journey into turning a Sennheiser HD 800 into a HD... 3 minutes ago
- › New HTC 10--Audio Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Large text font firmware for X1 & X3 2nd gen 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...