Just wanted to give Jan a thumbs up for sending the Corda Classic to my friend in the UK. He loves it!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Woo Audio wa6se and headphone synergy Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Should I Choose WA2 or WA6-SE? (Closed) Last post on 6/5/13 at 12:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- best amp for hd 800 Last post on 5/16/15 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 16post #226 of 4322/16/14 at 2:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #227 of 4322/16/14 at 3:02ampost #228 of 4322/16/14 at 11:16amNo-one that I recall. I briefly compared V100 and Classic (level-matched) in response to a PM - don't think I reported it here. Classic considerably better in terms of sound-stage and control through the range (e.g. tight bass), IIRC. Simply better.
The V100 hasn't got much press on head-fi, as the V200 got noticed around the same time. There was a thread or two some years ago. One of the thread-starters did a nice, thorough review of the 100 IIRC, subsequently moved on to the V200 and - initially at least - thought the differences were subtle (e.g. tighter bass, again!).
OTOH, several other head-fiers who heard both thought the V200 a lot better. But these were impressions rather than full-scale comparisons.
In other words, my quick comparison of the Classic and V100 might or might not be any value wrt the V200!post #229 of 4322/28/14 at 1:23ampost #230 of 4323/5/14 at 2:21am
Any comments on Lieven's recent daccord & corda classic review on headphonia?
According to him "Violectric V200 is more powerful and has a more dynamic sound signature with bigger body and bass and a more smooth and musical sound".
He also finds the classic more suitable for dynamic headphones than planar headphones like he-500 and lcd-2, which he finds "missing in the lower frequencies" with classic.post #231 of 4323/5/14 at 2:27amQuote:
I don't agree with the HE 500 part. Have used the Classic with HE 500 & thought it was a very good pairing, in fact I thought it better than the LYR with HE 500 (the Lyr is recommended as one of the best value amps for HE 500 on the HE 500 thread).post #232 of 4323/5/14 at 11:48amI find the Classic very good with LCD2: surprised to hear it is "missing in the lower frequencies".
However, I've only heard the V100. V200 might be much better than the 100.post #233 of 4323/5/14 at 11:52ampost #234 of 4323/5/14 at 12:12pmOne of my head-fi buddies - a one-time sound mixer - found the V200 and LCD2.2 an exceptional combination, this with the WFS DAC2 as source.
I have an amp that betters the Classic with LCD2...but cost me twice (nowadays thrice) as much.post #235 of 4323/5/14 at 4:54pmQuote:
May I ask which one? One of your Decwares, perhaps?post #236 of 4323/5/14 at 5:28pmYes, Taboo. Deep, tight bass; extended, sparkling treble. Overall, the presentation is more 'vivid', almost as if tracks get decompressed to some degree. Same applies to the other Decware (CSP2) with Beyer T1.
These amps are very responsive to tube-rolling. In my case, I prefer a more-or-less neutral signature: definitely not 'tubey' or syrupy or warm. And that's how I've tuned them.
I'm sure the Decwares aren't truly neutral in the same sense as well-executed SS amps, but - as tuned - the differences aren't obvious.
The Classic is just a darn good amp though, which I'm happy to listen to. As well, it acts as a 'standard'. So I know when the Decwares are drifting due to tube-age or whatever. I expect to keep the Classic (and the Decwares) for a long time.post #237 of 4323/5/14 at 6:29pmpost #238 of 4323/6/14 at 1:20am
Your comments give support to my supposition concerning Lieven's review on the Classic: if you like more neutral sounding amps like the Classic, you are more likely not to find hp's like he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies, but if you are like Lieven and you like amps which somehow are "colouring" and perhaps somehow emphasizing lower frequencies and giving you therefore a sensation that the bass has more body and texture, then you can find he500 and lcd2 missing in lower frequencies with the Classic.
What do you think, am I on the right track here or just completely lost?post #239 of 4323/6/14 at 1:32ampost #240 of 4323/6/14 at 1:51pm^^ Makes sense to me 314Stone.
It's not always possible to reconcile reviews and impressions that disagree. There's just too much information left out or not measurable., e.g. it's possible different brains 'decode' (perceive) differently even if, somehow, we could claim the sensory stream is the same.
This is speculative, but maybe this contributes something: recently I added a new DAC to my system, the BMC PureDAC. I was staggered how much more I can hear (a) low-level information; (b) bass and lower-mid detail and texture. My first thought about point (b) was the BMC is 'bass heavy'. However, I'm sure this is not the case: it doesn't present unnatural quantities of bass. What differs is the amount of information e.g. detail, which I think makes it seem as though there is more bass. It's like a photograph with parts suddenly brought into sharper focus, making those parts stand out more.
The point about the Taboo versus the Classic is that although I find the Taboo more 'vivid' - in comparison the dynamics are perhaps a touch exaggerated? - and just a little more detailed, as I've tuned it it has the same overall balance as the Classic. No obvious coloration. This makes them quite compatible partners I find...
- New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 8 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison: Noble K10 vs Rhapsodio Solar (and Onkyo DP-X1 vs Chord... 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Portable Amp For Bass Is... (The Extreme Basshead Club) 4 minutes ago
- › Only for games and movies 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Rosie Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 10 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse