Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" - Page 10

post #136 of 316

TSD, thanks for these early impressions of Classic vs Jazz. Looking forward to your further insights in a few weeks popcorn.gif

 

Must say I am very curious how a Classic/Concerto comparison would come out!

post #137 of 316

how it mates with a stock DX1000

 

any experience here?


Edited by vessa - 1/5/12 at 4:08am
post #138 of 316

Subscribed   dt880smile.png

post #139 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDee View Post

Must say I am very curious how a Classic/Concerto comparison would come out!


 

Me too. Of course I am considering if it is worth an upgrade from the Concerto that I love so much.

post #140 of 316


My problem exactly. The only way to satisfy my curiosity may be to buy one and compare...wink_face.gif

 

Two days ago I received after 4 months my Decware Taboo (all-tube) amp. An amazing amp, already sounding very good fed from Jan's Stagedac.

 

A clear difference - at this stage anyway - is that Taboo has much "softer" attack than Concerto. I am not certain this is a speed difference. It may come from odd versus even (SS versus tube) harmonics in the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post


 

Me too. Of course I am considering if it is worth an upgrade from the Concerto that I love so much.



 

post #141 of 316

What about Classic and Hifiman HE-500 combo?

 

Can anyone compare Violectric V100 and Burson HE-160 with Classic?

 

I have Corda Swing to drive my HE-500 and Alessandro MS-2 and

now i´m looking for upgrade.


Edited by Breikku - 1/27/12 at 12:14am
post #142 of 316

This may not be useful as I've never heard HE500 or Burson 160 nor yet the Classic.

 

So FWIW LCD2 with Concerto versus Violectric V100...the V100 showed a liquid-seeming midrange with some slight warmth, whereas the Concerto seems very neutral there. Bass on Concerto was deep, well-defined, tight, whereas it seemed loose with the 100. Treble on Concerto was more extended than V100.

 

Overall, I find the Concerto more balanced and neutral.

post #143 of 316

Der Classic hamoniert auch gut mit dem LCD 3.  LCD 3 spezifisch ist der Klang  natürlich höher einzustufen als mit dem HD800 da viel stimmiger und musikalischer. Von den tiefen Bässen bis zu den oberen Höhen kommt alles klar definiert und lebendig und gut ausbalanciert.  Der Classic scheint also genug Power zu haben für den LCD 3. Ich finde den Classic einen sehr guten Amp der selbst meinen hohen Ansprüchen gerecht wird. Sowohl mit dem HD800 als auch mit dem LCD 3 harmoniert er gut. Wer einen LCD 3 hat sollte aber beachten, dass man zuerst lange lange einspielen sollte. Zudem kostet der Classic eigentlich nicht viel und ich finde ich geniesse gutes Audio für realtiv wenig Geld. Natürlich würde man mit einem 3000 Dollar Cavalli Liquid Fire noch mehr rausholen mit einem LCD 3. Wer aber einen bezahlbaren qualitativ hochwertigen Headamp sucht sollte mal den Classic anhören. Ich befürchtete dass er Problem haben könnte mit dem LCD 3 ( Magnetostaten.. ).  Dem ist nicht so. Selbst die Höhen kommen klar definiert und nicht agressiv rüber.  Auch mit dem Classic ist der LCD 3 somit eine klare deutliche Steigerung gegenüber dem schon sehr gutem HD800. Die Vorzüge des LCD 3 kommen mit dem Classic gut rüber und es ist eine wirkliche Freude damit auch für Kopfhörer anspruchsvolle Klassik zu geniessen. Und ich kann auch über lange Zeit mit dieser Kombi hören. Da der LCD 3 von  Hause aus etwas wärmer klingt als der HD800 und vor allem weniger scharf harmoniert er also auch gut mit Transistoren Amps. Und das eher noch auf der sehr neutralen Seite. Meinem Klangideal komme ich somit immer näher. Der LCD 3 macht auch mit dem Classic einen schmaleren Soundstage als der HD800.  Aber trotzdem füht der LCD 3 zu mehr Emotionen und man spürt den Aufnahmeraum was dann auch gross wirken kann. Leider finde ich den LCD 3 alles andere als bequem.

 

Somit kann ich den Classic auch für LCD Kopfhörer empfehlen. Man redet ja immer vom HD800 da der ja auch wie Meier aus Deutschland..  Ein Qualitätsmerkmal ist aber bei einem Amp, dass er diverse Arten von Kopfhörern gut antreiben kann. Und ich bin überrascht wie der LCD 3 sich ausser dem schamalren Soundstage realtiv deutlich von einem HD800 abheben kann selbst bei einem Mittelpreis Amp wie der Meier Classic. 

post #144 of 316

 

Andy, Willkommen bei Head-Fi. Traurig über Ihre Brieftasche.
 
And if that makes no sense, blame Google.  :-)
post #145 of 316

Vielen danke @andybo. Das war gut zu lesen (aber mein Deutsch is nich so gut!)

post #146 of 316

Translation below (I'm from Germany too). Many things in German are implied, and not explicitly spelled out so you will see some parentheses. Also, this is as much a review of the LCD3 as of the Classic. There are two schools of translation: the absolute correct which is directly related to the original, and the "make it make sense by changing some of the meaning, or adding the local cultural references." I take a middle road below. It is always true no matter what, that there is a lot lost in translation because culture defines language, and language defines culture. It's not just different words, it's different thoughts, different philosophies, different patterns. There are some universal concepts, but it takes a lot more than just knowing a language grammatically to understand it and communicate in the proper contexts.

 

"

The Classic works in harmony with the LCD3 (headphones). I classify the LCD3 in a rank higher than the HD800 and at the same time it is more lively [sorry no direct translation] & musical. From deep bass to the highs, everything (sound) is clearly defined, lively, and well balanced. The Classic seems to have enough Power for the LCD3. I find the Classic is a very good amp that met my high expectations. It works in harmony with both the HD800 and LCD3. Whoever has an LCD3 however should note that you have to let it burn in for a very very long time. Anyway, the Classic doesn't actually cost that much, and I find I enjoy good audio (sound) for relatively little money.

 

Of course with a $3,000 Cavalli Liquid Fire you can get more out of the LCD3. But whoever is looking for a "reasonable priced" high quality headamp should listen to a Classic. I was worried that he (Classic) would have problems with the LCD3 (Planarmagenetic...). This is not so. The highs come across clearly defined, and not too aggressive. With the Classic the LCD3 is more clearly defined than the already very good HD800 [in English I think people would say another veil has been lifted from the sound].
 

The plus points of the LCD3 are made apparent with the Classic (amp), and it's really a joy to listen to engaging classic (music) with the headphones. And I can listen for a long time with this combination [speaking to the non-fatiguing nature]. Because out of the box the LCD3 sounds a bit warmer than the HD800 and also is a good match to tube amps [but not as good as solid state]. And that [warmness] is still close to neutral. With this [combination] I'm getting closer to my ideal sound.

 

The LCD3 in combination with the Classic has a smaller soundstage than with the HD800. Nevertheless, the LCD3 invokes a greater emotional response and you can sense the recording environment which can sound big. Unfortunately, I don't find the LCD3 comfortable (to wear).

 

I can recommend the Classic (to be used) for the LCD headphones. Everyone always talks about the HD800, just like Meier [Meier Audio] from Germany. A sign of quality is that my Amp (Classic) it can drive a diverse range of headphones. And I'm surprised how the LCD3 with a smaller sound stage relative to the HD800 can shine with a middle-of the-road price point amp such as the Meier Classic.

"

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybo View Post

Der Classic hamoniert auch gut mit dem LCD 3.  LCD 3 spezifisch ist der Klang  natürlich höher einzustufen als mit dem HD800 da viel stimmiger und musikalischer. Von den tiefen Bässen bis zu den oberen Höhen kommt alles klar definiert und lebendig und gut ausbalanciert.  Der Classic scheint also genug Power zu haben für den LCD 3. Ich finde den Classic einen sehr guten Amp der selbst meinen hohen Ansprüchen gerecht wird. Sowohl mit dem HD800 als auch mit dem LCD 3 harmoniert er gut. Wer einen LCD 3 hat sollte aber beachten, dass man zuerst lange lange einspielen sollte. Zudem kostet der Classic eigentlich nicht viel und ich finde ich geniesse gutes Audio für realtiv wenig Geld. Natürlich würde man mit einem 3000 Dollar Cavalli Liquid Fire noch mehr rausholen mit einem LCD 3. Wer aber einen bezahlbaren qualitativ hochwertigen Headamp sucht sollte mal den Classic anhören. Ich befürchtete dass er Problem haben könnte mit dem LCD 3 ( Magnetostaten.. ).  Dem ist nicht so. Selbst die Höhen kommen klar definiert und nicht agressiv rüber.  Auch mit dem Classic ist der LCD 3 somit eine klare deutliche Steigerung gegenüber dem schon sehr gutem HD800. Die Vorzüge des LCD 3 kommen mit dem Classic gut rüber und es ist eine wirkliche Freude damit auch für Kopfhörer anspruchsvolle Klassik zu geniessen. Und ich kann auch über lange Zeit mit dieser Kombi hören. Da der LCD 3 von  Hause aus etwas wärmer klingt als der HD800 und vor allem weniger scharf harmoniert er also auch gut mit Transistoren Amps. Und das eher noch auf der sehr neutralen Seite. Meinem Klangideal komme ich somit immer näher. Der LCD 3 macht auch mit dem Classic einen schmaleren Soundstage als der HD800.  Aber trotzdem füht der LCD 3 zu mehr Emotionen und man spürt den Aufnahmeraum was dann auch gross wirken kann. Leider finde ich den LCD 3 alles andere als bequem.

 

Somit kann ich den Classic auch für LCD Kopfhörer empfehlen. Man redet ja immer vom HD800 da der ja auch wie Meier aus Deutschland..  Ein Qualitätsmerkmal ist aber bei einem Amp, dass er diverse Arten von Kopfhörern gut antreiben kann. Und ich bin überrascht wie der LCD 3 sich ausser dem schamalren Soundstage realtiv deutlich von einem HD800 abheben kann selbst bei einem Mittelpreis Amp wie der Meier Classic. 



 


Edited by The Slow Down - 2/5/12 at 11:24am
post #147 of 316

"Welcome to Head-Fi. I'm sad about/over your wallet."

 

Makes enough sense to be understood I think. tongue_smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

 

Andy, Willkommen bei Head-Fi. Traurig über Ihre Brieftasche.
 
And if that makes no sense, blame Google.  :-)


 

post #148 of 316

I'm not really sad. Just extending my sympathy.  biggrin.gif

post #149 of 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breikku View Post

What about Classic and Hifiman HE-500 combo?



+1 on that.

 

R

post #150 of 316


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slow Down View Post

Translation below (I'm from Germany too). Many things in German are implied, and not explicitly spelled out so you will see some parentheses. Also, this is as much a review of the LCD3 as of the Classic. There are two schools of translation: the absolute correct which is directly related to the original, and the "make it make sense by changing some of the meaning, or adding the local cultural references." I take a middle road below. It is always true no matter what, that there is a lot lost in translation because culture defines language, and language defines culture. It's not just different words, it's different thoughts, different philosophies, different patterns. There are some universal concepts, but it takes a lot more than just knowing a language grammatically to understand it and communicate in the proper contexts.

 

"

The Classic works in harmony with the LCD3 (headphones). I classify the LCD3 in a rank higher than the HD800 and at the same time it is more lively [sorry no direct translation] & musical. From deep bass to the highs, everything (sound) is clearly defined, lively, and well balanced. The Classic seems to have enough Power for the LCD3. I find the Classic is a very good amp that met my high expectations. It works in harmony with both the HD800 and LCD3. Whoever has an LCD3 however should note that you have to let it burn in for a very very long time. Anyway, the Classic doesn't actually cost that much, and I find I enjoy good audio (sound) for relatively little money.

 

Of course with a $3,000 Cavalli Liquid Fire you can get more out of the LCD3. But whoever is looking for a "reasonable priced" high quality headamp should listen to a Classic. I was worried that he (Classic) would have problems with the LCD3 (Planarmagenetic...). This is not so. The highs come across clearly defined, and not too aggressive. With the Classic the LCD3 is more clearly defined than the already very good HD800 [in English I think people would say another veil has been lifted from the sound].
 

The plus points of the LCD3 are made apparent with the Classic (amp), and it's really a joy to listen to engaging classic (music) with the headphones. And I can listen for a long time with this combination [speaking to the non-fatiguing nature]. Because out of the box the LCD3 sounds a bit warmer than the HD800 and also is a good match to tube amps [but not as good as solid state]. And that [warmness] is still close to neutral. With this [combination] I'm getting closer to my ideal sound.

 

The LCD3 in combination with the Classic has a smaller soundstage than with the HD800. Nevertheless, the LCD3 invokes a greater emotional response and you can sense the recording environment which can sound big. Unfortunately, I don't find the LCD3 comfortable (to wear).

 

I can recommend the Classic (to be used) for the LCD headphones. Everyone always talks about the HD800, just like Meier [Meier Audio] from Germany. A sign of quality is that my Amp (Classic) it can drive a diverse range of headphones. And I'm surprised how the LCD3 with a smaller sound stage relative to the HD800 can shine with a middle-of the-road price point amp such as the Meier Classic.

"



 


Thank you for your translation. I have tried google and it doesnt work very well.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"