Denon AH-D 7000..................................you will never look back.
- productBurson HA-160Dtagged by System, 6/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8 Limitedtagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 800 - is it tough enough? Last post on 6/21/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- I love my Earsonics SM3 V2 IEM, what headphone would be a good fit for me? Last post on 7/28/12 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Recomendation to go with Burson HA 160D Help Pelase Last post on 7/9/12 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 366/11/11 at 2:40ampost #18 of 366/11/11 at 3:47amD7000 for a well balanced fun headphone
Ed 8 more isolation of course! They both comfortable.
Ed 8. Is slightly brighter than d7000. I should use the word clearer rather than brighter
If u looking for sound quality! Than neither of those beats LCD 2.
Bt u won't go wrong with any of those above they are safe choicespost #19 of 366/11/11 at 3:50am
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...post #20 of 366/11/11 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Amarphael
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...
With work I was able to define the bass. There is color but if you research around here you will find a lot of folks love them.post #21 of 366/11/11 at 4:37amThread Starter
The D7000 would be great but unfortunately sound isolation is important for me so by the sounds of it the D7000 is out of the question since it seems to have poor sound isolation.
Cheers for the suggestions thoughpost #22 of 366/11/11 at 4:39ampost #23 of 366/11/11 at 6:01am
I for one like my Edition 8 more than D7000 across the board (deeper, more balanced bass, non-recessed mids, less piercing treble) and got them used within your budget. For a bargain, I'm quite fond of Shure SRH840 headphones too (and people say 940 are better still), at ~1/4 the price, but they don't match Edition 8 in soundstage or bass quality.post #24 of 366/11/11 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 366/12/11 at 6:01ampost #26 of 366/12/11 at 7:30ampost #27 of 366/12/11 at 3:40pmpost #28 of 366/12/11 at 4:07pmpost #29 of 366/12/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #30 of 366/12/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
- Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 28 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Music that makes you cry? 1 minute ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › An amp under $100 for my Fischer FA-003 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe