Denon AH-D 7000..................................you will never look back.
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 6/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8 Limitedtagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 800 - is it tough enough? Last post on 6/21/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- I love my Earsonics SM3 V2 IEM, what headphone would be a good fit for me? Last post on 7/28/12 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Recomendation to go with Burson HA 160D Help Pelase Last post on 7/9/12 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 366/11/11 at 2:40ampost #18 of 366/11/11 at 3:47amD7000 for a well balanced fun headphone
Ed 8 more isolation of course! They both comfortable.
Ed 8. Is slightly brighter than d7000. I should use the word clearer rather than brighter
If u looking for sound quality! Than neither of those beats LCD 2.
Bt u won't go wrong with any of those above they are safe choicespost #19 of 366/11/11 at 3:50am
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...post #20 of 366/11/11 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Amarphael
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...
With work I was able to define the bass. There is color but if you research around here you will find a lot of folks love them.post #21 of 366/11/11 at 4:37amThread Starter
The D7000 would be great but unfortunately sound isolation is important for me so by the sounds of it the D7000 is out of the question since it seems to have poor sound isolation.
Cheers for the suggestions thoughpost #22 of 366/11/11 at 4:39ampost #23 of 366/11/11 at 6:01am
I for one like my Edition 8 more than D7000 across the board (deeper, more balanced bass, non-recessed mids, less piercing treble) and got them used within your budget. For a bargain, I'm quite fond of Shure SRH840 headphones too (and people say 940 are better still), at ~1/4 the price, but they don't match Edition 8 in soundstage or bass quality.post #24 of 366/11/11 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 366/12/11 at 6:01ampost #26 of 366/12/11 at 7:30ampost #27 of 366/12/11 at 3:40pmpost #28 of 366/12/11 at 4:07pmpost #29 of 366/12/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #30 of 366/12/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
- Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (#8, #7, #6 reviewed, 5... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 1TB woes 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)