Denon AH-D 7000..................................you will never look back.
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 6/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8 Limitedtagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 800 - is it tough enough? Last post on 6/21/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- I love my Earsonics SM3 V2 IEM, what headphone would be a good fit for me? Last post on 7/28/12 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Recomendation to go with Burson HA 160D Help Pelase Last post on 7/9/12 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000 - Page 2post #16 of 366/11/11 at 1:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 366/11/11 at 2:40ampost #18 of 366/11/11 at 3:47amD7000 for a well balanced fun headphone
Ed 8 more isolation of course! They both comfortable.
Ed 8. Is slightly brighter than d7000. I should use the word clearer rather than brighter
If u looking for sound quality! Than neither of those beats LCD 2.
Bt u won't go wrong with any of those above they are safe choicespost #19 of 366/11/11 at 3:50am
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...post #20 of 366/11/11 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Amarphael
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...
With work I was able to define the bass. There is color but if you research around here you will find a lot of folks love them.post #21 of 366/11/11 at 4:37amThread Starter
The D7000 would be great but unfortunately sound isolation is important for me so by the sounds of it the D7000 is out of the question since it seems to have poor sound isolation.
Cheers for the suggestions thoughpost #22 of 366/11/11 at 4:39ampost #23 of 366/11/11 at 6:01am
I for one like my Edition 8 more than D7000 across the board (deeper, more balanced bass, non-recessed mids, less piercing treble) and got them used within your budget. For a bargain, I'm quite fond of Shure SRH840 headphones too (and people say 940 are better still), at ~1/4 the price, but they don't match Edition 8 in soundstage or bass quality.post #24 of 366/11/11 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 366/12/11 at 6:01ampost #26 of 366/12/11 at 7:30ampost #27 of 366/12/11 at 3:40pmpost #28 of 366/12/11 at 4:07pmpost #29 of 366/12/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #30 of 366/12/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
- Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze SINE Series 49 seconds ago
- › Best android music player app? 1 minute ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - IMPRESSIONS, DISCUSSION, TOUR 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP-100 "Tru-Fi Speakers Mod" from packdemon -... 5 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...