Denon AH-D 7000..................................you will never look back.
- productBurson Audio HA 160Dtagged by System, 6/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8 Limitedtagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 800 - is it tough enough? Last post on 6/21/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- I love my Earsonics SM3 V2 IEM, what headphone would be a good fit for me? Last post on 7/28/12 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Recomendation to go with Burson HA 160D Help Pelase Last post on 7/9/12 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 366/11/11 at 2:40ampost #18 of 366/11/11 at 3:47amD7000 for a well balanced fun headphone
Ed 8 more isolation of course! They both comfortable.
Ed 8. Is slightly brighter than d7000. I should use the word clearer rather than brighter
If u looking for sound quality! Than neither of those beats LCD 2.
Bt u won't go wrong with any of those above they are safe choicespost #19 of 366/11/11 at 3:50am
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...post #20 of 366/11/11 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Amarphael
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...
With work I was able to define the bass. There is color but if you research around here you will find a lot of folks love them.post #21 of 366/11/11 at 4:37amThread Starter
The D7000 would be great but unfortunately sound isolation is important for me so by the sounds of it the D7000 is out of the question since it seems to have poor sound isolation.
Cheers for the suggestions thoughpost #22 of 366/11/11 at 4:39ampost #23 of 366/11/11 at 6:01am
I for one like my Edition 8 more than D7000 across the board (deeper, more balanced bass, non-recessed mids, less piercing treble) and got them used within your budget. For a bargain, I'm quite fond of Shure SRH840 headphones too (and people say 940 are better still), at ~1/4 the price, but they don't match Edition 8 in soundstage or bass quality.post #24 of 366/11/11 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 366/12/11 at 6:01ampost #26 of 366/12/11 at 7:30ampost #27 of 366/12/11 at 3:40pmpost #28 of 366/12/11 at 4:07pmpost #29 of 366/12/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #30 of 366/12/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
- Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 41 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › Looking for new headphones, one of those "music is my life" kinda guy 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Broken Beyerdynamic DT-990s. Help! 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 3 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)