Denon AH-D 7000..................................you will never look back.
- productBurson Audio HA-160Dtagged by System, 6/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/10/11
- productUltrasone Edition 8 Limitedtagged by System, 6/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 800 - is it tough enough? Last post on 6/21/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- I love my Earsonics SM3 V2 IEM, what headphone would be a good fit for me? Last post on 7/28/12 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- IEM guy needs recommendations for full size phones... Last post on 7/21/12 at 8:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Recomendation to go with Burson HA 160D Help Pelase Last post on 7/9/12 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000 - Page 2post #16 of 366/11/11 at 1:51am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 366/11/11 at 2:40ampost #18 of 366/11/11 at 3:47amD7000 for a well balanced fun headphone
Ed 8 more isolation of course! They both comfortable.
Ed 8. Is slightly brighter than d7000. I should use the word clearer rather than brighter
If u looking for sound quality! Than neither of those beats LCD 2.
Bt u won't go wrong with any of those above they are safe choicespost #19 of 366/11/11 at 3:50am
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...post #20 of 366/11/11 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by Amarphael
D7000 is not know for it's "well defined bass" and defintley not for "clear and transparent" mids and treble. If yoy're lookingfor an allrounder the choise IMO should be between the ATH-W1000x or MDR-Z1000, The latter supposedely has better clarity and balance but is more analytical in nature and smaller soundsatge. Also, the above mentioned Beyer T70 is also an intersting option if you're feeling lucky...
With work I was able to define the bass. There is color but if you research around here you will find a lot of folks love them.post #21 of 366/11/11 at 4:37amThread Starter
The D7000 would be great but unfortunately sound isolation is important for me so by the sounds of it the D7000 is out of the question since it seems to have poor sound isolation.
Cheers for the suggestions thoughpost #22 of 366/11/11 at 4:39ampost #23 of 366/11/11 at 6:01am
I for one like my Edition 8 more than D7000 across the board (deeper, more balanced bass, non-recessed mids, less piercing treble) and got them used within your budget. For a bargain, I'm quite fond of Shure SRH840 headphones too (and people say 940 are better still), at ~1/4 the price, but they don't match Edition 8 in soundstage or bass quality.post #24 of 366/11/11 at 1:39pmpost #25 of 366/12/11 at 6:01ampost #26 of 366/12/11 at 7:30ampost #27 of 366/12/11 at 3:40pmpost #28 of 366/12/11 at 4:07pmpost #29 of 366/12/11 at 9:01pmThread Starterpost #30 of 366/12/11 at 9:08pmThread Starter
- Looking for quality CLOSED headphones under $1,000
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 41 seconds ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 6 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...