Curious abt the furutech from ebay and Chris' cable as well. Any news so far?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lightweight 1/8" stereo plug for shure se535 cable suggestions Last post on 9/28/11 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s Last post on 4/10/13 at 9:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesEdited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Shure SE535 replacement cable - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 638/15/12 at 12:18ampost #33 of 639/4/12 at 12:08pm
u could ask lillee too .. he makes pretty amazing cables ... and is a great human ... !!
very informative... gee if i had the dough.. i would just buy things from him to learn about them!!post #34 of 639/4/12 at 12:09pm
the one he made for me is 4n/6n ofhc silver plated copper... and theres definitely improvement in the sound .. i noticed a slight increase in cymbal decay ... and definitely theres more detail ....post #35 of 639/4/12 at 12:13pm
he proposed that this cable will perform around 90 percent of what the baldur mk2 does... since he has heard the baldurs and dream cables.. ..and though ive not heard the other cables ..im very much happy with the extra detail that these things are able to put out ..
now to invest in an amp!!post #36 of 639/4/12 at 12:15pm
been tryin to put up the pic with every post above but some stupid error pops!! ..
he even uses high grade 4% silver solder and the jack is oyaide(rhodium)...
really decent and helpful guy... wish i cud have him as my boss or somthin .. ! hehehepost #37 of 639/4/12 at 12:16pmpost #38 of 639/11/12 at 6:28ampost #39 of 6311/10/12 at 12:00pmpost #40 of 6311/10/12 at 12:59pm
the improvements are good if you ask me, but its not going to completely change the se 535s ..
the easiest improvement that you will find with a 6n (OFHC) cable is the better instrument seperation.. after that is the below
whatever treble is present gains a noticable body but the roll off remains , mids remain the same and the bass gets slightly tighter but dont hold the last against me.. i still have to verify that and don't use the se 535s much these days .. i would also go on to say the clarity is top notch as usual ..
overall the improvements will be very much noticable if you have an amp for them .. as the source and dap i use do not justify ..but straight out of an ipod i found the above to be minute yet not negligible!post #41 of 631/31/13 at 8:16am
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else had a stock or 'upgrade' Shure cable to sell? And also whether anyone knew whether the MKIII Baldur cable was any good -- description seems to admit it's basically the same as the MKII: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baldur-MKIII-upgrade-cable-for-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-UE900-UE-900-/251215613488?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a7d9e0e30.
Incidentally, I bought a Baldur MKII last year from an ebay user called 'liutaiyo', and the right channel stopped working within a week or so. I returned it and was sent a 'replacement', but exactly the same fault occurred again after a few days. After that he never responded to any of my messages. So basically I recommend never buying anything from that guy.post #42 of 632/1/13 at 3:05am
I bought a MKII from the same seller of the link you posted, and it worked nice for some months, but now the right channel has stopped working for me as well...
Now I'm wondering how reliable these 'upgrade' cables are, and if it's worth it to buy a new one with the risk of seeing it failing again after 6-7 months...
Anyone had better experience with different sellers / cables?post #43 of 632/1/13 at 4:38ampost #44 of 632/1/13 at 1:01pmpost #45 of 632/1/13 at 1:23pm
That depends on your preferences, I think they're all very nice and custom.
Personally I really like (and own) a Echo series cable.
Only negative thing is the earguides, which are not flexible...
So, it's your choice ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 12 seconds ago
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 36 seconds ago
- › Importance of headphones, amp, dac, cable, music player, etc 1 minute ago
- › New to Audio. Need help. 1 minute ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › FS - Lehmann Black Cube USB DAC Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Pico Upsampling USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe