Curious abt the furutech from ebay and Chris' cable as well. Any news so far?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/11
- productShure E500 PTHtagged by System, 6/9/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 6/9/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lightweight 1/8" stereo plug for shure se535 cable suggestions Last post on 9/28/11 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s Last post on 1/29/14 at 7:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Shure SE535 replacement cable - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 788/15/12 at 12:18ampost #33 of 789/4/12 at 12:08pm
u could ask lillee too .. he makes pretty amazing cables ... and is a great human ... !!
very informative... gee if i had the dough.. i would just buy things from him to learn about them!!post #34 of 789/4/12 at 12:09pm
the one he made for me is 4n/6n ofhc silver plated copper... and theres definitely improvement in the sound .. i noticed a slight increase in cymbal decay ... and definitely theres more detail ....post #35 of 789/4/12 at 12:13pm
he proposed that this cable will perform around 90 percent of what the baldur mk2 does... since he has heard the baldurs and dream cables.. ..and though ive not heard the other cables ..im very much happy with the extra detail that these things are able to put out ..
now to invest in an amp!!post #36 of 789/4/12 at 12:15pm
been tryin to put up the pic with every post above but some stupid error pops!! ..
he even uses high grade 4% silver solder and the jack is oyaide(rhodium)...
really decent and helpful guy... wish i cud have him as my boss or somthin .. ! hehehepost #37 of 789/4/12 at 12:16pmpost #38 of 789/11/12 at 6:28ampost #39 of 7811/10/12 at 12:00pmpost #40 of 7811/10/12 at 12:59pm
the improvements are good if you ask me, but its not going to completely change the se 535s ..
the easiest improvement that you will find with a 6n (OFHC) cable is the better instrument seperation.. after that is the below
whatever treble is present gains a noticable body but the roll off remains , mids remain the same and the bass gets slightly tighter but dont hold the last against me.. i still have to verify that and don't use the se 535s much these days .. i would also go on to say the clarity is top notch as usual ..
overall the improvements will be very much noticable if you have an amp for them .. as the source and dap i use do not justify ..but straight out of an ipod i found the above to be minute yet not negligible!post #41 of 781/31/13 at 8:16am
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else had a stock or 'upgrade' Shure cable to sell? And also whether anyone knew whether the MKIII Baldur cable was any good -- description seems to admit it's basically the same as the MKII: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baldur-MKIII-upgrade-cable-for-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-UE900-UE-900-/251215613488?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a7d9e0e30.
Incidentally, I bought a Baldur MKII last year from an ebay user called 'liutaiyo', and the right channel stopped working within a week or so. I returned it and was sent a 'replacement', but exactly the same fault occurred again after a few days. After that he never responded to any of my messages. So basically I recommend never buying anything from that guy.post #42 of 782/1/13 at 3:05am
I bought a MKII from the same seller of the link you posted, and it worked nice for some months, but now the right channel has stopped working for me as well...
Now I'm wondering how reliable these 'upgrade' cables are, and if it's worth it to buy a new one with the risk of seeing it failing again after 6-7 months...
Anyone had better experience with different sellers / cables?post #43 of 782/1/13 at 4:38ampost #44 of 782/1/13 at 1:01pmpost #45 of 782/1/13 at 1:23pm
That depends on your preferences, I think they're all very nice and custom.
Personally I really like (and own) a Echo series cable.
Only negative thing is the earguides, which are not flexible...
So, it's your choice ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- DIY Cable Info and Resources
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Vision Ear V 6 With X Control is The most expensive Custom IEM in... 33 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 34 seconds ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 48 seconds ago
- › FS: Heir Audio 4.a 1 minute ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)