Curious abt the furutech from ebay and Chris' cable as well. Any news so far?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/9/11
- productShure E500 PTHtagged by System, 6/9/11
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 6/9/11
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/7/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- Lightweight 1/8" stereo plug for shure se535 cable suggestions Last post on 9/28/11 at 5:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice on Shure SE535 earphones Last post on 12/17/11 at 9:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sound cutting out on Shure SE 535s Last post on 1/29/14 at 7:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cable options for Shure 535's? Last post on 8/8/11 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 vs Sennheiser IE8: What to buy? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Shure SE535 replacement cable - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 768/15/12 at 12:18ampost #33 of 769/4/12 at 12:08pm
u could ask lillee too .. he makes pretty amazing cables ... and is a great human ... !!
very informative... gee if i had the dough.. i would just buy things from him to learn about them!!post #34 of 769/4/12 at 12:09pm
the one he made for me is 4n/6n ofhc silver plated copper... and theres definitely improvement in the sound .. i noticed a slight increase in cymbal decay ... and definitely theres more detail ....post #35 of 769/4/12 at 12:13pm
he proposed that this cable will perform around 90 percent of what the baldur mk2 does... since he has heard the baldurs and dream cables.. ..and though ive not heard the other cables ..im very much happy with the extra detail that these things are able to put out ..
now to invest in an amp!!post #36 of 769/4/12 at 12:15pm
been tryin to put up the pic with every post above but some stupid error pops!! ..
he even uses high grade 4% silver solder and the jack is oyaide(rhodium)...
really decent and helpful guy... wish i cud have him as my boss or somthin .. ! hehehepost #37 of 769/4/12 at 12:16pmpost #38 of 769/11/12 at 6:28ampost #39 of 7611/10/12 at 12:00pmpost #40 of 7611/10/12 at 12:59pm
the improvements are good if you ask me, but its not going to completely change the se 535s ..
the easiest improvement that you will find with a 6n (OFHC) cable is the better instrument seperation.. after that is the below
whatever treble is present gains a noticable body but the roll off remains , mids remain the same and the bass gets slightly tighter but dont hold the last against me.. i still have to verify that and don't use the se 535s much these days .. i would also go on to say the clarity is top notch as usual ..
overall the improvements will be very much noticable if you have an amp for them .. as the source and dap i use do not justify ..but straight out of an ipod i found the above to be minute yet not negligible!post #41 of 761/31/13 at 8:16am
Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone else had a stock or 'upgrade' Shure cable to sell? And also whether anyone knew whether the MKIII Baldur cable was any good -- description seems to admit it's basically the same as the MKII: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baldur-MKIII-upgrade-cable-for-Shure-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-UE900-UE-900-/251215613488?pt=UK_Home_Garden_CD_DVDStorage_SM&hash=item3a7d9e0e30.
Incidentally, I bought a Baldur MKII last year from an ebay user called 'liutaiyo', and the right channel stopped working within a week or so. I returned it and was sent a 'replacement', but exactly the same fault occurred again after a few days. After that he never responded to any of my messages. So basically I recommend never buying anything from that guy.post #42 of 762/1/13 at 3:05am
I bought a MKII from the same seller of the link you posted, and it worked nice for some months, but now the right channel has stopped working for me as well...
Now I'm wondering how reliable these 'upgrade' cables are, and if it's worth it to buy a new one with the risk of seeing it failing again after 6-7 months...
Anyone had better experience with different sellers / cables?post #43 of 762/1/13 at 4:38ampost #44 of 762/1/13 at 1:01pmpost #45 of 762/1/13 at 1:23pm
That depends on your preferences, I think they're all very nice and custom.
Personally I really like (and own) a Echo series cable.
Only negative thing is the earguides, which are not flexible...
So, it's your choice ;)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 replacement cable
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › monoprice 9927 earphone any good? 1 minute ago
- › Will the Fiio E18 portable AMP make my S4 really loud? 2 minutes ago
- › Neutron vs Poweramp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms... 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › External DAC instead of sound card? 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 3 minutes ago
- › Best settings for the Xonar STX? 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude