Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon ah-d5000 pricing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon ah-d5000 pricing

post #1 of 57
Thread Starter 

Hey all, Im replacing my ath-esw9 with Denon 5000s. Would these be good upgrades? If so, its selling for US$800 here in singapore. Is that overpriced? What kind of pricing should they be?

 

Thanks

post #2 of 57

500 USD on amazon right now.

post #3 of 57

Of course over priced. Now those headphones are on sale on most of the website. In Uk, it's only abt £399 pound at most!

post #4 of 57
Thread Starter 

Crap. Amazon doesnt ship to Singapore I think. Why is everything so darn overpriced in this country!!

 

For those of you who dont live in Singapore, here's an idea of the pricing of cans here.

 

http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/nav.php?cPath=208

 

 

post #5 of 57

SGD$999.00?? that's a lot!.But u made the right choice for a headphone. it's really good and versatile headphone! But if you r not a basshead.u might wanna look further. I am sure u did lots of research^^

post #6 of 57

I just purchased mine in the UK for £349. When currently converted to Singapore Dollars it comes out as $706.09, so yes that sounds a little overpriced to me.

 

They are great headphones though.

post #7 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwilliamsweb View Post

I just purchased mine in the UK for £349. When currently converted to Singapore Dollars it comes out as $706.09, so yes that sounds a little overpriced to me.

 

They are great headphones though.


A good price , usually £400 and upwards here, these glorious cans have held their price for years , a real denon cash cow, they sell like hotcakes all around the world and suppliers are regularly out of stocks.

 

post #8 of 57

I bought them on amazon for US$349 and had them shipped via borderlinx. No warranty but I can buy a new one for the amount of money I save. Just camp out on amazon as the price fluctuates.


Edited by redxiii - 6/20/11 at 1:26am
post #9 of 57

I picked up a pair on amazon today.  499.00 is a great deal for these.

post #10 of 57

dude i bought mine in Jan from Stereo Electronics Plaza Sing for only $799SGD. I know the website is stating that it costs $1kSGD but the actual street price is $200 cheaper.

post #11 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by windcar View Post

dude i bought mine in Jan from Stereo Electronics Plaza Sing for only $799SGD. I know the website is stating that it costs $1kSGD but the actual street price is $200 cheaper.



wow are you sure? i called them just now and asked if any discount but they said fixed price..=/

post #12 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxiii View Post

I bought them on amazon for US$349 and had them shipped via borderlinx. No warranty but I can buy a new one for the amount of money I save. Just camp out on amazon as the price fluctuates.



Buying any headphones from amazon would mean no warranty right? I feel thats kinda risky.

post #13 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangww View Post





wow are you sure? i called them just now and asked if any discount but they said fixed price..=/


um... perhaps the price has been increased since. But i am sure i bought mine at 799SGD and seriously considering this price, it was not even cheap then. I hate the fact the alot of things here are more expensive here than even in Europe or US.

 

post #14 of 57

Sorry for bumping but I'll have one of these in a week or so. What should be the minimum level for this while selling?

post #15 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangww View Post



Buying any headphones from amazon would mean no warranty right? I feel thats kinda risky.



It depends on the seller. Electronics Expo sells on Amazon and they're an official seller.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon ah-d5000 pricing