Alright, you got me on that.
Related Forum Threads
- In Ear Monitor Recommendations Last post on 11/3/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iem SoundMagic expertise required Last post on 8/18/12 at 3:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Comply Foam Tips Appreciation Thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
ProjectDenz, this Westone tips thread of around 140 posts worth has alternatives. Right off the bat, one person wrote that the Shure olives created an nice seal and sounded superior to Comply.
I believe that you forgot to factor in a couple of things. Not necessarily everyone knows how to properly insert Comply tips. And if inserted improperly, this causes the foam to collapse OVER the tube leading to a awful sounding IEM.
What you have been showing us is anecdotal evidence that is insufficient suggest that Complys are bad. Period.
There's a reason I ignore a majority of posts, no offense, because people don't have the experience necessary to give an informed and educated opinion that I'm usually looking for that others such as Average Joe, Project86 or |joker| and more can offer me.
Edited by Cassadian - 6/3/12 at 8:14am
In that case M size might be too small. I tend to use Complys that is one size bigger than my usual size when using silicone tips -- I'm usually using smaller size silicone tips, but M for Complys -- Since you have to pinch the thing and let it expand inside your ear canal for good, tight seal.
I had Heir 3.Ai and I also used T-400. I basically just force-jammed the tips into the stem, and it worked out just fine for me. It's just that I was using Comply one size bigger than my usual size so the foam sticks tighter into my ear canals' surface after expanding.
Just make sure that you pinch the Comply before putting it into your ear canals and let the foam expand.
Glad to see our fans instructing others about Comply! For superior memory foam tips, you gotta expect to pay some cash for them. A pair of tips should last the "average" user about 3 months... so $5 for 3 months is hopefully worth it!
Let me know if you have any other questions about Comply tips and how to properly use/insert them...
- Comply Foam Tips Appreciation Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Whiplash TWCU V3 *Fitear* 27 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 30 seconds ago
- › [IC] Audio-Technica ATH-W10VTG 1 minute ago
- › Apple vs Android 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Whiplash TWcu v3 for Fitear 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi