Alright, you got me on that.
Related Forum Threads
- In Ear Monitor Recommendations Last post on 11/3/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iem SoundMagic expertise required Last post on 8/18/12 at 3:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Budget audiophile brand Brainwavz Audio is back at it, closing out 2016 and kicking off 2017 with a bevy of new earphone offerings. Their timing was just right. Shortly before leaving for an...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
Comply Foam Tips Appreciation Thread - Page 2post #16 of 266/3/12 at 5:17am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 266/3/12 at 8:12amQuote:Originally Posted by FieldingMellish
ProjectDenz, this Westone tips thread of around 140 posts worth has alternatives. Right off the bat, one person wrote that the Shure olives created an nice seal and sounded superior to Comply.Here's a couple of TF10 tips threads:Here's a thread dedicated to how awful TF10 sound with Complys:This thread describes how to surgically affix a Shure Olive to a comply tube for use with TF10:My feelings: IEM shouldn't present attributes that make the listener make specialized accommodations for it. Why struggle? Bottom line is that I learned to eschew IEM's that are challenging to match with my personal ear architecture. What good is a great sound others might hear if there's no seal to be had, or a seal that hurts, or a seal that goes wayward at the slightest movement, or a seal that makes you go through gyrations to affix. And last, one that causes pursuit of a seal ending with expensive and, for them, too-easily expendable Comply foam tips.
I believe that you forgot to factor in a couple of things. Not necessarily everyone knows how to properly insert Comply tips. And if inserted improperly, this causes the foam to collapse OVER the tube leading to a awful sounding IEM.
What you have been showing us is anecdotal evidence that is insufficient suggest that Complys are bad. Period.
There's a reason I ignore a majority of posts, no offense, because people don't have the experience necessary to give an informed and educated opinion that I'm usually looking for that others such as Average Joe, Project86 or |joker| and more can offer me.
Edited by Cassadian - 6/3/12 at 8:14ampost #18 of 263/14/13 at 11:17ampost #19 of 263/14/13 at 11:22amQuote:
In that case M size might be too small. I tend to use Complys that is one size bigger than my usual size when using silicone tips -- I'm usually using smaller size silicone tips, but M for Complys -- Since you have to pinch the thing and let it expand inside your ear canal for good, tight seal.post #20 of 263/14/13 at 11:33ampost #21 of 263/14/13 at 11:38amQuote:
I had Heir 3.Ai and I also used T-400. I basically just force-jammed the tips into the stem, and it worked out just fine for me. It's just that I was using Comply one size bigger than my usual size so the foam sticks tighter into my ear canals' surface after expanding.
Just make sure that you pinch the Comply before putting it into your ear canals and let the foam expand.post #22 of 267/27/13 at 2:44pmI would like to join and appreciate a lot large T-400's. I put them on my cx300-II and I'm very happy. They are very comfy - I completely forget that I have any phones in my ears, and that isolation - just perfect. I can listen at so low volumes now without hearing people in the office, and in the train.post #23 of 267/28/13 at 6:15ampost #24 of 268/2/13 at 2:44pmI have tried them in the club standing next to the loudspeaker. It was shouting at me so loud, so I just couldn't stand it and I put on cx300 with these foams. Isolation was sufficient to actually play some songs from my phone and not hear what is going outside at all. Off course I had to play on full volume, but still it was less loud than in the club!!!post #25 of 268/2/13 at 10:32pmDon't know what I would do without T400s, but the Shure olives are good for what they fit. I also had no idea about the patent thing though, but my tips last a lot longer than a week.post #26 of 268/5/13 at 8:52am
Glad to see our fans instructing others about Comply! For superior memory foam tips, you gotta expect to pay some cash for them. A pair of tips should last the "average" user about 3 months... so $5 for 3 months is hopefully worth it!
Let me know if you have any other questions about Comply tips and how to properly use/insert them...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply Foam Tips Appreciation Thread
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO Q3 iPhone/iPad/iPod/PC USB DAC, APT-X bluetooth, a new design. 50 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR ZX 110! Really good budget phones! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Best *Bass* headphone for working out 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by SoundApprentice
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear