Alright, you got me on that.
Related Forum Threads
- In Ear Monitor Recommendations Last post on 11/3/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Long lasting, Great sounding in-ear earphones under $60 (Australian) Last post on 8/24/12 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Iem SoundMagic expertise required Last post on 8/18/12 at 3:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Comply Foam Tips Appreciation Thread - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
ProjectDenz, this Westone tips thread of around 140 posts worth has alternatives. Right off the bat, one person wrote that the Shure olives created an nice seal and sounded superior to Comply.
I believe that you forgot to factor in a couple of things. Not necessarily everyone knows how to properly insert Comply tips. And if inserted improperly, this causes the foam to collapse OVER the tube leading to a awful sounding IEM.
What you have been showing us is anecdotal evidence that is insufficient suggest that Complys are bad. Period.
There's a reason I ignore a majority of posts, no offense, because people don't have the experience necessary to give an informed and educated opinion that I'm usually looking for that others such as Average Joe, Project86 or |joker| and more can offer me.
Edited by Cassadian - 6/3/12 at 8:14am
In that case M size might be too small. I tend to use Complys that is one size bigger than my usual size when using silicone tips -- I'm usually using smaller size silicone tips, but M for Complys -- Since you have to pinch the thing and let it expand inside your ear canal for good, tight seal.
I had Heir 3.Ai and I also used T-400. I basically just force-jammed the tips into the stem, and it worked out just fine for me. It's just that I was using Comply one size bigger than my usual size so the foam sticks tighter into my ear canals' surface after expanding.
Just make sure that you pinch the Comply before putting it into your ear canals and let the foam expand.
Glad to see our fans instructing others about Comply! For superior memory foam tips, you gotta expect to pay some cash for them. A pair of tips should last the "average" user about 3 months... so $5 for 3 months is hopefully worth it!
Let me know if you have any other questions about Comply tips and how to properly use/insert them...
- Comply Foam Tips Appreciation Thread
- › Pro-Ject + Schiit + Sennheiser 40 seconds ago
- › Show us your Sony ES collection. 53 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: The Stunning McIntosh D100 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding the right cans for people with Tinnitus 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 8 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 10 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 11 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)