I'd be happy with a 3G if I could find one anywhere.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Firestone Fubar IV or Styleaudio Carat Ruby 2 or Headstage Arrow 12HE Last post on 7/18/11 at 3:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
- Headphone Impedance
Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't think you can order the 4G right now.
I dropped by the site and apparently you can't order them.
Maybe too many people ordered it, so he stopped accepting orders for a while?
I know how bad Robert can be with replies and dates because
I already had that experience with him when I got my Penguin amp (which took like 4~5 months),
but I would like to get my hands on a 4G too, so I hope he starts accepting orders again soon...
LOL. Yeah ... I've got a special running on my own (recently received, mind you) .. 3G Arrow ... I'm only asking $600.00 US! Come and get it!!
i'm very interested in this amp, but can't get a reply for information from Robert. Wondering if someone could answer my question: with the two inputs (front and back) is it possible to connect two seperate sources simultaneously, or does one input jack auto-cutoff the other? THANKS for any more detailed info you can provide on this amp (or previous version).
At first I thought... why would you want to input simultaneously? Then I thought it might be cool to plug in my bass (active pick-ups) and play along with a song using my player in one side and bass in other.
If you do not mind.. What was your reason for asking?
Just got an e-mail from Robert (unsolicited).
you ordered the Arrow headphone amplifier...I'm sorry for all the delay and bad communication. We are now assembling the amps and we will ship the first batch in 2 weeks from California.
The whole production stuck because of the aluminium enclosures. They are difficult to produce due to the small thickness and my request for high quality. After several suppliers failed to make them correctly I went to China to attend the production by my self and to found out the problems. I wanted to stay max. 2 month but now I am here for 7 month (getting a new visa every month in Hong Kong!) I had to set up the production by my own as no supplier was able to make it according to my requests. Unfortunately this was the most time-consuming way as getting around in China is "challenging" and the business rules are different. I wasn't able to tell shipping dates as many of you asked. Even the simple things got very complicated.
There was more in the e-mail, but this was the part about why delay and the projected shipping.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the plans of mice and Robert got waylaid in Hong Kong, R&D no matter how well we plan, there are always monkey wrenches thrown into the mix, YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! won't be long now boys and girls, THE WAIT IS OVER!! the rain is coming! boy oh boy and what a dry spell it was, woosh! we were never worried hey, not for a minute, I bet its gonna be a sweet one too!!!
and no more,
Edited by ANDEROAN - 12/29/11 at 2:33pm
Okay, some people got their amp and went silent. Is the 4G so good everyone is too busy listening to music? I mostly lurk, but if no one is going to talk....
For what ever this out of weight-class comparison is worth, it is louder/clearer/cleaner than my FiiO E11. I went back and forth with a RockBox'd Clip+ and Sennheiser HD595 headphones.
Edited by truckdriver - 2/8/12 at 5:34pm
Yea I have been checking it out. I plug it into my J3. Some say without a LO it makes no sense to amp a J3, but I really like it. The sound and size work perfectly for me (it replaced the ibasso D4).
I have some hearing issues (eardrums lack flexibility) so being able get detail at lower volumes is important. These paired with the RE 262 sound great and the details are present for me. I find all the settings are subtle but noticeable. Being that I am using the headphone out of a J3 that has a good equalizer, I tend to leave the amp neutral where the Arrow is very transparent and clean as can be yet it adds power to drive the RE 262's properly.
I have not yet tried them with the TripleFi 10 yet as I mostly use those for situations where I do not have my preferred source.
I am not real proficient at detail analysis as you see :o)
The Cowon has a great Headphone out! It is often underestimated. How have you been setting the volume out on the J3?
I am using a X7
sorry I should have PM you Rat Salad, a bit off topic. Apologies again!
Edited by spkrs01 - 2/10/12 at 4:58am
- Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 seconds ago
- › Audiofly AF120 v. AF78? 17 seconds ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Any info/reviews of the Soundblaster E3 and E1? 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)