I'd be happy with a 3G if I could find one anywhere.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Firestone Fubar IV or Styleaudio Carat Ruby 2 or Headstage Arrow 12HE Last post on 7/18/11 at 3:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
- Headphone Impedance
Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't think you can order the 4G right now.
I dropped by the site and apparently you can't order them.
Maybe too many people ordered it, so he stopped accepting orders for a while?
I know how bad Robert can be with replies and dates because
I already had that experience with him when I got my Penguin amp (which took like 4~5 months),
but I would like to get my hands on a 4G too, so I hope he starts accepting orders again soon...
LOL. Yeah ... I've got a special running on my own (recently received, mind you) .. 3G Arrow ... I'm only asking $600.00 US! Come and get it!!
i'm very interested in this amp, but can't get a reply for information from Robert. Wondering if someone could answer my question: with the two inputs (front and back) is it possible to connect two seperate sources simultaneously, or does one input jack auto-cutoff the other? THANKS for any more detailed info you can provide on this amp (or previous version).
At first I thought... why would you want to input simultaneously? Then I thought it might be cool to plug in my bass (active pick-ups) and play along with a song using my player in one side and bass in other.
If you do not mind.. What was your reason for asking?
Just got an e-mail from Robert (unsolicited).
you ordered the Arrow headphone amplifier...I'm sorry for all the delay and bad communication. We are now assembling the amps and we will ship the first batch in 2 weeks from California.
The whole production stuck because of the aluminium enclosures. They are difficult to produce due to the small thickness and my request for high quality. After several suppliers failed to make them correctly I went to China to attend the production by my self and to found out the problems. I wanted to stay max. 2 month but now I am here for 7 month (getting a new visa every month in Hong Kong!) I had to set up the production by my own as no supplier was able to make it according to my requests. Unfortunately this was the most time-consuming way as getting around in China is "challenging" and the business rules are different. I wasn't able to tell shipping dates as many of you asked. Even the simple things got very complicated.
There was more in the e-mail, but this was the part about why delay and the projected shipping.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the plans of mice and Robert got waylaid in Hong Kong, R&D no matter how well we plan, there are always monkey wrenches thrown into the mix, YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! won't be long now boys and girls, THE WAIT IS OVER!! the rain is coming! boy oh boy and what a dry spell it was, woosh! we were never worried hey, not for a minute, I bet its gonna be a sweet one too!!!
and no more,
Edited by ANDEROAN - 12/29/11 at 2:33pm
Okay, some people got their amp and went silent. Is the 4G so good everyone is too busy listening to music? I mostly lurk, but if no one is going to talk....
For what ever this out of weight-class comparison is worth, it is louder/clearer/cleaner than my FiiO E11. I went back and forth with a RockBox'd Clip+ and Sennheiser HD595 headphones.
Edited by truckdriver - 2/8/12 at 5:34pm
Yea I have been checking it out. I plug it into my J3. Some say without a LO it makes no sense to amp a J3, but I really like it. The sound and size work perfectly for me (it replaced the ibasso D4).
I have some hearing issues (eardrums lack flexibility) so being able get detail at lower volumes is important. These paired with the RE 262 sound great and the details are present for me. I find all the settings are subtle but noticeable. Being that I am using the headphone out of a J3 that has a good equalizer, I tend to leave the amp neutral where the Arrow is very transparent and clean as can be yet it adds power to drive the RE 262's properly.
I have not yet tried them with the TripleFi 10 yet as I mostly use those for situations where I do not have my preferred source.
I am not real proficient at detail analysis as you see :o)
The Cowon has a great Headphone out! It is often underestimated. How have you been setting the volume out on the J3?
I am using a X7
sorry I should have PM you Rat Salad, a bit off topic. Apologies again!
Edited by spkrs01 - 2/10/12 at 4:58am
- Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Vinyl Record Players? 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 9 minutes ago
- › Studio Six - A Reference Headphone Amp from ALO Audio - Now Available! 10 minutes ago
- › Moving to a more sensitive house! 10 minutes ago
- › REPLACING FOAM PADS ON JECKLIN FLOAT PS2 10 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2