I'd be happy with a 3G if I could find one anywhere.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Firestone Fubar IV or Styleaudio Carat Ruby 2 or Headstage Arrow 12HE Last post on 7/18/11 at 3:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Some advice for a portable amp/dac and home amp? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
- Headphone Impedance
Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I don't think you can order the 4G right now.
I dropped by the site and apparently you can't order them.
Maybe too many people ordered it, so he stopped accepting orders for a while?
I know how bad Robert can be with replies and dates because
I already had that experience with him when I got my Penguin amp (which took like 4~5 months),
but I would like to get my hands on a 4G too, so I hope he starts accepting orders again soon...
LOL. Yeah ... I've got a special running on my own (recently received, mind you) .. 3G Arrow ... I'm only asking $600.00 US! Come and get it!!
i'm very interested in this amp, but can't get a reply for information from Robert. Wondering if someone could answer my question: with the two inputs (front and back) is it possible to connect two seperate sources simultaneously, or does one input jack auto-cutoff the other? THANKS for any more detailed info you can provide on this amp (or previous version).
At first I thought... why would you want to input simultaneously? Then I thought it might be cool to plug in my bass (active pick-ups) and play along with a song using my player in one side and bass in other.
If you do not mind.. What was your reason for asking?
Just got an e-mail from Robert (unsolicited).
you ordered the Arrow headphone amplifier...I'm sorry for all the delay and bad communication. We are now assembling the amps and we will ship the first batch in 2 weeks from California.
The whole production stuck because of the aluminium enclosures. They are difficult to produce due to the small thickness and my request for high quality. After several suppliers failed to make them correctly I went to China to attend the production by my self and to found out the problems. I wanted to stay max. 2 month but now I am here for 7 month (getting a new visa every month in Hong Kong!) I had to set up the production by my own as no supplier was able to make it according to my requests. Unfortunately this was the most time-consuming way as getting around in China is "challenging" and the business rules are different. I wasn't able to tell shipping dates as many of you asked. Even the simple things got very complicated.
There was more in the e-mail, but this was the part about why delay and the projected shipping.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the plans of mice and Robert got waylaid in Hong Kong, R&D no matter how well we plan, there are always monkey wrenches thrown into the mix, YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! won't be long now boys and girls, THE WAIT IS OVER!! the rain is coming! boy oh boy and what a dry spell it was, woosh! we were never worried hey, not for a minute, I bet its gonna be a sweet one too!!!
and no more,
Edited by ANDEROAN - 12/29/11 at 2:33pm
Okay, some people got their amp and went silent. Is the 4G so good everyone is too busy listening to music? I mostly lurk, but if no one is going to talk....
For what ever this out of weight-class comparison is worth, it is louder/clearer/cleaner than my FiiO E11. I went back and forth with a RockBox'd Clip+ and Sennheiser HD595 headphones.
Edited by truckdriver - 2/8/12 at 5:34pm
Yea I have been checking it out. I plug it into my J3. Some say without a LO it makes no sense to amp a J3, but I really like it. The sound and size work perfectly for me (it replaced the ibasso D4).
I have some hearing issues (eardrums lack flexibility) so being able get detail at lower volumes is important. These paired with the RE 262 sound great and the details are present for me. I find all the settings are subtle but noticeable. Being that I am using the headphone out of a J3 that has a good equalizer, I tend to leave the amp neutral where the Arrow is very transparent and clean as can be yet it adds power to drive the RE 262's properly.
I have not yet tried them with the TripleFi 10 yet as I mostly use those for situations where I do not have my preferred source.
I am not real proficient at detail analysis as you see :o)
The Cowon has a great Headphone out! It is often underestimated. How have you been setting the volume out on the J3?
I am using a X7
sorry I should have PM you Rat Salad, a bit off topic. Apologies again!
Edited by spkrs01 - 2/10/12 at 4:58am
- Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Android-fi! 46 seconds ago
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Gaming headset for call of duty ps4 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 3 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: advanced tutorial (in progress) 4 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › [Appreciation] Westone UM PRO Series & W-Series 4 minutes ago
- › New user, just saying 'HI!' 5 minutes ago
- › How to get uncompressed music onto an IPhone, IPod, or PC? 6 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe