Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G

post #1 of 50
Thread Starter 

I apologize in advance if this is an outdated topic.

I've been interested in the Arrow amp since its inception, but have never really had the means to purchase one.

Recently I looked up on the Headphonia website to find that the 3G was no longer offered, and had since been replaced with a pre-order of the new 4G model.

I'm wondering as to when this happened, and what the differences are between the 3G and 4G versions, as the 3G specs are no longer listed on the Headphonia website.

post #2 of 50

this happened maybe 1-2 months ago. Rob has been testing this 4g for a while and as soon as his last stock of 3g's were sold, he decided to stop making the 3g and make the 4g only. The difference between the 3g and 4g is that the IMP switch has been changed with a tremble switch. Most people don't use the IMP switch anyways, so it shouldn't make a huge difference that he took it out. Some people that have tried the pre production 4g say that it's exactly the same as the 3g besides the Tremble switch. Look up the arrow headstage thread and you'll find more info on this

post #3 of 50

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysleepyboi View Post

this happened maybe 1-2 months ago. Rob has been testing this 4g for a while and as soon as his last stock of 3g's were sold, he decided to stop making the 3g and make the 4g only. The difference between the 3g and 4g is that the IMP switch has been changed with a tremble switch. Most people don't use the IMP switch anyways, so it shouldn't make a huge difference that he took it out. Some people that have tried the pre production 4g say that it's exactly the same as the 3g besides the Tremble switch. Look up the arrow headstage thread and you'll find more info on this


I believe that this is correct, I think that the 4G will be very similar to the 3G.

However, is there also a bass boost function or something on the new 4G?, As well as the Treble Switch. 

 

So to me, it seams like the 4G will be easier to fine tune its' sound sig. to your like liking. But who knows..

 

 

 

post #4 of 50

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasklam View Post

 


I believe that this is correct, I think that the 4G will be very similar to the 3G.

However, is there also a bass boost function or something on the new 4G?, As well as the Treble Switch. 

 

So to me, it seams like the 4G will be easier to fine tune its' sound sig. to your like liking. But who knows..

 

 

 



when Rob (owner of headphonia) made the mass production 3g models he noticed that some people were complaining about the bass function having too much of a jump between the 1 and 2 stage. So in his newer models, he's adjusting it so it's a less jump in terms of bass. In actuality, most people don't use the bass because although it gets you into the music, you lose a sense of that analytical sound

post #5 of 50

 

Ok cool, didn't know that. I have never heard the Arrow either.

 

post #6 of 50

anyone have an idea or had contact with Rob about shipping? I had a preorder that, maybe 2 weeks ago, changed status to processing. I emailed Rob a few times about when shipping might be happening now that the order is in processing but haven't heard anything back so just was about to come here and make a separate thread but since this one is here, figured no need to make another thread. 

post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2101 View Post

anyone have an idea or had contact with Rob about shipping? I had a preorder that, maybe 2 weeks ago, changed status to processing. I emailed Rob a few times about when shipping might be happening now that the order is in processing but haven't heard anything back so just was about to come here and make a separate thread but since this one is here, figured no need to make another thread. 



well you can try him on facebook, but my guess is that he's busy with the 4g production line. What were you going to try to do? Ask him about how long it will take? If you're in the United States, USPS will be most likely the shipping method. It'll take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to get to you. I waited about 2-3 weeks before i got mine. I ordered at the beginning of November, 2010 and then received it 2 weeks into January. So just be patient and it'll pay off completely. Try contacting Rob off facebook or just email him again and he'll eventually get back to you. I don't know what his work crew is, so maybe it is just him doing it all. I can't say anything definitively so just try emailing him again and hope that he emails you back relatively quick

post #8 of 50

.  Quote:

Rob (owner of headphonia) made the mass production 3g models he noticed that some people were complaining about the bass function having too much of a jump between the 1 and 2 stage. So in his newer models, he's adjusting it so it's a less jump in terms of bass. In actuality, most people don't use the bass because although it gets you into the music, you lose a sense of that analytical sound

 

It looks like a change to more than just the gain on the bass, on a reply on his facebook he called it warmer (tubilicious).  Ok I am paraphrasing a bit see actual quote below

 

In response to whats new on 4g... "It will have a treble switch instead of the impedance switch, a bass boost that only makes the music warmer (tube-like) and a lower gain setting"

 

I ordered mine two days ago... long wait I guess.. 

post #9 of 50


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Salad View Post

.  Quote:

 

It looks like a change to more than just the gain on the bass, on a reply on his facebook he called it warmer (tubilicious).  Ok I am paraphrasing a bit see actual quote below

 

In response to whats new on 4g... "It will have a treble switch instead of the impedance switch, a bass boost that only makes the music warmer (tube-like) and a lower gain setting"

 

I ordered mine two days ago... long wait I guess.. 



long wait, big payoff

post #10 of 50

hey maybe somebody might know if the 3g version with the impedence switch would synergize better with the 150ohm impedence of the re262's, or should I opt for the 4g version and not worry about having the impedence boost switch? I really like the treble switch option on the 4g version, but wouldn't want too suffer if the impedence switch would be better to help with the high imp on the 262's? thanks!

post #11 of 50

i dont have the re262 so i really can't tell you in respect to those IEMs. But if experience (my ears) and things that i've read around the arrow appreciation thread, it really makes no difference. Just go for the 4g and get that tremble switch!

post #12 of 50

yea thats what  I'm thinking the 4g will do just fine, and I'll finally get to do a head to head the my GS Voyager, which I love alot, ggrrr can't wait,

post #13 of 50

Does anyone know what is the waiting period for the 4G version? It says pre-order on the website. I sent them an email but haven't gotten a response back yet. 

post #14 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

Does anyone know what is the waiting period for the 4G version? It says pre-order on the website. I sent them an email but haven't gotten a response back yet. 


I pre-ordered my self on 7Th April . and it is still in Order processing confused_face%281%29.gif .

 

post #15 of 50

Wow that is quite a wait. Well, I did some research here and decided to go with Leckerton UHA-4. It has pretty good reviews and quite cheaper. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post




I pre-ordered my self on 7Th April . and it is still in Order processing confused_face%281%29.gif .

 



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Headstage Arrow Amp 12HE 4G