Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › LCD2 lifespan ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LCD2 lifespan ?

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 

 

I had lcd2 for about less than a month now and my left cup broke. :(

 

I don't use this headphone everyday, maybe 1 or 2 hours every other day with medium volume with RSA SR71b balanced cable.

 

Right side of the can is perfectly fine but just weird that one side break this easily.

 

My questions are to people who own lcd2,

 

1. How long did you use before it breaks ? or maybe I have one of unlucky defected one ?

 

2. How is the Audeze after service/waranty ?

 

I emailed them and hopefully get an answer soon, will post back.

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 32
Did the driver stop working or did the left earpiece physically break? Either way, the warranty should cover it, best of luck!
post #3 of 32

and if the driver stopped working, did you have them re-cabled? or are you using an adapter?

post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpoor View Post

and if the driver stopped working, did you have them re-cabled? or are you using an adapter?



What do you mean by an adaptor please? are you talking about a cable that goes from 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch mini jack if so why would that break the driver?

post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post





What do you mean by an adaptor please? are you talking about a cable that goes from 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch mini jack if so why would that break the driver?


The OP said that he was using a RSA SR71b balanced cable, So either he is using an adapter from 4pin balanced or 2x3pin balanced to the RSA connector or he had the headphone recabled or reterminated.

 

post #6 of 32

Ahh, got you now. Thank you.

post #7 of 32
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germancub View Post

Did the driver stop working or did the left earpiece physically break? Either way, the warranty should cover it, best of luck!


Ya it just stopped working all the sudden, no physical damage, I take care of this headphone. :(

 

Good thing to hear there is a warranty, thanks !

 

 

post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpoor View Post

and if the driver stopped working, did you have them re-cabled? or are you using an adapter?



Ya, I am using ALO balanced headphone cable from LCD2 to balanced input to SR-71b.

 

Is there any significant harms when using the balanced connectors ?

 

Thanks in advance.

post #9 of 32

Hmmm, there really seems to be a lot of driver problems with the LCD-2 recently, must be a faulty batch. I've had no problem with mine at all, been using mine at least 2-3 hours everyday since I got them in October last year.

post #10 of 32
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danz03 View Post

Hmmm, there really seems to be a lot of driver problems with the LCD-2 recently, must be a faulty batch. I've had no problem with mine at all, been using mine at least 2-3 hours everyday since I got them in October last year.


Really ? maybe mine was one from the bad batch set. :(

 

post #11 of 32

Have you read the LCD-2 thread?  This is all really well covered in the last 2 pages.  There were some problems with some LCD-2's, but Audeze is taking care of everyone.  Everyone who has ever reported a problem with their phones got it resolved quickly afaik. 

post #12 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

Have you read the LCD-2 thread?  This is all really well covered in the last 2 pages.  There were some problems with some LCD-2's, but Audeze is taking care of everyone.  Everyone who has ever reported a problem with their phones got it resolved quickly afaik. 



Oh I guess I miss that 2 last pages of thousand from this site :)  Do you mind pointing to that if you still remember ?

I emailed Alex at Audeze, I know Audeze has one of fast and best customer care, I don't worry about that.

 

My main concern is if I am over using headphone or not suppose to use balanced cables for more than few hours a day... ?

 

I use Beyerdynamic DT990 every other day at least 1-2 hours and Sennheiser can for at least 5 hours every day since last year without no problems.

post #13 of 32

balanced cables have nothing to do with it.  Just read the last few pages of the huge LCD-2 thread.  It's in the high-end forum.  Some others have had this problem.  Audeze has confirmed the problem on their blog on their website. 

post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post

balanced cables have nothing to do with it.  Just read the last few pages of the huge LCD-2 thread.  It's in the high-end forum.  Some others have had this problem.  Audeze has confirmed the problem on their blog on their website. 


Thanks ! I just read their blog and very well explained.  Mine could be one of bad batch. ...

 

 

 

post #15 of 32

My opinion is that Audeze must know what cans are in this bad batch and should simply recall them rather than waiting for them to fail.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › LCD2 lifespan ?