Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 5

post #61 of 1107

WNBC I am a huge fan of piano as well. Will post some later when I get back from work

post #62 of 1107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBC View Post

Hey WarriorAnt, do you have any recommendations for piano?  I recall you are a big into how piano is reproduced in headphones.  My collection of solo performances only includes the Keith Jarrett Koln Concert.  I listen to a lot of trios (piano, drums, bass) but was wondering if you had any personal favorites for solo piano. 



I just picked up Bill Evans discography but I haven't gone through it yet.  Oddly though I'm less of a fan of solo works as I am of the piano inside the working group of most genres.  I love all the jazz pianist from the 50's  Red Garland, Ahmad Jamal, McCoy Tyner, Wynton Kelly, Tommy Flanagan, Thelonius Monk, Duke ellington.    

post #63 of 1107

Ok here's a few I listen to, mostly solo

David Lanz, Charlie Mole, Scott D. Davis, Yanni, Yann Tiersen, Yuja Wang

post #64 of 1107

Thanks WarrorAnt and Brasewel, this is a good list to start with this weekend.  Just got my Norse cable yesterday so now I'm ready for pure listening. 

 

I signed up for a library card, it's been about 20 years since I used the public library.  Lots changed, when I receive my library card in the mail I will be able to listen online to free content for streaming.  

 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt View Post

I just picked up Bill Evans discography but I haven't gone through it yet.  Oddly though I'm less of a fan of solo works as I am of the piano inside the working group of most genres.  I love all the jazz pianist from the 50's  Red Garland, Ahmad Jamal, McCoy Tyner, Wynton Kelly, Tommy Flanagan, Thelonius Monk, Duke ellington.    

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasewel View Post

Ok here's a few I listen to, mostly solo

David Lanz, Charlie Mole, Scott D. Davis, Yanni, Yann Tiersen, Yuja Wang



 

post #65 of 1107

Just so that everyone knows, Grooveshark is a great place to stream music (192kbps mostly) for free. They have a massive collection of songs and albums. Mog is another good place (320kbps), but they charge $4 a month and their collection is not as extensive as Grooveshark.

post #66 of 1107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNBC View Post

Thanks WarrorAnt and Brasewel, this is a good list to start with this weekend.  Just got my Norse cable yesterday so now I'm ready for pure listening. 

 

I signed up for a library card, it's been about 20 years since I used the public library.  Lots changed, when I receive my library card in the mail I will be able to listen online to free content for streaming.  

 
 

Lots of folks don't know that they can browse their library online through the library website.  As I mentioned earlier get into the county system if you have one.  We have city libraries here also but I do not use them because the collection and funding cannot match a county system. 

post #67 of 1107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasewel View Post

Just so that everyone knows, Grooveshark is a great place to stream music (192kbps mostly) for free. They have a massive collection of songs and albums. Mog is another good place (320kbps), but they charge $4 a month and their collection is not as extensive as Grooveshark.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out.
 

 

post #68 of 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasewel View Post

Just so that everyone knows, Grooveshark is a great place to stream music (192kbps mostly) for free. They have a massive collection of songs and albums. Mog is another good place (320kbps), but they charge $4 a month and their collection is not as extensive as Grooveshark.



I checked out Grooveshark again today I found some old Black 'N Blue that I had not heard in ages thanks for the reminder

post #69 of 1107
Thread Starter 

 

Lizz Wright, Dreaming Wide Awake, CD: Dreaming Wide Awake

 

Laurie Anderson, Walking & Falling, CD: Big Science

 

Laura Marling, Alpha Shallows, CD: I Speak Because I Can

 

Beth Orton, Comfort of Strangers #9, CD: Comfort of Strangers 

 

Squirrel Nut Zippers, Fat Cat Keeps Getting Fatter, CD: Lost At Sea

 

Laura Marling, Failure, CD: Alas,CD: I Cannot Swim

 

Laura Marling, Shine, CD: Alas,CD: I Cannot Swim

 

Keiko Matsui, Falcon's Wing, CD: The Road...

 

Meredith Monk, CD: Do You Be

 

 

 

 

post #70 of 1107
how is the LCD-2 with EDM? not ATB, but progressive and tech trance.
post #71 of 1107
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoz View Post

how is the LCD-2 with EDM? not ATB, but progressive and tech trance.


Name some of your favorites and I'll see if I have them.  Generally for me the LCD is excellent with all the music I've tried so far.  The better the DAC and the better the amp the better the LCD's sound.

post #72 of 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt View Post





Name some of your favorites and I'll see if I have them.  Generally for me the LCD is excellent with all the music I've tried so far.  The better the DAC and the better the amp the better the LCD's sound.


Radion6 - Up We Go
Dakota - Johnny the Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
AstroNivo - Ah, Das Ist Gut (Alter Breed Remix)
Mark Knight & Michael Woods - Banger (Original Club Mix)
Arnej - They Need Us

most of these are either on Markus Schultz' monthly Global DJ Top 15 or on Sander van Doorn's Identity Essentials compilations. you can also probably find them on youtube and definitely on zippyshare (320kbs MP3).

thanks!

btw my plans are LCD-2 with Schiit Lyr, using my X-Fi HD as a DAC (2Vrms RCA L-R)
Edited by fomoz - 6/11/11 at 5:01pm
post #73 of 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoz View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorAnt View Post





Name some of your favorites and I'll see if I have them.  Generally for me the LCD is excellent with all the music I've tried so far.  The better the DAC and the better the amp the better the LCD's sound.




Radion6 - Up We Go
Dakota - Johnny the Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix)
AstroNivo - Ah, Das Ist Gut (Alter Breed Remix)
Mark Knight & Michael Woods - Banger (Original Club Mix)
Arnej - They Need Us

most of these are either on Markus Schultz' monthly Global DJ Top 15 or on Sander van Doorn's Identity Essentials compilations. you can also probably find them on youtube and definitely on zippyshare (320kbs MP3).

thanks!

btw my plans are LCD-2 with Schiit Lyr, using my X-Fi HD as a DAC (2Vrms RCA L-R)

I just listed to "Arnej - They Need" Us bass was thumping my head I have the Lyr sounded awesome

 

post #74 of 1107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScary View Post



I just listed to "Arnej - They Need" Us bass was thumping my head I have the Lyr sounded awesome

 

nice, thanks! biggrin.gif
post #75 of 1107

The LCD-2 is good with all kinds of music but with EDM or death metal I think the D7000 is a better headphone. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...