Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:42am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman 400 vs 500 ????? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2post #16 of 11056/5/11 at 11:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11056/5/11 at 4:51pmThread Starter
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bagpost #18 of 11056/5/11 at 6:06pm
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.post #19 of 11056/5/11 at 6:56pmQuote:
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.post #20 of 11056/5/11 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #21 of 11056/5/11 at 8:43pmpost #22 of 11056/5/11 at 10:59pmpost #23 of 11056/6/11 at 12:11amQuote:
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.post #24 of 11056/6/11 at 9:08pm
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.post #25 of 11056/6/11 at 11:29pm
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pmpost #26 of 11056/7/11 at 5:45ampost #27 of 11056/7/11 at 6:33am
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39ampost #28 of 11056/7/11 at 6:38am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
Quote:post #29 of 11056/7/11 at 7:12am
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
post #30 of 11056/7/11 at 7:32amI listen mostly to Dave Matthews band as well. In addition to Crash, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is an excellent studio album. As for the live performances, Live Trax 7, from Hampton Coliseum is the best in terms of set list and sound quality.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Hello and upgrade advice from AKG K271 Studios 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-2 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › will dac eliminate the buzzing sound? 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 9 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)