Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
-Introduction- In the audiophile world, it’s not uncommon to see products promise to deliver great things, often at prices that undercut their competitors. The community loves to take these...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2post #16 of 11076/5/11 at 11:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11076/5/11 at 4:51pmThread Starter
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bagpost #18 of 11076/5/11 at 6:06pm
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.post #19 of 11076/5/11 at 6:56pmQuote:
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.post #20 of 11076/5/11 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #21 of 11076/5/11 at 8:43pmpost #22 of 11076/5/11 at 10:59pmpost #23 of 11076/6/11 at 12:11amQuote:
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.post #24 of 11076/6/11 at 9:08pm
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.post #25 of 11076/6/11 at 11:29pm
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pmpost #26 of 11076/7/11 at 5:45ampost #27 of 11076/7/11 at 6:33am
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39ampost #28 of 11076/7/11 at 6:38am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
Quote:post #29 of 11076/7/11 at 7:12am
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
post #30 of 11076/7/11 at 7:32amI listen mostly to Dave Matthews band as well. In addition to Crash, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is an excellent studio album. As for the live performances, Live Trax 7, from Hampton Coliseum is the best in terms of set list and sound quality.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Flagship ciem reload ! 3 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Quiet Comfort or IEM? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Cinder
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...