Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- HiFiman 400 vs 500 ????? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth upgrading from NuForce HDP (DAC) to Schiit Bifrost for Audeze LCD-2? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:18am in Dedicated Source Components
- LCD-2 vs Grado RS2i Last post on 3/13/14 at 9:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- need help choosing future high end gear Last post on 2/26/14 at 8:28am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What type of alcohol is your headphone? Last post on 1/16/14 at 3:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2post #16 of 11046/5/11 at 11:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11046/5/11 at 4:51pmThread Starter
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bagpost #18 of 11046/5/11 at 6:06pm
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.post #19 of 11046/5/11 at 6:56pmQuote:
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.post #20 of 11046/5/11 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #21 of 11046/5/11 at 8:43pmpost #22 of 11046/5/11 at 10:59pmpost #23 of 11046/6/11 at 12:11amQuote:
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.post #24 of 11046/6/11 at 9:08pm
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.post #25 of 11046/6/11 at 11:29pm
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pmpost #26 of 11046/7/11 at 5:45ampost #27 of 11046/7/11 at 6:33am
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39ampost #28 of 11046/7/11 at 6:38am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
Quote:post #29 of 11046/7/11 at 7:12am
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
post #30 of 11046/7/11 at 7:32amI listen mostly to Dave Matthews band as well. In addition to Crash, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is an excellent studio album. As for the live performances, Live Trax 7, from Hampton Coliseum is the best in terms of set list and sound quality.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 40 seconds ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 48 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Mouse -Fi 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 2 minutes ago
- › An amp is what I need ? 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude