Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 7/16/14 at 1:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $1000-$2000 [POLL] Last post on 4/29/14 at 11:56pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Head Fi's Favourite Amp for the Audeze LCD 2: $200-$1000 [POLL] Last post on 5/12/14 at 2:23am in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiman 400 vs 500 ????? Last post on 3/31/14 at 8:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth upgrading from NuForce HDP (DAC) to Schiit Bifrost for Audeze LCD-2? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:18am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bag
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pm
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 seconds ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 11 seconds ago
- › Do I need an amp for these Cans? 43 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 8 minutes ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 15 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)