Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2post #16 of 11076/5/11 at 11:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11076/5/11 at 4:51pmThread Starter
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bagpost #18 of 11076/5/11 at 6:06pm
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.post #19 of 11076/5/11 at 6:56pmQuote:
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.post #20 of 11076/5/11 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #21 of 11076/5/11 at 8:43pmpost #22 of 11076/5/11 at 10:59pmpost #23 of 11076/6/11 at 12:11amQuote:
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.post #24 of 11076/6/11 at 9:08pm
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.post #25 of 11076/6/11 at 11:29pm
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pmpost #26 of 11076/7/11 at 5:45ampost #27 of 11076/7/11 at 6:33am
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39ampost #28 of 11076/7/11 at 6:38am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
Quote:post #29 of 11076/7/11 at 7:12am
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
post #30 of 11076/7/11 at 7:32amI listen mostly to Dave Matthews band as well. In addition to Crash, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is an excellent studio album. As for the live performances, Live Trax 7, from Hampton Coliseum is the best in terms of set list and sound quality.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 10 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 18 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 34 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Undecided between Shure SE425 and Sennheiser IE80 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...