Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Who else suffers from very little usable range on the volume knob? Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is the LCD-2 worth the $1k price? Last post on 3/15/16 at 5:21am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Asgard 2 dynamic range compression in high gain mode? Last post on 10/1/14 at 9:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ordered new Audeze LCD 2s, expected 2.2s got 2.3s!!! Last post on 8/7/14 at 8:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
I have owned the Darkvoice 336SE for a while now, and consider myself a discerning listener/audiophile. My listening setup consists of two KRK RP-5 studio reference monitors, and a KRK RP-10S, and...
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2post #16 of 11076/5/11 at 11:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11076/5/11 at 4:51pmThread Starter
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bagpost #18 of 11076/5/11 at 6:06pm
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.post #19 of 11076/5/11 at 6:56pmQuote:
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.post #20 of 11076/5/11 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #21 of 11076/5/11 at 8:43pmpost #22 of 11076/5/11 at 10:59pmpost #23 of 11076/6/11 at 12:11amQuote:
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.post #24 of 11076/6/11 at 9:08pm
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.post #25 of 11076/6/11 at 11:29pm
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pmpost #26 of 11076/7/11 at 5:45ampost #27 of 11076/7/11 at 6:33am
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39ampost #28 of 11076/7/11 at 6:38am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
Quote:post #29 of 11076/7/11 at 7:12am
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
post #30 of 11076/7/11 at 7:32amI listen mostly to Dave Matthews band as well. In addition to Crash, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is an excellent studio album. As for the live performances, Live Trax 7, from Hampton Coliseum is the best in terms of set list and sound quality.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review just now
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 27 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 33 seconds ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Releases the X7 Standard Edition (Without Amp Module) 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...