Looks like I'll be busy listening to some of the music listed here.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/7/11
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze LCD-2: 20% off at HeadAmp while supplies last! (or December 13-19) Last post on 12/20/13 at 9:18am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Obtained desired dac/amp/headphone chain, am CLUELESS about sound settings, audio players,... Last post on 12/1/13 at 2:29pm in Computer Audio
- Will a Pioneer DJM-900 mixer adequately power DT 900 Pro 600 Ohm or Audeze LCD-2 headphones? Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Black Friday Dilemma -- LCD-2, HE-400 or HE-500 Last post on 11/29/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-2 rev. 2 Bamboo, Schiit Mjolnir AMP and Schiit Gungnir DAC - *MINT* Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:23pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
This headphone has a great neutral sound but I can see many people finding the bass a bit too lean yet not light. This can be due to poor seal which as mentioned earlier is a bit tough to get for...
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... - Page 2post #16 of 11046/5/11 at 11:05am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 11046/5/11 at 4:51pmThread Starter
Toto Bona Lokua, Lisanga, CD: Putumayo Presents Music From The Chocolate Lands
Sara Bareilles, Gonna Get Over You, CD: Kaleidoscope Heart
Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon wheel, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
The Little Willies, It's Not You It's Me, CD: Putumayo Presents - Americana
Jackie McLean, Hootnan, CD: Action
Jackie McLean, Blue Inn, CD: Jackies Bagpost #18 of 11046/5/11 at 6:06pm
One of my goals will be to see out of Jax's 2000+ albums how much of my music does he have
Another fav of mine, Yonderboi's "Shallow and Profound"
This album got a lot of attention in Europe. He's a DJ but even if you are not into trip hop/downtempo music I would classify Shallow and Profound as an electronic jazz album. Lots of layered detail, deep beats, and piano riffs for the LCD-2.
Excellent songs on this album are Milonga del Mar, Riders on the Storm and Road Movie. You might not like every song but a good album to see what the LCD-2 can do in another genre like electronica.post #19 of 11046/5/11 at 6:56pmQuote:
LOL It looks like you're in my neighborhood (Seattle) so you can stop by and find out. I frequently just do "Random" and very rarely do I feel inclined to skip what I'm hearing. I actually like that way of getting introduced to music I haven't listened to more than once or twice. It's all good... I just find I'm far more selective as I get older. Ten or fifteen years ago I think my tastes would have been much broader. Weird.... Things change I guess. There have certainly been very consistent an longstanding favorites, some of which are represented on those ten I mentioned in the "Flawless Album" thread I linked to earlier.post #20 of 11046/5/11 at 8:08pmThread Starterpost #21 of 11046/5/11 at 8:43pmpost #22 of 11046/5/11 at 10:59pmpost #23 of 11046/6/11 at 12:11amQuote:
Some generous headfier gave me that very CD for Xmas and I can concur that it sounds wonderful on LCD-2's, though I am not so intimate with that instrument as my not-so-secret-Santa, clarinetman is though. I would say that's pretty high praise coming from someone who is that familiar with the instrument.post #24 of 11046/6/11 at 9:08pm
2008 Helge Lien Trio album "Hello Troll". Some exquisite piano playing combined with an amazing bass player and well-placed drumming.
Right from the Linn Records website:
"Comprising brilliant originals, piano solos and trio playing by pianist Helge Lien, bass player Frode Berg and drummer Knut Aalefjær, Hello Troll is possibly the best piano trio album ever to come from Norway."
I agree, amazing stuff from this trio and piano sounds natural on the LCD-2, as natural as possible not being live. On the LCD-2, the piano is up front and center, also probably due to some good mixing and recording. A group I would love to see live.post #25 of 11046/6/11 at 11:29pm
I have heard of melt in your mouth and not in your hands. but melt away in your ears.... I must say I am thoroughly enjoying
Over the Rhine - Ohio
Edited by KingStyles - 6/6/11 at 11:57pmpost #26 of 11046/7/11 at 5:45ampost #27 of 11046/7/11 at 6:33am
Two things: My listening is all over the lot-- everything from classical to hip hop-- with a particular taste for guitars (rock & blues) and keyboards (jazz & fusion). And second, like many I find the LCD-2 sounds great across genres; just about anything that is decently mastered will do. Hence I'm tempted to give a big list but instead I'll just list what I've been listening to for the past week that I find sounds particularly good on the LCD-2:
Derek Trucks, Already Free CD (it's rare that I like an entire album but this is one).
Lucinda Williams, Down the Big Road Blues and 2 Kool 2 be 4-Gotten [album version] from Car Wheels on a Gravel Road [Deluxe Edition]; Those Three Days from Live @ the Filmore; Are You Alright? from West.
Chick Corea/Gary Burton, What Game Shall We Play Today? from Crystal Silence [ECM Box Set]; La Fiesta [Duet Version] from New Crystal Silence.
Keb' Mo', More Than One Way Home and You Can Love Yourself from Just Like You.
Geez, I realized that there are so many others that I could list...
Edited by MHinGA - 6/7/11 at 6:39ampost #28 of 11046/7/11 at 6:38am
That's a good call; I just listened to it.
Quote:post #29 of 11046/7/11 at 7:12am
That's definitely my favourite album as well and was the first I listened to when I received my LCD-2s yesterday - it was glorious.
post #30 of 11046/7/11 at 7:32amI listen mostly to Dave Matthews band as well. In addition to Crash, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King is an excellent studio album. As for the live performances, Live Trax 7, from Hampton Coliseum is the best in terms of set list and sound quality.
- LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › HUGE TUBE SALE - 5AR4/5R4/5U4/274 Rectifiers, 6AS7G/6080 Power... 43 seconds ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 2 minutes ago
- › Amp for use with Klipsch B-20 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Denon D2000 3 minutes ago
- › HM-901 + Balanced & IEM amp cards + 128GB Sandisk + Forza balanced... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by countolaf
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital