Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › What's your foobar2000 setup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's your foobar2000 setup? - Page 7

post #91 of 365

my last one, I've removed the album list panel and I've changed some colour:

Untitled.png

post #92 of 365

A slightly modified version of someone's foobar skin (Kabuki and Foodly or something like that...). Very nice except that it stutters occasionaly as if it's buffering... Can't figure out why.

 

2.jpg

1.jpg


Edited by roob - 9/22/11 at 11:01am
post #93 of 365

Just installed foobar the other day on my desktop, so haven't had a chance to modify it quite yet, but here's mine at the moment.  Just the stock Metro theme:

foobar_skin.png

post #94 of 365

How do you get the different visualizers? only one I can add is the spectrum analyzer.  Can't find the plugin that has the tabs to choose between the different visualizations.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren700 View Post

foobar.png



*EDIT: ok after a ton of searching turns out that's built in if using the default ui.  So I guess to expand it I'm looking for one columnsui since I like the triple pane view and the album art in list.  Specifically I'm trying to find a spectogram panel for columnsui.  Although if something doesn't exist I may just switch back to the default ui


Edited by vrillusions - 9/25/11 at 1:00am
post #95 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrillusions View Post

How do you get the different visualizers? only one I can add is the spectrum analyzer.  Can't find the plugin that has the tabs to choose between the different visualizations.
 



*EDIT: ok after a ton of searching turns out that's built in if using the default ui.  So I guess to expand it I'm looking for one columnsui since I like the triple pane view and the album art in list.  Specifically I'm trying to find a spectogram panel for columnsui.  Although if something doesn't exist I may just switch back to the default ui

Go to layout, right click the splitter where you want to add the tabs.
Insert Panel -> Splitters -> Tab stack

Then add whatever visualizations you want to that tab stack.
Alternatively you can also add a horizontal/vertical splitter to the tab stack the have multiple panels within the same stack, like the darren700 did.

A dedicated spectrogram does not exist as far as I know. I find this annoying personally as well, but I don't have the programming experience to do anything about it. tongue.gif

There are alternative ways of getting a perfectly working spectrogram panel though.
Get the Spheck component. Install winamp, and install the MilkDrop plugin to winamp.
Then configure Spheck for use with MilkDrop. There should be multiple spectrogram visualizations for MilkDrop, and I'm sure you'll find one after some searching.
If you have a hard time finding one, I can upload the one I found.

I personally stopped using Spheck like this due to performance issues; Spheck kept lagging and freezing for no apparent reason. Everything else in foobar2000 was running as smooth as the daisies. Maybe you will have better luck.
post #96 of 365

I ended up just going back to DefaultUI and played with settings there.  Found the facets plugin to get my 3 panel layout I wanted.  Still a work in progress and still want to find a way to show album art in bottom list.  The spectogram is just the built in one.  All the milkdrop ones I found didn't look right and like you I didn't want to run milkdrop for something "simple" like this.

 

foobarlayout.th.png

post #97 of 365

defaultUI, some plugins - nothing too fancy.

 

Kind of unhappy with the font, still haven't found one that really fits...

 

Foobar_danj.jpg

post #98 of 365

Since I just mentioned before.  how did you get the album art in the playlist view?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danji View Post

defaultUI, some plugins - nothing too fancy.

 

Kind of unhappy with the font, still haven't found one that really fits...

 

Foobar_danj.jpg



 

post #99 of 365

new.png new2.png

post #100 of 365

Mildly edited Tech theme...

Capture.JPG

post #101 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrillusions View Post

Since I just mentioned before.  how did you get the album art in the playlist view?


It's the EsPlaylist plugin.

 

post #102 of 365

 foobar.png

simplicity :)

post #103 of 365
Here's my current setup. Maybe need to tweak the info panel a bit (top right). I noticed it has some sweet extra functions I have not tried yet biggrin.gif

So far I love how well the lyrics panel works. I can teach anyone how to make one as well, it's very simple actually. 3
  1. Get the Lyricsgrabber component, and the text display component (or any other component that can do the same). Note the lyricsgrabber component is a apperently a know source of crashes. I have never experienced such a crash, but if you installed it and you have frequent crashes then you know the cause! It can't break anything, but it can make foobar2000 unstable on some computers, nothing a quick install can't fix though.
  2. Set up the text display panel and make it display the following. Change to your liking.
    Code:
    $if([%lyrics],%lyrics%,No lyrics found!)
    
  3. Select all the songs you want lyrics for -> right click -> Lyrics Grabber -> Search All.
    Wait for him to finish (might take a while, especially if you chose hundreds of tracks), and voila! Lyrics will be displayed.

On a related note: I love Peter Sinfields lyrics. They are both beautiful poems and beautiful songs at the same time when performed by the likes of King Crimson.

600
Edited by Tilpo - 9/26/11 at 11:41pm
post #104 of 365


may i ask you the name of the bottom-right component?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Here's my current setup. Maybe need to tweak the info panel a bit (top right). I noticed it has some sweet extra functions I have not tried yet biggrin.gif

So far I love how well the lyrics panel works. I can teach anyone how to make one as well, it's very simple actually. 3
  1. Get the Lyricsgrabber component, and the text display component (or any other component that can do the same). Note the lyricsgrabber component is a apperently a know source of crashes. I have never experienced such a crash, but if you installed it and you have frequent crashes then you know the cause! It can't break anything, but it can make foobar2000 unstable on some computers, nothing a quick install can't fix though.
  2. Set up the text display panel and make it display the following. Change to your liking.
    Code:
    $if([%lyrics],%lyrics%,No lyrics found!)
    
  3. Select all the songs you want lyrics for -> right click -> Lyrics Grabber -> Search All.
    Wait for him to finish (might take a while, especially if you chose hundreds of tracks), and voila! Lyrics will be displayed.

On a related note: I love Peter Sinfields lyrics. They are both beautiful poems and beautiful songs at the same time when performed by the likes of King Crimson.

600

 

 

 

 

post #105 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachash View Post


may i ask you the name of the bottom-right component?

You may.
It's called foo_uie_peakmeter

If you also want the one above that then look at foo_uie_vis_channel_spectrum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › What's your foobar2000 setup?