Originally Posted by Tilpo
Without doing any scripting, the only way I know it to be possible is if you use the Panel Stack Splitter component in ColumnsUI (foo_uie_panel_splitter).
If you replace all your regular spitters with Panel Stack Splitters then you can add a background. I have done this, and the results are decent, but you will find that some components will not support a semi-transparent background.
This is an old picture of my configuration when I tried this:
While I miss the background feature, I otherwise think that default UI is better than ColumnsUI, so I don't use this anymore. As such I also forgot how to make it work exactly, but a quick google should do it.
I have several questions concerning foobar theme GUI setup etc.
i like the look of your interface; I'm new to foobar2000 and am comfortable with changing parameters etc.
I'm interrested to know what is your configuration:
1. Your playlist view what is it? Is it ESPlaylist or is it SimPlaylist?
With ESPlaylist i don't manage to get the little arrow in the Playing column for the file currently being played.
While in SimPlaylist it is there. And I see in your above image it is there too. So is it SimPlaylist ?
On the other hand, you have a search bar on botton which looks like the ESPlaylist search bar.. so i'm confused. Could you please tell me what do you use and how in a few words?
2. As fore the lyrics (i saw that on another screenshot of yours) you advise using two components , one for getting the lyrics in a tag and the other one for displaying text.
but i see that there is one a specific component on foobar website called LyricShowPanel 3.
Any advantage/disadvantage on one method comparing to the other?
3. A lot fo components are being discussed but the foobar website does not have them all listed in the components section. Why is it so ?
4. I'd like to have component for queing. In a few words i'd like it to contain the currently playing track and i'd like to be able to easily add tracks at the end of the queue, remove some tracks etc.
What method do you advise?
5. For browsing the computer file system what do you use?
6. I saw on one of your screenshots you have a component showing basic info for the current track. How do you do that? Actually i'd just liek to have a clear and not too big thong showing artist, album and title. plus time elpsed and total length. that it i think, maybe codec too..
Feel free to reply to any of those or all :)
Be well :)