Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best IEM under $100 for metal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best IEM under $100 for metal

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I ran out of my IEM's yesterday when my old pl30's died,now im on market to purchase in my budget.I listen death metal (tech/brutal esp.) mostly,some prog. rock and thrash sometimes. Using sansa fuze, dont have an amp (maybe i can get fiio E5) I want detailed, good at separating instruments(clearly wanna listen all parts of drums,guitar riffs,bass guitars,vocals) and good at isolating IEM's (im great with pl30's isolation to indicate what i like). I can get panasonic hje900 for about $95 or grado gr8 about $120 from a user here but im not sure whether they are good for metal or not,since reviews say mid recessed on hje900's and dont know about gr8. I thought to get pl50+e5 combo from mp4nation but again im not sure if it is the best choice for my budget because of reviews. then Re0 and RE-ZERO came to my mind but i dont know,my IEM's turn disordered so easily =) btw ; i live in Turkey so please don't suggest amazon deals or deals that would not be shipped WW =) I can stretch my budget about $20 but its my final line =)  hope to get whats best in these conditions


Edited by bakka - 6/3/11 at 5:56am
post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 

btw; I had silver bullet about 6 months ago (v1) and i really enjoy what I listen with it,good bass detailed and airy sound but isolation is not good at least on my ears.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

bump

post #4 of 10
I think the RE0 might be the best way for you to go due to the detail you will want for guitars etc.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I think the RE0 might be the best way for you to go due to the detail you will want for guitars etc.


Thank you for suggestion. But as far as i know, RE0 and RE-ZERO are two different IEM's and again as far as i know Re0 needs an amp, which i don't prefer to buy, in order to give its full performance and its known as " bass - weak " which again a bad condition for listening metal. Can you enlight me about Re0 please?

 


Edited by bakka - 6/3/11 at 9:11am
post #6 of 10

I think you can buy TF10Pro from here and they are amazing for the genres you mentioned with solid built quality and replaceble cable. The HJE900 are also very good for these genres with solid bass response.

post #7 of 10
If you want it all spend $155 and get the GR07 it has great bass, wonderful mids and detailed highs that are not sibilant once burned in. Guitars sound unbelievable on it. I have also owned the TF10 but did not like the recessed mids or it's comfort.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARIM View Post

I think you can buy TF10Pro from here and they are amazing for the genres you mentioned with solid built quality and replaceble cable. The HJE900 are also very good for these genres with solid bass response.

 

getting tf10pro is a dream comes true but arent they a bit out of my budget? about hje900, as i mentioned above i can get them but im not sure because of recessed mids and harsh trebles. i mean, we need mids for detail and instrument separation right?

post #9 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

If you want it all spend $155 and get the GR07 it has great bass, wonderful mids and detailed highs that are not sibilant once burned in. Guitars sound unbelievable on it. I have also owned the TF10 but did not like the recessed mids or it's comfort.


i heard the fame of vsonic gr07 but had not much idea about it. let me check it out,thank you sir!

post #10 of 10

How about the Monster Turbines? the bass is great for metal with its hard hitting heavy impact

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best IEM under $100 for metal