So i got the Sony MDR NC7's for christmas about 2-3 years ago, and basically I've been replacing bits of it over the last few years, the only part of it thats still from the original pair is the actual speakers and a few parts of the wire, the rest is other pieces of headphones and burnt electrical tape and I need some new headphones because this is ridiculous. I need some with the same sound quality or better, over the ear, preferably sound cancelling within the 100 dollar price range, any suggestions?
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/2/11
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/2/11
- productSony MDR-NC7 Foldable Noise Canceling Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 6/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to get a headphone under $100. Last post on 1/10/12 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose the best headphone for my laptop Last post on 9/1/11 at 6:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones under $100 Last post on 5/19/11 at 9:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for work with no amp Last post on 9/28/12 at 8:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/1/11 at 9:18pmpost #3 of 66/1/11 at 9:22pmThread Starter
I don't really listen to music on my headphones at home very often. Mostly when I'm on the bus or walking somewhere or traveling and stuff.
as for what music I like, I really love The Seatbelts, jazz stuff, wolfmother, the fratellis, a bit of classical stuff, anamanaguchi, the arctic monkeys, some rap, mostly a bit of everything i guess.
Edited by Sammichman - 6/1/11 at 9:24pmpost #4 of 66/1/11 at 9:33pmpost #5 of 66/2/11 at 1:45am
- New headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from soundMAGIC E-30 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi 2013 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 6 minutes ago
- › [Impression] Tralucent Audio T1 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi