How does one hook an LCD2 into a portable amp? The LCD2s that I tried at a recent meet all had the big 1/4" plugs that are too big to plug directly into a portable amp. Is the stock LCD2 plug convertible to a thinner plug? Or do you have to get some sort of converter hardware, and if so, where do you buy it?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- productCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productDouble Helix Cables Toucan PB1 Balanced Adaptertagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/9/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/9/11
- productHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Convertertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productIbasso PB 2 Pelicantagged by System, 6/9/11
- productIbasso Toucantagged by System, 6/22/12
- productJust Audio uHA-120tagged by System, 6/22/12More
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 6/9/11
- productNuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/9/11
- productRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR-71B Balanced Amptagged by System, 6/9/11
- productTriad Audio Lisa IIItagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions Last post on 1/13/16 at 10:49am in Portable Headphone Amps
- David beat Goliath - Again? (PB2/DB2 vs. Desktop rig) Last post on 10/10/11 at 6:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600? Last post on 2/19/14 at 4:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Greetings Head-fi, Today, we are going to be taking a look at the QKZ W1 Pro. This is a budget-minded, sports-focused, earphone that offers some great value for those looking to purchase...
Before I begin, I'd like to thank @NLNH for sending me a set free of charge in exchange for my review. I will try and be as honest and truthful as I can in my review regardless. To be honest, when...
Portable amp for LCD2 - Page 8post #106 of 1296/18/12 at 12:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1296/18/12 at 12:41ampost #108 of 1296/18/12 at 1:53pmpost #109 of 1299/11/12 at 4:36pm
You've probably found information elsewhere, by now, but when I last visited this thread, I was still using the Meier Stepdance -> LCD-2.
For several months now, I've been using the iBasso PB2 with LME49990 op-amps + HA5002 buffers, powered with the maximum permissible 16-Volts from an Energizer XP8000 lithium-ion battery pack connected via an XPAL WI16 inline voltage regulator cable.
I'm using the PB2 balanced out to the LCD-2 rev.1 via Toxic Cables' Silver Poison.
I'm really thrilled with the 16V powered, transportable, iBasso PB2. The increase in power relative to the Meier Stepdance is obvious, and thanks to the upgraded op-amps, it sounds very neutral, transparent, and detailed, without color or warmth but not at all dry or thin. The Silver Poison cables add just enough brightness to compensate the LCD-2's shelved highs and, compared to running single-ended with the stock ADZ-5 cables, they have unveiled the clarity across the entire spectrum. But it's the added power of running the PB2 balanced out with a regulated 16V external battery pack (vs. the internal 12.6V battery pack), that has made the greatest difference vs. the single-ended Meier Stepdance - greater dynamic range and punch, tighter control of the bass, and perhaps a bit more bass extension, too.
Mikepost #110 of 12910/3/13 at 9:51pmpost #111 of 12910/4/13 at 10:48am
Not me, but I'm now using a "transportable" amp with my LCD-2 rev.1 that delivers 5.1 Watts per channel into 50 Ohms...
The TBI Audio Millenia MG3, a 24V DC-powered speaker amp that's rated at 32 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms:
See this post for pictures of my new "travel rig": http:http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/7060_20#post_9857369
Edited by zilch0md - 10/5/13 at 7:30ampost #112 of 12910/4/13 at 3:14pmpost #113 of 12910/4/13 at 10:58pm
Thanks for the additional mentions... the TBI setup looks very tempting. Are you running an external battery pack with it or the AAs?
Also have either of you listened to either the intruder (or sr-71b) or HiFi-M8?
Thanks againpost #114 of 12910/5/13 at 7:40amHi swiftal,Quote:
I've not heard the SR71B or the HiFi-M8, but from what I've read about them, the M8 is more neutral - perhaps better for warm headphones.
I'm using a 3600 mAh 6-cell 25.2V LiPo battery to power the TBI Audio Millenia MG3
I've corrected the link I had provided earlier, but I'll just post the contents here:
44.1/16 and 96/24 WAVs on multiple 64GB MicroSD > Sony PCM-M10 Line Out > 24VDC-powered TBI Audio Millenia MG3 (5.1 Watts into 50-Ohm) > TBI Impedance Match > Audeze LCD-2 rev.1
1) Open the case
2) Connect headphone cable to the LCD-2's mini-XLRs
3) Connect the 24VDC LiPo battery and attach alarm/monitor
4) Connect interconnect cable to Sony PCM-M10
5) Turn on the TBI Audio Millenia MG3 and listen to music!
HPRC 2400F case, with Touch shown for scale.
Mikepost #115 of 12910/9/13 at 2:38pmpost #116 of 12910/9/13 at 8:23pmpost #117 of 12910/9/13 at 9:59pmpost #118 of 12910/10/13 at 4:44amQuote:
I've heard the LCD2 with M8 and I think that little amp can do quite a job, of course it might not drive the LCD2 to the best, but in case we are talking about portable, so I think that's Okpost #119 of 12910/10/13 at 4:57ampost #120 of 12911/13/13 at 3:15am
The iBasso D10 with Hi Flight's "Top kit" of opamps and buffers drives the LCD-2 very well, and has a good DAC stage onboard. Battery life is a wopping 20 to 30hours too - even when driving the LCD-2!
- Portable amp for LCD2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Which headphones do you use for PC gaming? 15 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW ATH-CKS1100 first look by Jant71. PG 2066. 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 warranty. 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse