How does one hook an LCD2 into a portable amp? The LCD2s that I tried at a recent meet all had the big 1/4" plugs that are too big to plug directly into a portable amp. Is the stock LCD2 plug convertible to a thinner plug? Or do you have to get some sort of converter hardware, and if so, where do you buy it?
- itemAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones
- itemCEntrance DACport USB Headphone Amp
- itemDouble Helix Cables Toucan PB1 Balanced Adapter
- categoryHeadphone Amplifiers
- itemHRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D A Converter
- itemIbasso PB 2 Pelican
- itemIbasso Toucan
- itemJust Audio UHA 120
- brandMeier Audio
- itemNuForce Icon UDAC 2 Black USB DAC 24bit 96kHz And Headphone Amplifier
- categoryPortable Amps
- itemRay Samuels Audio Emmeline SR 71B Balanced Amp
- itemTriad Audio Lisa III
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ? Last post on 10/16/11 at 3:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ALO Audio RXMKIII Balanced Portable Amplifier Impressions Last post on 5/23/13 at 3:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- David beat Goliath - Again? (PB2/DB2 vs. Desktop rig) Last post on 10/10/11 at 6:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable amp for ipod classic + Sennheiser HD 600? Last post on 10/10/11 at 12:22am in Portable Headphone Amps
Edited on 8/18/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Edited on 5/14/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner)Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Edited on 9/19/11
Related Head Gear
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
Portable amp for LCD2 - Page 8post #106 of 1096/18/12 at 12:32am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 1096/18/12 at 12:41ampost #108 of 1096/18/12 at 1:53pmpost #109 of 1099/11/12 at 4:36pm
You've probably found information elsewhere, by now, but when I last visited this thread, I was still using the Meier Stepdance -> LCD-2.
For several months now, I've been using the iBasso PB2 with LME49990 op-amps + HA5002 buffers, powered with the maximum permissible 16-Volts from an Energizer XP8000 lithium-ion battery pack connected via an XPAL WI16 inline voltage regulator cable.
I'm using the PB2 balanced out to the LCD-2 rev.1 via Toxic Cables' Silver Poison.
I'm really thrilled with the 16V powered, transportable, iBasso PB2. The increase in power relative to the Meier Stepdance is obvious, and thanks to the upgraded op-amps, it sounds very neutral, transparent, and detailed, without color or warmth but not at all dry or thin. The Silver Poison cables add just enough brightness to compensate the LCD-2's shelved highs and, compared to running single-ended with the stock ADZ-5 cables, they have unveiled the clarity across the entire spectrum. But it's the added power of running the PB2 balanced out with a regulated 16V external battery pack (vs. the internal 12.6V battery pack), that has made the greatest difference vs. the single-ended Meier Stepdance - greater dynamic range and punch, tighter control of the bass, and perhaps a bit more bass extension, too.
- Portable amp for LCD2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
- › Something portable with the same quality than my Asus xonar essence... 9 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 18 seconds ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 24 seconds ago
- › Over the ear HeadPhone for computer? 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › philips fidelio x1 vs hifiman he-400 (stronger natural midrange?) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig 4 minutes ago
- › burson new soloist headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Help with impedance mismatching 4 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe