Can anyone give a comparison of these with the CKM99?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/11
- productJVC HAFXC80 Black Series In-Ear Carbon Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/2/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 6/2/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-Range all arounder IEM suggestion? (Atrio M5 replacement, $60-$150) Last post on 1/3/12 at 3:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones broke again...this is a trend, how do I avoid it? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone headsets with replaceable cables - is TF10 vi the only game in town? Last post on 4/25/11 at 7:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Help, thinking detachable wires, around 200$ budget Last post on 4/5/11 at 9:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread - Page 22post #316 of 13066/30/11 at 2:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 13066/30/11 at 2:47pm
new member here. just got my ex600 two days ago for $149 from US ebay , has burned in about 20 hours with pink noise and every kind of music... no luck for me , i think i got the fake one... sound quality completely muddy and i can't hear the treble!!! only pretty good bass and very very forward mid that kill the treble and the soundstage... my ex510 and ex500 ( got it from nearest sony center here in sydney ) sound's much better and much clearer with bigger soundstage.. i might just return it.. i never thought i got the fake one and never thought there are fake ex600 already out there. very very disapointed after reading so many good reviews here... :( sorry for my poor english..post #318 of 13066/30/11 at 2:53pmThread Starter
Don't think it's a fake. just a defective one maybe. Also you may be experiencing bad fit, which is quite probable due to the *ahem* unique form factor of the EX600.post #319 of 13066/30/11 at 3:05pmpost #320 of 13066/30/11 at 3:08pmpost #321 of 13066/30/11 at 3:10pmI've got both but haven't done a direct comparison yet (I don't really enjoy A/B'ing phones), but I intend to pretty soon.From memory, I'd say there's a bit more bass quantity, with a bit more mid-bass on the 99s, but bass, on the whole, is not quite as refined as on the 600s, but still very good, better than many top-tiers. As for mids, the 99s have the edge over the 600s (a bit more forward, fuller, not in-your-face, very nice), and treble is a little smoother on the 600s. Soundstage is very good on both, but on the 600s is a little wider. At higher volumes the CKM99s can be a little fatiguing with some music after a while due to their more V-shaped type of sound. At low volumes I think both are close, but might prefer the 99s (would need to confirm this).**Really need to compare both directly to confirm the above comments, so take these with a grain of salt. I will say, however, the CKM99 is an excellent phone - beautiful design, great build-quality (better than the 600s though no detachable cables), VERY comfortable, fairly decent seal & isolation and better for outside use, but cable is a bit microphonic and has no chin slider.post #322 of 13066/30/11 at 3:38pmpost #323 of 13066/30/11 at 3:45pmpost #324 of 13066/30/11 at 3:49pm
So does mine. How many are the 600s supposed to have? Maybe I have a genuine fake too. I can't believe anyone could fake all that so accurately down to each tip and their color and it would be worth their while.
Edited by Anaxilus - 6/30/11 at 3:50pmpost #325 of 13066/30/11 at 3:57pm
cause i read here that some get two cables... and another one is a shorter cable... don't know maybe different region gets different package... just the sq is a big NO for me... cause i've been using the ex500 & 510 for such a while and i really enjoy them. i expect a big upgrade when i decided to purchase these one... but still can't get it at all...post #326 of 13066/30/11 at 4:07pmThread Starter
Nope. In the USA you guys only get one cable with the EX600 (and EX600 cables for the EX1000).
Until this day I have not seen a fake EX600/800/1000. Mainly due to the weird housing shapes, I guess. But in China they already have fake Sennheiser Orpheus so who am I to judge.
Sometimes the fit might not be correct even if you think it is. When I first got the Triple.Fi-Ten, the seal was excellent. Pulling out created serious suction, but the fit was wrong! Because the sound was severely muffled and panned to the left. Same thing with SE530!
Try switching tips.
Also FYI Anax, fake Hybrids-a plenty.
Edited by 3602 - 6/30/11 at 4:08pmpost #327 of 13066/30/11 at 4:09pm
I know that but I've never seen them in 10 different sizes properly colored in a perfectly copied chocolate bar box. Have you? Including the noise isolating ones?post #328 of 13066/30/11 at 4:15pmpost #329 of 13066/30/11 at 4:16pmThread StarterQuote:
Hmm, indeed not.post #330 of 13066/30/11 at 4:21pm
one more thing. i just wanna ask you guys , is these phone hard to drive or easy to drive for you guys... cause mine is very easy to drive , i use it with my walkman s755 and i just need 13-15 for the volume... but with my ex500 & 510 i need 15-17.. i like to hear music in medium volume..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Grado e Series 3 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 46 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 2 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 2 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)