Can anyone give a comparison of these with the CKM99?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 8/12/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/11
- productJVC HAFXC80 Black Series In-Ear Carbon Headphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/2/11
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 9/19/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 8/12/11
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 6/2/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 6/6/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300) Last post on 7/3/12 at 4:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Mid-Range all arounder IEM suggestion? (Atrio M5 replacement, $60-$150) Last post on 1/3/12 at 3:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones broke again...this is a trend, how do I avoid it? Last post on 10/9/11 at 5:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iPhone headsets with replaceable cables - is TF10 vi the only game in town? Last post on 4/25/11 at 7:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM Help, thinking detachable wires, around 200$ budget Last post on 4/5/11 at 9:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread - Page 22post #316 of 13086/30/11 at 2:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 13086/30/11 at 2:47pm
new member here. just got my ex600 two days ago for $149 from US ebay , has burned in about 20 hours with pink noise and every kind of music... no luck for me , i think i got the fake one... sound quality completely muddy and i can't hear the treble!!! only pretty good bass and very very forward mid that kill the treble and the soundstage... my ex510 and ex500 ( got it from nearest sony center here in sydney ) sound's much better and much clearer with bigger soundstage.. i might just return it.. i never thought i got the fake one and never thought there are fake ex600 already out there. very very disapointed after reading so many good reviews here... :( sorry for my poor english..post #318 of 13086/30/11 at 2:53pmThread Starter
Don't think it's a fake. just a defective one maybe. Also you may be experiencing bad fit, which is quite probable due to the *ahem* unique form factor of the EX600.post #319 of 13086/30/11 at 3:05pmpost #320 of 13086/30/11 at 3:08pmpost #321 of 13086/30/11 at 3:10pmI've got both but haven't done a direct comparison yet (I don't really enjoy A/B'ing phones), but I intend to pretty soon.From memory, I'd say there's a bit more bass quantity, with a bit more mid-bass on the 99s, but bass, on the whole, is not quite as refined as on the 600s, but still very good, better than many top-tiers. As for mids, the 99s have the edge over the 600s (a bit more forward, fuller, not in-your-face, very nice), and treble is a little smoother on the 600s. Soundstage is very good on both, but on the 600s is a little wider. At higher volumes the CKM99s can be a little fatiguing with some music after a while due to their more V-shaped type of sound. At low volumes I think both are close, but might prefer the 99s (would need to confirm this).**Really need to compare both directly to confirm the above comments, so take these with a grain of salt. I will say, however, the CKM99 is an excellent phone - beautiful design, great build-quality (better than the 600s though no detachable cables), VERY comfortable, fairly decent seal & isolation and better for outside use, but cable is a bit microphonic and has no chin slider.post #322 of 13086/30/11 at 3:38pmpost #323 of 13086/30/11 at 3:45pmpost #324 of 13086/30/11 at 3:49pm
So does mine. How many are the 600s supposed to have? Maybe I have a genuine fake too. I can't believe anyone could fake all that so accurately down to each tip and their color and it would be worth their while.
Edited by Anaxilus - 6/30/11 at 3:50pmpost #325 of 13086/30/11 at 3:57pm
cause i read here that some get two cables... and another one is a shorter cable... don't know maybe different region gets different package... just the sq is a big NO for me... cause i've been using the ex500 & 510 for such a while and i really enjoy them. i expect a big upgrade when i decided to purchase these one... but still can't get it at all...post #326 of 13086/30/11 at 4:07pmThread Starter
Nope. In the USA you guys only get one cable with the EX600 (and EX600 cables for the EX1000).
Until this day I have not seen a fake EX600/800/1000. Mainly due to the weird housing shapes, I guess. But in China they already have fake Sennheiser Orpheus so who am I to judge.
Sometimes the fit might not be correct even if you think it is. When I first got the Triple.Fi-Ten, the seal was excellent. Pulling out created serious suction, but the fit was wrong! Because the sound was severely muffled and panned to the left. Same thing with SE530!
Try switching tips.
Also FYI Anax, fake Hybrids-a plenty.
Edited by 3602 - 6/30/11 at 4:08pmpost #327 of 13086/30/11 at 4:09pm
I know that but I've never seen them in 10 different sizes properly colored in a perfectly copied chocolate bar box. Have you? Including the noise isolating ones?post #328 of 13086/30/11 at 4:15pmpost #329 of 13086/30/11 at 4:16pmThread StarterQuote:
Hmm, indeed not.post #330 of 13086/30/11 at 4:21pm
one more thing. i just wanna ask you guys , is these phone hard to drive or easy to drive for you guys... cause mine is very easy to drive , i use it with my walkman s755 and i just need 13-15 for the volume... but with my ex500 & 510 i need 15-17.. i like to hear music in medium volume..Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Introduced on 15-1-2015 ] The Mi Headphones by Xiaomi (1 Review in... 3 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 4 minutes ago
- › WA7 Fireflies vs Wa22 for TH900 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3