I know, I know. Skullcandies are more toys than quality headphones, but I have heard the Skullcandy DJ pros and they are the best headphones I have ever got to listen to ( yes I am new to quality audio). But the SC DJ pros are the only headphones I can compare with. I have watched tons of reviews on youtube and asked a few questions on other forums and on yahoo answers. I am getting the same types of answers; great for the price, get them, and such like that. But I have also gotten some contradictory info, They have great bass - they have low bass. Get them - don't get them, get these instead. So I decided to come here and get a more straightforward answer. I don't have allot of money to spend, about $175 (would like to spend less than $150 but would go to $175 at max). This is graduation money by the way, so I would like to keep some in the bank. What is a good price for these headphones? I see about $150 on amazon for the coiled cable which is what i will get if i do get the, but I see $100 as a fair price yet only a few used with questionable quality go for that. These would also be my first pair of "good" headphones( right now I am using a pair of 8 year old Koss headphones that only work on one side :|). P.S. I love bass and think that it should be a requirement for any headset I would purchase.Thanks for any and all help. Will let you know my final decision.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/2/11
- productAUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2tagged by System, 6/2/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/2/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/2/11
- brandSkullcandytagged by System, 6/2/11
- productSkullcandy S6SPBZ-EW SK Pro DJ Headphone, (Emerald/White)tagged by System, 6/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones for Rush? Last post on 10/12/11 at 3:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bose AE2(OE2?) vs ATH M50. Which one is best for mid and treble(e.g. violin) Last post on 12/8/11 at 6:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- New to the audiophile world - M50, Pro700Mk2 or Other? Last post on 1/2/15 at 9:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- m50 700mk2 or something better Last post on 9/25/11 at 1:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Audio Technica Ath-M50 compaired to SkullCandy DJ Pro?
Poll Results: What should I get?
17 Total Votespost #1 of 385/31/11 at 6:23pmThread Starter
5% (1)Other for same price range. If so leave a comment.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 385/31/11 at 7:01pmThread Starterpost #3 of 385/31/11 at 7:26pm
Hands down ath-m50 are better than the skullcandy dj pros... skullcandys suck in general they just have a marketing advantage like beats by dre and bose...
also if youre looking for some good dj headphones, get the audio technica pro700mk2.. 135 on amazon,post #4 of 385/31/11 at 7:52pmThread StarterQuote:
Not necessarily looking for dj headphones, just great sound quality, good bass, and preferably portable. Basically the most bang for the buck headphones for ~$150post #5 of 385/31/11 at 11:07pmpost #6 of 386/1/11 at 1:52am
C'mon guys, at least try out the DJ Pros before telling him to get an alternative...
I SENSE A REVOLUTION!!! The Pro700 gets my vote if you want hard-hitting, low-riding (no Skullcandy pun intended) bass.post #7 of 386/1/11 at 4:28am
As expected, most people started raging "LOL SKULLCANDY SUCK GET M50 BEST THING EVA". I did not vote since I have not tried the M50 yet - however I suspect a lot of you to have voted without having tried the SK Pro. You just assume since it's a Skullcandy, it's not even worth your attention, and without trying it, tell the OP to get the alternative or to get something else.
Also, you were so hasty in your need to defend the beloved M50 that you didn't even notice the OP wanted a portable. I would hardly call the M50 portable, but fine.
Anyway, the SK Pro aren't that portable and their coiled cable might be annoying. The sound was decent, with plenty of bass as expected and more detail than you'd expect from a SC headphone. They can be driven from your regular DAP pretty well. I just wouldn't walk around with those things. I suggest you look into the portable supra-aural category, since those are made for every-day travelling.post #8 of 386/1/11 at 4:37ampost #9 of 386/1/11 at 4:52ampost #10 of 386/1/11 at 4:59ampost #11 of 386/1/11 at 5:04ampost #12 of 386/1/11 at 5:05amThread StarterQuote:
NTY, and the size of the DJ Pros do not bother me, anything about that size would be fine with me.
post #13 of 386/1/11 at 5:08ampost #14 of 386/1/11 at 5:45amThread Starter
- Audio Technica Ath-M50 compaired to SkullCandy DJ Pro?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audeze LCD-2 Fazor For Sale - Leather Bamboo Edition w Travel Case... 25 seconds ago
- › Official X3 firmware 3.30--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. Merry Christmas! 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 2 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › "Crunching"/"Crackling" in .flac files. 5 minutes ago
- › Best alternative to AD700 in soundstage and price? 5 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3